Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #4061
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tormunds story was awesome, I had to listen to it twice it was so good.

I think the Hound had another good one, but I forget that one now.. will go back and watch.

Great episode all around, like others have said it was especially good for what you could consider a "filler" episode but the story development was on point. Chalk me up for the group that thinks we'll see a lot of "big" characters die, I've got a feeling we wont see Jon or Dany on the throne as both die for the cause. (pure speculation)
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #4062
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing episode, maybe one of my all time favorites.
Sets up next week so well, with so much emotion & tension.
I don't even know what to do with my week, I just want it to be Sunday already.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #4063
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I was the only one who though Arya was 14 or so? When that scene started I was like wtf... Apparently Arya is 18 on the show. Maisie Williams is actually 22.
Don't know the rules and regulations on this, obviously an actor has to be 18+ to appear nude but does the character have to be? Arya could still be 15-17 on the show and do that scene.

The CGI torso and nipple removal was pretty obvious regardless.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #4064
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
Really liked the episode. No Night King with the walkers there: still think he may be going south to King’s Landing.

With so many character arcs coming to a close, it really does seem as if there will be numerous deaths next episode. Could be anyone.
Hmm. I assumed night king was on ice dragon and not yet shown
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #4065
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My guess is the Night King has split up his forces and only some are outside of Winterfell. I'm thinking Winterfell might barely win this battle but King's Landing or somewhere else is SOL for the moment.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #4066
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The mention of 'The Crypts are the safest place' was made 6 times in the episode.....and what do they keep in crypts? Dead bodies? And what does the Night King re-animate? Dead bodies.

Hmm....Seems like some blatant foreshadowing....
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Incogneto For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #4067
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who will not die, next episode:
Hound
Tyrion
Jon
Daeny

Who will die:
Dondarion
Jorah Mormont
Sir Briene
Tormund (I weep)
Pod
Theon

Who might die:
All others
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #4068
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also, where is Melisandra at the moment....? Last seen on DragonStone, but you'd have to think she might be some help in a battle Vs. the powers of ice.
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #4069
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
hahaha.
Jon drops the bomb on her and she was more worried about him getting the iron throne than the fact she has been effing her nephew.
I don't think Targaryens really care about incest. Their whole royal house was founded by a guy married to two of his sisters and have a history of marrying their siblings. I believe Dany's own father and mother were brother and sister.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #4070
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneto View Post
Also, where is Melisandre at the moment....? Last seen on DragonStone, but you'd have to think she might be some help in a battle Vs. the powers of ice.
She left Westeros to return to Old Volantis. She will likely return at some point this season because before she left, she told Varys she would one day return to Westeros because it was where she is going to die.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #4071
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moments like the fireside chat remind you that this is the show that was able to introduce you to a character for 15 minutes and still have her death be one of the most heart wrenching in the show's history.

RIP Karsi.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #4072
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The mention of 'The Crypts are the safest place' was made 6 times in the episode.....and what do they keep in crypts? Dead bodies? And what does the Night King re-animate? Dead bodies.

I was thinking that too- are they surrounded in dragon glass?
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #4073
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

They can simply apparate out of the crypts safely to Hogwarts.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #4074
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Maybe seven years are supposed to have passed in the series? I figured two or three years had passed.
It's been more than two or three. I think even Sansa says here age a couple times but the War of the Five Kings lasted that long.

Young Sam is probably the best way to measure, assuming they are consistent with him.

Gilly's introduced in Season 2. She's not super pregnant but pregnant. Gives birth in Season 3, probably about 2 years after the start of the show.

Spoiler for size, but here he is in the latest episode.
Spoiler!
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #4075
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

The entire series they've been hinting at some kind of special magic in Winterfell, with the crypts having special significance. The Night King seems to be targeting Winterfell specifically too.

The corpses in Winterfell are also entombed and sealed. Presumably they can't break out easily.

I don't think it will be as simple as the Night King raises zombies to attack people from the crypt. Something much bigger, that will probably be used against the Night King will happen.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #4076
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The entire series they've been hinting at some kind of special magic in Winterfell, with the crypts having special significance. The Night King seems to be targeting Winterfell specifically too.

The corpses in Winterfell are also entombed and sealed. Presumably they can't break out easily.

I don't think it will be as simple as the Night King raises zombies to attack people from the crypt. Something much bigger, that will probably be used against the Night King will happen.
His magic probably only half works there, he can raise the dead, but not Turn them. Resurrected immortal Ned Stark to the rescue *Nod*
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:54 PM   #4077
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seemed like that episode was getting all the fan service out of the way. We had Dany make a reference to Drogo, Bran quoting Jamie from episode 1, a bunch of reunions of long separated characters, Jorah getting a sword, Davos being reminded of Shireen, Tormund hitting on Brienne, Brienne being knighted, and Arya hooking up with Gendry.

Also can they be any less subtle in making Dany the bad guy? Too funny how she was interrupted during both awkward conversations with Sansa and Jon.

I can’t wait for next week! After this set up I’m fully expecting a few of our favourite heros to die.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #4078
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
It seemed like that episode was getting all the fan service out of the way. We had Dany make a reference to Drogo, Bran quoting Jamie from episode 1, a bunch of reunions of long separated characters, Jorah getting a sword, Davos being reminded of Shireen, Tormund hitting on Brienne, Brienne being knighted, and Arya hooking up with Gendry.

Also can they be any less subtle in making Dany the bad guy? Too funny how she was interrupted during both awkward conversations with Sansa and Jon.

I can’t wait for next week! After this set up I’m fully expecting a few of our favourite heros to die.
Oh sweet Summer Child....

George Lucas was seen on set.

Next week all of Westeros is going to die and the Night King will sit on the Iron Throne.

After that all of the final episodes will be discussing the rate of grain tariffs between Kingdoms, the legislated maximum legal weight-load of gold carts and the total allowed working hours for horses.

Then they're really going to have a deep dive into the statistics on Global Warming in Westeros because if theres one thing the White Walkers wont tolerate it is warming and then there will be a thorough round-table discussion regarding the socio-economic consequences of the existence of Dragons.

All this interspersed with comedic but insensitive stereotypes of a racial group.

Book it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #4079
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I didn't pay attention in the earlier episodes, but I did not see Arya boffing Gendry coming.

I don't know the toll next week is going to take, but the payoffs I still want to see are:

Hound vs. The Mountain
Jaime killing Cersei
Euron's demise in some fashion
Bromm settling on some sort of morality

That all might be too pristine for this show, and I would actually just settle on the first 2.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #4080
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m nervous about Sunday’s episode.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post: