Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #1021
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
On top of how bad that episode was, carol and rosita are becoming incredibly annoying/unlikable.
At least Rosita is hot.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #1022
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
On top of how bad that episode was, carol and rosita are becoming incredibly annoying/unlikable.
Just Rosita. Carol can do no wrong.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #1023
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I do get the impression that when Carol realizes exactly what is going on and the damage and devastation that has resulted shes....

Well, I think shes just going to burn everything to the ground.

Carol vs. Negan? I love JDM and all but my money is on Carol.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #1024
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I thought the Carol parts were actually pretty great. I really like how Daryl lied to Carol about everyone being safe in order to protect her.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #1025
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I thought the Carol parts were actually pretty great. I really like how Daryl lied to Carol about everyone being safe in order to protect her.
I loved that sequence as well as the conversation between Darryl and Morgan after about what would happen if she really knew. Like they had to be responsible about unleashing some demonic monster only when they absolutely needed to.

Also, when Darryl saw Carol again for the first time in forever....well I'm pretty sure that someone was cutting onions in the room with me.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #1026
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

My only real gripe with the episode was the basically the entire middle...the parts with Carol, Richard, and the Kingdom were all great. I liked Gabriel's character progression. I even liked aspects of the other group. Their policy of stalking others and taking from them, as opposed to gathering was interesting.

The collective idea is fine too. It's just the whole speech thing was absurd. The dumb gladiator combat was ridiculous. Them being armed with clubs and kitchen tools was stupid.

They literally ruined the whole episode with that 10-15 minutes of ridiculousness.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #1027
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am clearly in the minority but I just don't like the Carol character.

I would be happy to see her die in a sacrifice that helps Rick et al.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #1028
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am clearly in the minority but I just don't like the Carol character.

I would be happy to see her die in a sacrifice that helps Rick et al.
Really? I love it.

Shes the Wild Card.

She has a Moral Code, but she doesnt enjoy killing. One of my favourite scenes was the one after she left Alexandria and runs into the truck full of saviours and slaughters them all.

Thats Carol.

She doesnt want to hurt anyone.

But she will destroy everyone if she feels that she has to.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #1029
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Really? I love it.

Shes the Wild Card.

She has a Moral Code, but she doesnt enjoy killing. One of my favourite scenes was the one after she left Alexandria and runs into the truck full of saviours and slaughters them all.

Thats Carol.

She doesnt want to hurt anyone.

But she will destroy everyone if she feels that she has to.
My favourite scene of hers was destroying Terminus.
She has probably had the biggest character arc,from abused housewife to grieving mother and now. I guess it doesn't hurt she has been on since the start.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #1030
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way the scene was written, I think Carol knows that there have been some casualties but needed to hear that there were none. It validates her current position and lets her continue living until she heals mentally/emotionally.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #1031
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I hated that. You knew right away when she asked that he was going to lie to her, and what the hell for? For the sake of her feelings? Because it'd hurt her? You're willing to let people suffer and die for that? Then he goes back and gives a whole speech to Morgan about how the stakes are too high and he needs to wake up.

They're up against a dude who kills people for the sake of instilling fear in tributaries - which Daryl knows as well as anyone - and this is a scenario in which he's willing to compromise? What a slap in the face to Glenn, not to mention Maggie. Negan murdered him in front of his pregnant wife, and here's someone who can help avenge him and stop this from continuing. Who would want to do so if she knew. It's ridiculous that he wouldn't tell her.

To hell with her agency, by the way; "I'm going to withhold this information from you and make the decision for you". Yeah, super noble there. What a dick.

And yeah the black robe black boot junkyard cult that speak in riddles reminded me of the South Park episode where they get all their parents arrested on fake accusations of child molestation and within two days the whole place turns into some post-apocalyptic cult.

It was ridiculous to the point of laughable... Some weird concept dreamed up late at night in a writing room under the influence of chemicals of some sort, I assume. At least Ezekiel had a fairly interesting backstory and self-justification behind his particular odd demeanor even though I can't help but think every time I see that tiger that he must be eating basically all of their supplies.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #1032
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Ugh, first Ezekiel and his stupid tiger, now these junk yard meth addicts. Really lame and disappointing.
Then quit watching. It's really that simple, if you don't enjoy it, turn it off and stop complaining.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #1033
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I hated that. You knew right away when she asked that he was going to lie to her, and what the hell for? For the sake of her feelings? Because it'd hurt her? You're willing to let people suffer and die for that? Then he goes back and gives a whole speech to Morgan about how the stakes are too high and he needs to wake up.

They're up against a dude who kills people for the sake of instilling fear in tributaries - which Daryl knows as well as anyone - and this is a scenario in which he's willing to compromise? What a slap in the face to Glenn, not to mention Maggie. Negan murdered him in front of his pregnant wife, and here's someone who can help avenge him and stop this from continuing. Who would want to do so if she knew. It's ridiculous that he wouldn't tell her.

To hell with her agency, by the way; "I'm going to withhold this information from you and make the decision for you". Yeah, super noble there. What a dick.

And yeah the black robe black boot junkyard cult that speak in riddles reminded me of the South Park episode where they get all their parents arrested on fake accusations of child molestation and within two days the whole place turns into some post-apocalyptic cult.

It was ridiculous to the point of laughable... Some weird concept dreamed up late at night in a writing room under the influence of chemicals of some sort, I assume. At least Ezekiel had a fairly interesting backstory and self-justification behind his particular odd demeanor even though I can't help but think every time I see that tiger that he must be eating basically all of their supplies.
I agree with every syllable in this post.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #1034
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

There have been some terrible wigs/hairstyles on this show, but that ringleader lady's 'do was something else
V
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #1035
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can the Mods get rid of the poll?
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #1036
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
Can the Mods get rid of the poll?
I wanted to say the same thing.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #1037
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Melissa McBride continues to put on an acting clinic in every appearance. Even with the mediocre material to work with.

One of the (very) few that do so on TWD. Also her character is a badass and so deceptive and I'd hate to see her go. I also think her being a recluse is getting a little old now. She's sure shown up a lot for someone that isn't really in the game at all and has no visible intention of being so. And yet the tantalizing idea of her entering the fold is fun to have there on the side.

Would be entertaining for her to meet the new big bad, then subsequently make his skin crawl.

Last edited by djsFlames; 02-21-2017 at 04:55 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 05:11 AM   #1038
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I disliked that episode so much that I just deleted Talking Dead without watching it.
Yeah.. I just don't put TD on record to begin with.

Tbqh the Walking Dead is entertaining, but certainly not a good enough show to warrant it's own follow up talk session every week imo.

Comes off as quite pretentious, and I'm surprised people actually sit down frequently to watch Hardwick gawk and overreact to everything while getting peppered from the network with ample commercial breaks.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 06:53 AM   #1039
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it wasn't that he killed a bunch of her acquaintances and took Daryl down Easy Street, Carol and Negan would probably get along famously. I think she could respect his leadership if it hasn't negatively affected her.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #1040
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disagree with that. Carol only does bad stuff if she absolutely has to to protect her friends. Negan DGAF about friends.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote