Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #1921
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

The later part I don't mind now because of the setting and that everything is in Winter. 7 episodes is a bit short for my liking. I have a feeling things will be rushed.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #1922
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny because they easily could have made season 6 seven episodes by cutting the fat. So this in theory could be a good thing having less episodes, but tighter episodes as a result. Just thinking about it the only way they could even have 10 episodes worth of material next year is by expanding current storylines, which would be a mistake. They just finally condensed a few storylines at the end of last year, no need to bloat it up again. Keep things tight with the 4-5 storylines left, of which several will likely intersect soon anyway.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #1923
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 07-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #1924
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It's funny because they easily could have made season 6 seven episodes by cutting the fat. So this in theory could be a good thing having less episodes, but tighter episodes as a result. Just thinking about it the only way they could even have 10 episodes worth of material next year is by expanding current storylines, which would be a mistake. They just finally condensed a few storylines at the end of last year, no need to bloat it up again. Keep things tight with the 4-5 storylines left.
I paid my money, I want my 20 episodes. Dont cheat me!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:48 AM   #1925
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect these 7 episodes would resolve the King's Landing stuff, and the next season would mostly focus on the White Walker issue.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #1926
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

13-15 hours left, plenty of time.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2016, 01:09 PM   #1927
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
A girl will have to wait.

Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #1928
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hope they end up with 8 episodes worth of material after shooting.

Then realize that doing 8 wasn't so bad, then do another 8 for the final season.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #1929
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe Game of Thrones cast is scheduled to show up at Conan's late show on Friday at Comic Con. Should be fun to see in person (managed to get passes). Anybody else here?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #1930
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just downloaded the season 6 soundtrack. God damn, Ramin Djawadi.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #1931
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I saw this elsewhere a few weeks ago, and didn't see it posted... someone added iconic music from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly to the first Tower of Joy scene. It's much better.

Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2016, 10:10 PM   #1932
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ehhy... Doesn't fit the theme imo
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to worth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #1933
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Conan show today with Game of Thrones was awesome. Apparently they're using it to close the Comic-Con run on Sunday. Initial intro was pretty funny having watched the early part of Season 6.

Stormtrooper was the Funko figure they gave out. Selling like hotcakes on ebay if you collect those things.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #1934
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #1935
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone rewatching season one on CTV this week? I'm traveling and don't have much to do. So I'm watching it in my hotel room every night. It's funny how much easier it is to follow than the first time I watched it six years ago. You don't have to spend all this time learning who's who and where's where and what's what. I don't recall having any idea who the Greyjoys were in season one, but they actually talk about them a lot.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudoreality For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #1936
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Anyone rewatching season one on CTV this week? I'm traveling and don't have much to do. So I'm watching it in my hotel room every night. It's funny how much easier it is to follow than the first time I watched it six years ago. You don't have to spend all this time learning who's who and where's where and what's what. I don't recall having any idea who the Greyjoys were in season one, but they actually talk about them a lot.
I believe HBO subscribers can watch any episode of GoT online anytime.... I only post because I only recently found this applies to Canada
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #1937
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
I believe HBO subscribers can watch any episode of GoT online anytime.... I only post because I only recently found this applies to Canada
It won't work outside of Canada.
I was just in NYC and tried watching HBO online but was blocked.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #1938
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post

So many actors looked the same too initially. I know they purposely cast actors that looked alike to show family resemblances, but I really struggled with that for the first three years.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:41 AM   #1939
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

New casting call sheds light on characters we'll be seeing next season, including:

Quote:
Warrior, in the 35 – 45 age range. The character is a tough-looking bruiser with the attack skills of a pit bull, and the actor needs to be great at fighting. He has a “considerable” amount of dialogue as well. It’s described as an “excellent part for a top-end actor.” Helpful clues in the description? We know it’s not a Dothraki character as the actor for the role is required to be white, and they’re asking for a neutral and non-posh English accent. This role is currently scheduled to shoot across October.

Lieutenant, in his 20’s. The character is described as an athletic, physically fit, and disciplined warrior. Appearance-wise, they’re looking for someone not white, with Middle Eastern descent mentioned. This bears the hallmarks of a Dothraki character description. He’s set to shoot several days across three weeks, between mid-September and mid-November.

Gate Guard, in his 20’s. The character is described as a “Confident, characterful, straight-talking Northern lad with a great face to play across a very excellent series of scenes.” They’re looking someone with wit, timing, and charisma. He’s currently scheduled to film between mid-October and mid-November.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #1940
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So my guess is the warrior is going to be either a Lannister or Tyrell bannerman, the Lieutenant is a Dothraki sub-Kal of some kind and the Gate Guard will be one of Jon Snow's new bannermen.

I was just thinking, what use are the Dothraki to Danny? Sure they can meet armies on the battlefield or burn villages, but so can her dragons. With dragons you can pretty much win any battle, but you need an army to hold the castles and keep the Queens peace. I don't see the Dothraki being very good at being occupiers. I guess she could just let them loose on the west (Casterly Rock and Lannisport) while she focused taking control on Kings landing.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote