Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2024, 09:49 PM   #61
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

"You know you're working out when you taste blood."

This week, the teams travel to Colombia. The twins can't make up their minds at the Detour, so now they can go home and never need to think ever again.
  1. Ricky & César (win trip to Cape Town)
  2. Amber & Vinny
  3. Derek & Shelisa
  4. Juan & Shane
  5. Rod & Leticia
  6. Yvonne & Melissa
  7. Sunny & Bizzy
  8. Kishori & Karishma
  9. Angie & Danny
  10. Michelle & Sean
  11. Anthony & Bailey
  12. Chris & Mary
  13. Maya & Rohan
  • EldrickOnIce: Juan & Shane / Chris & Mary
  • Yeah_Baby: Sunny & Bizzy / Derek & Shelisa
  • getbak: Anthony & Bailey / Kishori & Karishma
  • Superflyer: Rod & Leticia / Maya & Rohan
  • trackercowe: Ricky & Cesar / Angie & Danny
  • surferguy: Yvonne & Mellisa / Ricky & Cesar
  • Hockey: Amber & Vinny / Rod & Letica
  • Fuzz: Michelle & Sean / Yvonne & Mellisa
  • WhiteTiger: Derek & Shelisa / Sunny & Bizzy
  • Amethyst: Maya & Rohan / Michelle & Sean
  • csnarpy: Chris & Mary / Amber & Vinny
  • Russic: Kishori & Karishma / Anthony & Bailey
  • Cheese: Angie & Danny / Juan & Shane

Next week: The teams stay in Colombia.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:08 AM   #62
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few teams had a better showing this week after really struggling on the legs in Mexico, but it still feels like it will be at least three more weeks of waiting for the obvious strugglers to go away before we're down to the stronger teams.

I don't see any way Kishori & Karishma, Angie & Danny, or Michelle & Sean have any chance. Unless someone really screws up, they seem like the obvious next 3 to go home.

The promo for next week makes it seem like Amber & Vinny are going to have a meltdown, but those are usually a red herring.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:34 AM   #63
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Twins were really out of their league LOL. I dont think Ive ever seen a team drop a challenge for another one, TWICE on the same two challenges. I mean that cooking challenge was elementary cooking 101. I wonder if they just eat beans out of a can at home.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:44 AM   #64
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

So it seems like they are not doing the rush to the airport and book your flights anymore, maybe it was just this leg but having them all show up in Columbia then start in groups is lame.

Also next week is episode 4 and there have only been two countries\cities with that. Seems odd
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:18 PM   #65
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
So it seems like they are not doing the rush to the airport and book your flights anymore, maybe it was just this leg but having them all show up in Columbia then start in groups is lame.

Also next week is episode 4 and there have only been two countries\cities with that. Seems odd
Must be covid/social distancing related reasons. It definitely hampers the season. It's not really a race around the world when it's all based in South America. Also Ricky and Caesar have a huge advantage being bilingual. I would think they are odds on favourite to win. That's pretty much why I chose them, they seem to be relatively good at all challenges.

The twins were downright awful. How were they slower going up the hill than the other teams? You would figure two athletic 20 somethings would have decent cardio, but they were terrible at pretty much everything. Also what was up with the one guy and his fear of falling down the hill? Between his fear and the girl in Survivor not knowing how to jump it was a couple embarrassing weeks for CBS reality shows.

Oh and yet again there seemed to have been a huge disparity in difficulty for the detour challenge. Like last week with the flags, and this week with the truck. It doesn't make it very interesting when all the teams stick to one challenge.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:37 PM   #66
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post

This season was recorded in the fall of 2022 with the same COVID restrictions that were in place for race #34 (charter flight between cities, staying in most cities for 2 legs, limited destinations).

The season that aired last fall was actually recorded more recently than this one and had the standard rules.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:20 PM   #67
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Must be covid/social distancing related reasons. It definitely hampers the season. It's not really a race around the world when it's all based in South America. Also Ricky and Caesar have a huge advantage being bilingual. I would think they are odds on favourite to win. That's pretty much why I chose them, they seem to be relatively good at all challenges.

The twins were downright awful. How were they slower going up the hill than the other teams? You would figure two athletic 20 somethings would have decent cardio, but they were terrible at pretty much everything. Also what was up with the one guy and his fear of falling down the hill? Between his fear and the girl in Survivor not knowing how to jump it was a couple embarrassing weeks for CBS reality shows.

Oh and yet again there seemed to have been a huge disparity in difficulty for the detour challenge. Like last week with the flags, and this week with the truck. It doesn't make it very interesting when all the teams stick to one challenge.
Yeah we noticed this as well. They should break it up and say that only half of the teams can go to each one, first come first served.

Also that truck challenge seemed like it would be a massive pain, especially to cooking some rice and sausages
Old 03-28-2024, 10:26 PM   #68
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Caught the episode.

That city they were in was beautiful. 3/4 of the reason I watch this show is to add places to my bucket list of places I'd like to go. Guatapé has made that list.

Not a very interesting episode. Not that I'm shocked. With the 90 min episodes, it seems these shows need to get about 1/2 way through the season before they start to get interesting. As getbak mentioned, I'd be very surprised if Kishori & Karishma, Angie & Danny, or Michelle & Sean aren't the next 3 teams out.

I also agree about the challenge mismatch again. I had thought that the truck would be that you'd be given a pile of stuff and you'd have to put it all on and it'd need to 'survive' a couple laps around that 'track'...but no, it's some crazyinsane detail-oriented reverse-Jenga challenge. The other was...cook 3 plates of food and make it look pretty.

Seeing the coffee bean plantation was pretty neat. It looked like that was something that you could do. I think it'd be pretty cool to hand-pick my own coffee beans, husk them, roast them, grind them and make my own cup of coffee from that.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2024, 11:12 PM   #69
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Don’t forget that this race was filmed in 2022 and was built into 60 minute segments. The reason why we’re seeing it now is they had to re-edit it for 90 minute segments. The Airport rush scenes and race free-for-alls are back, as portrayed in the last season shown.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:28 PM   #70
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, Angie & Danny got exceptionally lucky in this leg.

Beyond that, a rather ho-hum leg. But I do have one thing to ponder...HOW do you go on Amazing Race, and NOT KNOW HOW TO READ A MAP?! That was embarrassing for several teams.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 08:52 PM   #71
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

"We wanted a dance challenge. We got a frickin' dance challenge."

It's never a good sign when they cut to the post-leg interviews and everyone is sitting in daylight, then you're in complete darkness.

This week, the teams continue racing in Colombia, with one of the most lopsided Detours ever... unless you're Sunny & Bizzy, who clearly had no idea what a rebus is.

Fortunately for the firefighters, Karishma and Michelle could not figure out the Roadblock.

Michelle was slightly slower, so Michelle & Sean are heading home.
  1. Ricky & César (win $2,500 each)
  2. Amber & Vinny
  3. Angie & Danny
  4. Rod & Leticia
  5. Juan & Shane
  6. Derek & Shelisa
  7. Yvonne & Melissa
  8. Sunny & Bizzy
  9. Kishori & Karishma
  10. Michelle & Sean
  11. Anthony & Bailey
  12. Chris & Mary
  13. Maya & Rohan

Next week: The teams head to Chile.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:50 PM   #72
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ricky and Caesar have this thing in the bag. May as well cut them the cheque now. They have such a huge advantage over the other teams, PLUS they're just that much better than the other teams. Planning out competitions in advance, while other teams fight and twiddle their thumbs.

Good on them for showing other teams how it's done. They'll need to get very unlucky in the last leg to not win this all.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 12:10 PM   #73
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Ricky and Caesar have this thing in the bag. May as well cut them the cheque now. They have such a huge advantage over the other teams, PLUS they're just that much better than the other teams. Planning out competitions in advance, while other teams fight and twiddle their thumbs.

Good on them for showing other teams how it's done. They'll need to get very unlucky in the last leg to not win this all.
I they would have a lot more problems if this wasn’t in South America. The Nurses, atm, are proving to be strong as well - at least in gameplay.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 02:27 PM   #74
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if that's why they held this season in the can and aired the post covid season with the writer's strike ahead. They knew it was a more competitive race
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:51 AM   #75
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Put my other team out of its misery...

Ricky and Caesar didn't acknowledge it and they are racing well, but speaking Spanish is helping a lot.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:11 PM   #76
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Basically Tyra Banks."

This week, the top teams keep on rolling and the inevitable end comes for the cousins. The firefighters keep messing up, but are again able to recover and stay alive.

If you noticed, the pattern on the skateboard had the number 35 because this was originally supposed to be race #35.
  1. Ricky & César (win trip to Singapore)
  2. Juan & Shane
  3. Amber & Vinny
  4. Angie & Danny
  5. Rod & Leticia
  6. Yvonne & Melissa
  7. Sunny & Bizzy
  8. Derek & Shelisa
  9. Kishori & Karishma
  10. Michelle & Sean
  11. Anthony & Bailey
  12. Chris & Mary
  13. Maya & Rohan
I never do well on these when I get a high draft pick.

Next week: The teams travel to Argentina for (presumably the first half of) the Mega Leg.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:34 AM   #77
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really surprised at how well Angie & Danny have run the race, thought they would be first out.
Based on previews for next week it looks like their run could be coming to an end.

Kishori and Karishma tried hard but clearly didn't understand what running the Race was all about and crashed out on a simple Roadblock, I was actually pretty surprised at how easy the drum challenge was as well.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 07:50 AM   #78
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Was a pretty easy leg all around, the hardest part was the driving. I am assuming that they provided everyone a map to make it easier as all them had one and they looked like they were printed on a large sheet of paper.

The thing I was most impressed with was Rod jumping the fence to get into the skate park. Dude made it look so impressive and reminded everyone that he is a pro athlete. Then everyone else went down what looked like 20 feet and went in the gate
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 03:52 AM   #79
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I'm really surprised at how well Angie & Danny have run the race, thought they would be first out.
Based on previews for next week it looks like their run could be coming to an end.

Kishori and Karishma tried hard but clearly didn't understand what running the Race was all about and crashed out on a simple Roadblock, I was actually pretty surprised at how easy the drum challenge was as well.

They've been pretty lucky with 'physical' challenges that really haven't been physical. I don't think that Angie could have done either of the physical aspects of the roadblock this time. She sure wouldn't have been able to do the rock climb, and I doubt that she could have handled the weight of the drum (despite that being more of a charisma challenge, as Rod showed) if she'd been required to wear it. The challenge wasn't so much playing the drum as it was convincing people to give you some spare change.

I do wonder just how separated the packs were, if Rod & Leticia could get lost, end up in the mountains, come back, do the challenge and still end up in 5th.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 04-12-2024 at 03:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2024, 10:04 PM   #80
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I love scoring... in all senses of the word."

This week, the teams raced the Mega Leg in Argentina. Three teams raced together and kept going strong. Derek & Shelisa had some troubles and were eliminated.

1. Juan & Shane (win $5,000 each)
  2. Ricky & César
  3. Rod & Leticia
  4. Amber & Vinny
  5. Angie & Danny
  6. Yvonne & Melissa
  7. Sunny & Bizzy
  8. Derek & Shelisa
  9. Kishori & Karishma
  10. Michelle & Sean
  11. Anthony & Bailey
  12. Chris & Mary
  13. Maya & Rohan

It was interesting that they didn't break the Mega Leg into 2 episodes, which I'm sure was the plan when they were 60 minute episodes. Also, last week, CBS announced the season finale will be airing on May 15. Which means only 4 episodes remaining... but unless they have 4 teams race to the finish, they need to eliminate 4 teams in the next 3 episodes. So, we could get a 2 elimination episode coming up.

Next week: The teams travel to Uruguay.