Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #3541
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
GoT on twitter just shared this picture...why would this be bonus content on social media? Why wouldn't we see or hear Sansa receive this scroll in the actual episode?

I like that Jon is so formal with his siblings and never about the small talk.

"So hey, sorry I'm awful at keeping in touch. I sort of have a new lady crush and am getting little Jon some, now that I'm free of my vows. This King title sure is coming in handy. Not much is new. I've been mining some nice, clean glass, and going on dangerous missions trying to get myself killed again, the usual. But we stole a wight from the NK's army! Lmao! How bad ass is that? I'll send selfies with the next raven. The weather down here is nice, I don't have to freeze my buns off when brooding from the hills or clifftops. How's Ghost? How's three-eyed Bran? How's Arya? Did you slice Little Finger's throat yet? That dude need to go, sista."

Last edited by djsFlames; 08-30-2017 at 09:29 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #3542
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumy View Post
I wonder if the Night King is a Targaryen if he is able to ride the ice dragon?
Assuming that he's the first of the White Walkers that we saw turned and are certainly lead to believe, no. Targaryens would have just been a minor house in Valyria at that point if they existed at all, and no reason to speculate that some branch of it had made its way to Westeros. The Night King is suppose to be a First Man. Far more likely he's a Stark than a Targaryen.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #3543
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
This King title sure is coming in handy.
Except he's denouncing that title in the letter. He called Daenerys the rightful queen and he signed it Jon Snow - Warden of the North. Not King in the North.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #3544
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #3545
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Can someone explain to me why Dany/Jon are trying to hard to have a momentary truce with the Lannister crown when they couldve:

-Have everyone in Winterfell and the north fall back down south
-Dany's two armies and dragons take King's Landing and take the throne with ease
-Influence the Dornish army to join the alliance
-Attack the WW army somewhere in the middle
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:15 AM   #3546
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Can someone explain to me why Dany/Jon are trying to hard to have a momentary truce with the Lannister crown when they couldve:

-Have everyone in Winterfell and the north fall back down south
-Dany's two armies and dragons take King's Landing and take the throne with ease
-Influence the Dornish army to join the alliance
-Attack the WW army somewhere in the middle
-You want them to move every man, woman in child in the North south? What does that do?
-They already explained this, her intent isn't to "rule the ashes" if they burn kings landing to the ground she is no better than the mad king
-Pretty sure the Dornish army sank when Euron attacked the fleet
-The WW army JUST broke through the wall, they haven't faced each other yet. We have no idea what their plan of attack is.

They want a truce because they don't want to be attacked from the North and the South, and the need the extra men the Lannister army has.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:13 AM   #3547
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

They hold strategic locations being Casterly Rock, and Dragonstone. They dont want Cersei taking them back when they go up north.
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:30 AM   #3548
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Why didn't Dany just roast all of her enemies conveniently sitting in a row with no other innocent by standers anywhere near?

She could have assassinated Cersei within 15 seconds and walked over to the Red Keep and sit in the throne in time for tea.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #3549
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Why didn't Dany just roast all of her enemies conveniently sitting in a row with no other innocent by standers anywhere near?

She could have assassinated Cersei within 15 seconds and walked over to the Red Keep and sit in the throne in time for tea.
Because it has been explicitly mentioned several times that she doesnt want to do this because she'd just be 'more of the same.'

Are you even watching the show? I'd have thought you'd be paying more attention considering how much you complain.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #3550
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Jon doesn't make it out alive in that scenario.

Though they didn't break bread before having the meeting so there weren't the Karmic issues of the Red wedding.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:02 AM   #3551
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Seems dumb on Cercei's part to just walk into a death tap like that. What assurances did she have that Dany's dragons would just kill everyone? That would have been the highly rational thing to do.

Locke: Dany will only take the iron throne so long as she doesn't have to kill her enemies? What does killing Cersei have to do with being "more of the same" your point is ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #3552
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Because then all the Lannister snipers would have wasted Tyrion, Jon Snow and the rest.

you know that this is a TV show right?
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #3553
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Seems dumb on Cercei's part to just walk into a death tap like that. What assurances did she have that Dany's dragons would just kill everyone? That would have been the highly rational thing to do.

Locke: Dany will only take the iron throne so long as she doesn't have to kill her enemies? What does killing Cersei have to do with being "more of the same" your point is ridiculous.
Lets be realistic as it's a show after all. If every action/drama show or movie played out like real life they all would be ended the moment a hero is caught because they would be immediately executed rather than tossed in a cell or tied up in a chair where the good guy always escapes to turn the tables at the end. This isn't like today's military where they have 24 hour radar surveillance that could pick up a dragon incoming and put up the defences. Dany could fly in out of nowhere and have her dragons burn the castle down with Cercei in it at any time and in a real life scenario that's probably what she does but it doesn't make for compelling TV to have the conflict ended swiftly.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-31-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 AM   #3554
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sure, but they could have written it better so that there were stakes to the meeting so that either side had an incentive to not kill each other without repercussions.

Anyway, just seemed glaringly unreal to me. Here's all of her enemies in one place and here's me and my dragon...

And it's not like Dany's above assassinating people with her dragon. Just a couple episodes ago she killed the Tarlys without having any ethical issues about it. How was that situation fundamentally different?

Last edited by Tinordi; 08-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:49 AM   #3555
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

if Dany doesn't roast Cersei and immediately sit on the throne in the book, will you be angry?
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #3556
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
if Dany doesn't roast Cersei and immediately sit on the throne in the book, will you be angry?
I thought there was no book talk in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
V
Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #3557
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, but they could have written it better so that there were stakes to the meeting so that either side had an incentive to not kill each other without repercussions.

Anyway, just seemed glaringly unreal to me. Here's all of her enemies in one place and here's me and my dragon...

And it's not like Dany's above assassinating people with her dragon. Just a couple episodes ago she killed the Tarlys with having any ethical issues about it. How was that situation fundamentally different?
They weren't getting out alive if they roasted Cersai. Maybe Dany does but the rest of the Posse was done. The Dragons were the assurance and Dany/Jon weren't getting sniped.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:54 AM   #3558
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Tinordi, do you even watch and understand the show?

The entire point of the meeting for Dany/Jon and company was........... To get assistance in killing/fighting the WWers.

I am sure roasting Cersei, Jamie and company would of helped that cause tremendously.
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #3559
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dany is just waiting for climate change to kill Cersei off. Don't worry Tinordi it will happen soon enough.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #3560
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You realize the show is broadly about climate change right?