Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
What a ridiculous post. Putting aside the question of the children's biological paternity (we have no idea), how do you know if he sat his kids down and told them about their biological parents? You're calling him a bad father and a liar, because you personally haven't been told the facts. Furthermore, you're accusing every adoptive parent of being bad parents and liars if they don't make the truth known to their children. Or at least if they don't make the truth known to you.
I'm not accusing every adoptive parent of being bad parents. However, when an issue is in the public, the way this issue is, it becomes an entirely different matter.

No, it's not fair. There are a lot of things that aren't fair about being a celebrity though. These seems particularly unfair, as she is a celebrity not by choice.

And as far as what she's been told, you're right, I don't know for sure. However, the information made available to me is that the Jackson's have gone to great lengths to protect the indentity of the true father in order to keep the child's inheritance within the family. Similarly, MJ came to a deal with Paris's biological mother, Debbie Rowe, to give MJ total custody rights for 8 million dollars.

This is not your typical case of adoption. There's hundreds of millions on the line, and financial considerations seem to be taking over.

Edit: Also, there are going to be issues here as it's quite clear that Paris is not half black. She, unlike other adoptive parents, will konw that her family is lying to her and concealing the truth.

Last edited by blankall; 06-07-2013 at 01:03 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
That's further victimizing the victim though, isn't it? Taking something away from them that they've (likely) done nothing to deserve having it taken away.

It's probably the first thing I would do if I were in the same situation (removing myself from all social media), but you don't take a kid out of school for bullying, you make them keep going.

Also makes me wonder, similar to the old tree falling in the forest...if the bullying victim ceases interaction with their social media pages, and the bully still keeps at it, is it still bullying if the victim isn't directly receiving the messages?
There's always Tumblr. If your neighborhood has semi-daily drive by shootings, while you may not have done anything to warrant such behavior, it still behooves you to pack your things and GTFO.