Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #1761
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

LlI think some people on this thread are over thinking this thing circei.

While she loved her children and loves Jamie, I never got the impression that she was as devoted to them as they were to her with the exception of Jeffrey, who was probably the most like circei.

When we see the prophecy she gets as a child, for me, once Joffrey dies it is confirmation for her that the prophecy will indeed come to pass, and begins the process of mourning by being more distant. Her interactions with tommen this season were cold and distant I thought, even for her.

She is acting out if self interest and always will. While tommen death might not have been the purpose of the explosion, it is the somewhat predictable blowback. I think the dressing scene at the beginning with her clad in black is her accepting her fate and moving forward. The only thing left for her now was to take the crown and wait for the prophecy conclude.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #1762
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post

While she loved her children and loves Jamie, I never got the impression that she was as devoted to them as they were to her with the exception of Jeffrey, who was probably the most like circei.

When we see the prophecy she gets as a child, for me, once Joffrey dies it is confirmation for her that the prophecy will indeed come to pass, and begins the process of mourning by being more distant. Her interactions with tommen this season were cold and distant I thought, even for her.

She is acting out if self interest and always will. While tommen death might not have been the purpose of the explosion, it is the somewhat predictable blowback. I think the dressing scene at the beginning with her clad in black is her accepting her fate and moving forward. The only thing left for her now was to take the crown and wait for the prophecy conclude.
Disagree, she's trying to stop the prophecy. I don't think she wanted Tommen dead, or even had the slightest that he'd kill himself.

Her blowing up the sept is her way of stopping the "younger queen" from taking her down. I don't think she knows how strong Dany is yet.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #1763
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post

Cerci loves nothing more then her children, all of them.

It is the only thing that makes her human or relatable. Loosing tommen hurt her a great deal.

Watch the "making of Episode 10" for some evidence, or go back through her lines on the show.
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #1764
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Circei loves herself more than her children.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #1765
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cersei
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #1766
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Disagree, she's trying to stop the prophecy. I don't think she wanted Tommen dead, or even had the slightest that he'd kill himself.

Her blowing up the sept is her way of stopping the "younger queen" from taking her down. I don't think she knows how strong Dany is yet.
I think she's subconsciously making the prophecy reality. Didn't she kill her friend immediately after hearing the prophecy? The first step in the prophecy.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #1767
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I think she's subconsciously making the prophecy reality. Didn't she kill her friend immediately after hearing the prophecy? The first step in the prophecy.
Exactly, her knowing it, and trying to stop it is causing it to play out.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #1768
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post

It is the only thing that makes her human or relatable. Loosing tommen hurt her a great deal.

Watch the "making of Episode 10" for some evidence, or go back through her lines on the show.
Remember what she tells Sansa about what a monster Robert was and the only way to get through it was thinking about her kids.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:17 AM   #1769
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Exactly, her knowing it, and trying to stop it is causing it to play out.
Interesting. Similar to Bran and the red priestess. The ink is dry. People pursuing or attempting to avoid future outcomes is what causes them.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #1770
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, can we all agree that it's way more interesting if Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna and that she willingly went with him? Or am I in the minority on that?

Noble Stark shirks her engagement to run off with another man. Robert starts a war over a woman that didn't really want him. An extra layer of tragedy over the entire story.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 01:59 AM   #1771
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Also, can we all agree that it's way more interesting if Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna and that she willingly went with him? Or am I in the minority on that?

Noble Stark shirks her engagement to run off with another man. Robert starts a war over a woman that didn't really want him. An extra layer of tragedy over the entire story.
Robert sounds like he was always a womanizer, if he was that way back then I could see her leaving to be with someone else
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:01 AM   #1772
itcrossedtheline
Scoring Winger

Exp:

i always like watching these

itcrossedtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:27 AM   #1773
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I can't remember that part of the flash back. Was it implied later?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #1774
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post

I had assumed this is exactly what happened. Littlefinger's knowing smirk when Sansa brings up the kidnap/rape story. Barristan reminiscing about how gentle, kind and artistic Rhaegar was. it seems pretty clear that painting Rhaegar as another Targaryan monster was very helpful and convenient for Robert's rebellion. though it's also very likely that Robert had no idea it was mutual love and without more information just assumed it was a forceful taking.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #1775
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
I had assumed this is exactly what happened. Littlefinger's knowing smirk when Sansa brings up the kidnap/rape story. Barristan reminiscing about how gentle, kind and artistic Rhaegar was. it seems pretty clear that painting Rhaegar as another Targaryan monster was very helpful and convenient for Robert's rebellion. though it's also very likely that Robert had no idea it was mutual love and without more information just assumed it was a forceful taking.
It's all part of the great game... and apparently it's quite terrifying!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #1776
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #1777
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

From HBO

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...oy-infographic

Old 06-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #1778
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the directors of Season 7 episodes have been revealed
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29...rones-season-7

Most notable changes: the director of "Hardhome", "Battle of the #######s" and "Winds of Winter" Miguel Sapochnik and David Nutter, who directed "Mother's Mercy" and "Red Wedding" will not be directing anything next season.will not be doing any episodes for the seventh season.

Jeremy Podeswa, the director of "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" and "Home" will be back as well.

Mark Mylod, the director of some of the worst episodes this season "Broken Man" and "No One" and Shameless, will be directing parts of next season.

My reaction when I read the last one

Link

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-29-2016 at 10:25 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #1779
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
So the directors of Season 7 episodes have been revealed
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29...rones-season-7

Most notable changes: the director of "Hardhome", "Battle of the #######s" and "Winds of Winter" Miguel Sapochnik and David Nutter, who directed "Mother's Mercy" and "Red Wedding" will not be directing anything next season.will not be doing any episodes for the seventh season.

Jeremy Podeswa, the director of "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" and "Home" will be back as well.

Mark Mylod, the director of some of the worst episodes this season "Broken Man" and "No One" and Shameless, will be directing parts of next season.

My reaction when I read the last one

Link

Give me more Miguel!
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:28 AM   #1780
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post

Cersei has said several things to suggest she doesn't care about her children as much as she says to everyone.

When she last saw Jaime, she basically said nobody else matters. 'Nothing else matters, only our love'. She didn't include Tommen in this circle of love. At this point she already accepted that Tommen was going to die as per the prophecy.

If she truly loved her children, then she wouldn't have blown up her last remaining child's wife whom he really loved. In the religious sept where Tommen worshiped his newly found gods. This was a selfish choice that would only have a positive result for Cersei.

If Cersei didn't restrict Tommen from entering the sept, she would of been seen as the murderer of the king. Everyone knows that it was the queen who pulled the trigger on this. It was more to save her own ass then to protect her son.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandwagon In Flames For This Useful Post: