Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #121
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Star Wars Rebels

So, for anyone wondering, Popcorn Time has all the episodes. I'm catching up as we speak.

Edit:
Upon further inspection, they seem to be missing Fire Across the Galaxy, the season 1 finale, along with the 4 shorts that apparently accompany the episodes.

Last edited by Trailer Fire; 02-10-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #122
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The shorts are available on starwars.com.

Every so often, Disney XD will do a marathon showing of every episode in order. That's how I got caught up before Season 2 started.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 PM   #123
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Pretty neat little episode tonight that was really designed around showing off Ezra's force affinity as he was the only one that could hear the space monsters in distress and could basically communicate with them through the force.

This episode was there to basically show how powerful Ezra was becoming.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #124
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I bought the first episode on itunes just to check it out, great show. I r hooked.

Bought the rest of the season, time to binge.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #125
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really good episode last night that really dug into Hera's past as she reunited with her father to capture a desperately needed Imperial Light Carrier to house Phoenix Squadron.

The Light Carrier was configured exactly as it was in the Legends EU which was cool to see.

We saw conflict with Hera and her father, and we saw that when Hera gets exasperated she gets a heavy almost creole accent.

Some other cool things that I wanted to throw out there.

Hera's father was part of two key story lines in TCW's cartoon, he makes a big return as a man obsessed with freeing his world, sometimes at the cost of the fledgling rebellion.

We saw the return of another CW character as we saw a grown up Numa. She was the little girl in an expisode that got attached to two clone troopers Waxer and Boil. in a neat little episode

At the end she called the Clone Troopers brother in Ryloth, now she's one of the key leaders of the Ryloth Rebellion and made a small appearance in last nights episode.

No Ahsoka or Rex in this episode which is funny because you'd think that Rex would be all over a ship stealing mission.

Some really funny moments, Kanaan who's in a relationship with Hera meeting her father for the first time acts like the typical teen meeting a father for the first time and completely bumbles the introduction of his crew.

When the Imperials sound the evacuation of the ship there is a really funny and brief storm trooper scene that had me laughing out loud.

Not the best episode but solid.

Next weeks episode could be really interesting as Agent Kallus and Zeb are stranded together after a ship crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #126
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm getting impatient with this show. I know it's not the Ashoka show but come on! There's a big story line needing to unfold here. And Those mid-season teasers showing The crew in a Sith temple really have me curious as to whats going to happen. Let's get this going!
Old 02-19-2016, 06:17 PM   #127
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I'm getting impatient with this show. I know it's not the Ashoka show but come on! There's a big story line needing to unfold here. And Those mid-season teasers showing The crew in a Sith temple really have me curious as to whats going to happen. Let's get this going!
Your probably not going to see much of Ahsohka until the last two epsiodes, and the epsidode after the next one is called shroud of darkness.

If they follow their form, the big story will be a cliff hanger to next season.

But patience Dammage, She will die

And no that's not a spoiler, I just really wanted to use a Dooku line there.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:23 PM   #128
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I am getting caught up on Rebels so I've been avoiding most of the discussion here, but I just have to say I am really liking this. Each episode is like a mission in Imperial Assault, its really fun.

I like it way better than Clone Wars so far.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:30 PM   #129
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me TCW is still the king of the animated universe, just because it had more adult sensibilities, and went really grey to black in the last couple of years.

I was also a bigger fan of the clone centric episodes.

I also loved Palpatine wiping the mat with Maul and his brother.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #130
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Started the second season, man that fight between Kanan, Ezra and Vader was just awesome.

I could have sworn that was James Earl Jones himself, and checking IMDB it was! Awesome how the original actors are signing up for this.. as I am sure Disney has appropriately compensated them. Then I also found out that Freddie Prince Junior is Kanan.. all of a sudden he doesn't seem quite so bad ass, lol.

I've watched enough of Clone Wars to get lots of these references, but definitely a lot going over my head. I hope they stop with all the Clone Wars links and make this show its own moving forward.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #131
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really good episode tonight that humanized one of the key villains in the series as Zeb and Agent Kallus are stuck together on a frozen world.

The whole episode was tremendous to me.

Kallus came to certain realizations, he never questioned the empire about the slaughter of the geonoisians nor the Lesat, and he saw his unit butchered by a Lesat mercenary.

In the end Zeb returned to the Rebels who treated him like a returning friend. Kallus returned to the Empire who treated him like they didn't care about him at all.

Great episode.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #132
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea that was for sure one of my favourites so far. I loved the part at the end where Kallus is back on his ship limping around, tries to maybe I don't know strike up a conversation or play on what he thinks might be an existing bond with that Admiral just to have him keep walking by. The scene at the end with him sitting on the bed was very well done and open ended. Could Kallus start doubting the empire? He seemed to a little bit when he talked about the slaughter on Zeb's home world.

I am officially all caught up now and loving the show. I am also sad now that I can't binge watch. But I have 5 seasons of Clone Wars to watch now which I am sure will help me understand more about some of these characters. Do we have a Clone Wars thread or can I ask all my questions in here?

Also the scene with Asoka dumbying those two Inquisitors was just awesome. So Vader destroys Kanan and Ezra who fight decently equal against the Inquisitors, at least Kanan does, who get destroyed by Asoka. Safe to say a Vader Asoka show down is in the future.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #133
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yea that was for sure one of my favourites so far. I loved the part at the end where Kallus is back on his ship limping around, tries to maybe I don't know strike up a conversation or play on what he thinks might be an existing bond with that Admiral just to have him keep walking by. The scene at the end with him sitting on the bed was very well done and open ended. Could Kallus start doubting the empire? He seemed to a little bit when he talked about the slaughter on Zeb's home world.

I am officially all caught up now and loving the show. I am also sad now that I can't binge watch. But I have 5 seasons of Clone Wars to watch now which I am sure will help me understand more about some of these characters. Do we have a Clone Wars thread or can I ask all my questions in here?

Also the scene with Asoka dumbying those two Inquisitors was just awesome. So Vader destroys Kanan and Ezra who fight decently equal against the Inquisitors, at least Kanan does, who get destroyed by Asoka. Safe to say a Vader Asoka show down is in the future.
Feel free to ask any clone war series here, since the series are linked.

I felt for Kallus, and its not easy for him on any front, his constant failings have to be getting the attentions of a guy like Vader who kills Imperial Officers for lunch.

You get a sense that Kallus is a guy who joined the Imperials for what he thought were honorable reasons "Like bringing peace to the galaxy", had a lot of bad things happen and just became jaded and stopped asking questions.

But that scene in the end, right down to the sterile cabin, you just felt the indecision pouring off of him.

Oh and the Ahsoka Vader confrontation is coming up this year, they've alread shown it in the second half trailers, but my bet is they will cliff hanger it.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not because I don't think this ends well for the Rebels, and I think that the end of this season is going to feel a lot like the end of Empire.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #134
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea I just went and watched the trailer, I really should catch up on Clone Wars before this season ends, that's a tall task though with the number of episodes each season has.

Who is this Old Master? Are we supposed to know who that is? Is that another Clone Wars reference that went over my head?
Old 02-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #135
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yea I just went and watched the trailer, I really should catch up on Clone Wars before this season ends, that's a tall task though with the number of episodes each season has.

Who is this Old Master? Are we supposed to know who that is? Is that another Clone Wars reference that went over my head?
the hooded figure in the trailer?

It looks like its Darth Maul who survived Phantom Menace (not my favorite part of the Clone Wars series)

You have to get to the end of TCW's to see what his fate is. But its one of the best action sequences in TCW.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #136
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Another great episode tonight called Shroud of Darkness, which starts answering some questions about Ezra.

There are spoilers here so I'll put up some spoiler tags

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-03-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #137
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I didn't get a chance to watch last nights episode yet but I'm about 3/4 of the way through Clone Wars season 1, what a great show. There was an opening scene where Anakin is coming to rescue another Jedi, just the way they set up the ship battle and the transition into the planets atmosphere, it was amazing. 5 stars Netflix, 5 stars!!! The Top Gun fanboi in me is just loving all the dog fighting. I must resist the urge to get into the X-Wings miniatures game... can't... afford... another ... money sink...
Old 03-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #138
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Things really start to pick up when you hit season 3, you really start to see what Palpatine was doing and how brilliant he was in manipulating things.

Some of my favorite episodes

Season 1 - The whole Malevolance arc was great

The Ryloth arc was good and you get to meet Hera's old man

Hostage Crisis because you get to see Cad Bane

Season 2

The first arc around the Jedi Holocron thefts including Children of the Jedi where Palpatine is trying to seize force sensitive children

The Desserter is a clone centric episode and really well done

The Madalore arc because you get a ton of Obi back story

Season 3

the whole season is pretty amazing.

But the Citadel arc and the Tandoshian arc to end the season were both awesome, and you really get to know Ahsoka

Season 4

The Umbara arc is incredibly dark and has no involvement from Obi and Anakin, this is a heavy clone episode and makes you understand why the Clones would be ok with Order 66 if they had a choice.

Massacre was a pretty sad ventress episode

Season 5

The Onderon rebellion arc was a heavy Ahsoka series and really well done, and also really sad in the end.

Shades or Reason and Lawless were the wrap up of the Satine and Mandalore story lines and very tragic. But at the end of Lawless you see how truly powerful and malignant Palpatine really is

the last four epsiodes of the season are all Ashoka based and really link to what we are seeing in Rebels .

Season 6

The first Clone arc where we drill into Order 66. We really truly see a manipulative Palpatine and we see how brilliant he was.

the Rise of Clovis, and Crisis at heart. We see Anakin's real flaws that lead to his downfall.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #139
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Latest episode was really good. I wonder what Ashoka has up hear sleeve. I mean given the timeline it's bound to fail but she may at least set the course for Vaders eventual turn.

It'll be a good watch when Ezra finally succumbs to the dark side. We'll get to see the heartbreak all over again when Student turns on the teacher.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #140
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that Ahsoka is the trigger to Ezra.