Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #41
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I would almost agree with the 'better than Ultron' tag, if the JL dialogue wasn't so wooden.

I'm also starting to think that the distancing that Affleck has been doing with WB, looks pretty good on Affleck. He has worked on solid scripts and knows how to put together a good movie himself as a director. The way WB played with JL must leave him horrified.

He definitely wasn't his normal self during the promotion of the movie. He's always been one of the funniest guys in any panel. Wasn't for this.
Hrmm interesting, I hadn't noticed this, I will have to pay closer attention. I could see anyone getting upset with any level of meddling though, it would be super frustrating to have people messing with your 'vision'. I do hope Whedon has a bigger role in the DCU moving forward though.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #42
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I would almost agree with the 'better than Ultron' tag, if the JL dialogue wasn't so wooden.

I'm also starting to think that the distancing that Affleck has been doing with WB, looks pretty good on Affleck. He has worked on solid scripts and knows how to put together a good movie himself as a director. The way WB played with JL must leave him horrified.

He definitely wasn't his normal self during the promotion of the movie. He's always been one of the funniest guys in any panel. Wasn't for this.
Affleck is also one of the stars being called out in the Hollywood harrassement scandal. That most undoubtedly affects his mood:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/12/call...legations.html
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #43
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went and saw this last night

I expected hot garbage, and while there were plenty of campy and cheesy moments, I was pleasantly surprised, and fully entertained.

I thought all the characters were well cast, and well acted.

Steppenwolf i didn't like. They should have chosen another more 'mainstream' villain, or something of a more relatable world ending circumstance. Everytime he talked about 'The Unity', i rolled me eyes.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #44
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally got around to seeing Justice League and if I had to use one word to describe I would say "average". The pacing was much improved from other DC films and the bringing together of the league was done well. I also enjoyed some of the more light hearted elements which were obviously added by Whedon however it did seem like an MCU rip off at times and created an odd contrast with the darker Snyder parts.

As far as the characters go, I enjoyed this take on Superman and I don't mind the angry old Batman. I also like the Gadot Wonder Woman but felt like she didn't have much to do here and the comments on her looks and close ups of her body slightly crossed the line into creepy. I enjoyed how she underwent some character development though and how she was called out for not using her powers to help (come on Diana, what the hell were you doing in WWII?). I didn't mind Flash and Cyborg and thought we got enough info about their characters. I did feel at times like the Flash was only there for humour and Cyborg was only there to spew exposition though. The one character I really really disliked was Aquaman and felt he would have benefited from a solo film prior to this one. The scene where he chugged the liquor was sooooo cheesy and I cringed during a couple of his one liners. I also completely checked out and didn't care about the scene in Atlantis.

The worst part of the movie was by far the villain. He looked silly, his dialog was silly, and his plan was silly. I also found the ending battle with him to be very predictable and anti climatic. The best part of the movie was the League battling Superman and I wish they have just scrapped Steppenwolf all together and focused on this.

Overall 5/10. Average. I'm happy to have paid $7 to rent this one but would have been upset if we had dropped $50 at the cinema.