Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #201
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

An amazing episode because we have hit so many tipping points at once, and Gordon has literally become a background character. they could literally run shows without him and nobody would really miss him.

Spoiler!

Amazing show, I admit I was pissed when they killed off Jarome so casually, but now I have to wonder, if he ended up in the basement too.

and

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #202
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wow that was a good episode. I am loving the Riddler's character develop!!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #203
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

poor guy gets killed by stiletto high heel, that was gruesome.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:53 AM   #204
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another great episode IMO. I like that Gordon is going to take more of a lead role in things now. I'm really starting to hate Theo's sister more and more every time she's on the screen, not because of her acting or anything but just because she's evil.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #205
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny because part of me thinks that they rushed the reveal of Theo's intent to Gordon too quickly, and put them on opposite sides too quickly, but I assume that Gordon is going to be under constant threat and he and his chief are going to end up on opposite sides of the moral equation.

the actress playing Theo's system is doing an exceptional job. While I think its a stretch, I look at her and Barbara as the opposite halves of a twisted yin and yang symbol

Barbara is the irrational dark half that just wants to be chaos personified, she's clearly insane and wants to lash out at everything that she feels has wronged her no matter what the cost. With Theo's sister, she's the white side of insanity, we know she's crazy but she is more rational, she sees her actions as both rational and planned, and at the same time it brings her intense pleasure in everything that they do.

When you combine her and Barbara you get one full on complete psycho circle where everything is planned, and there's a end game to everything, but at the same time both have a simple end goal in terms of gaining pleasure from the action.

I don't know if the appearance differences was intentional in casting, but everything, the way they both dress, skin color mannerisms leads to that whole circle of crazy.

One won't be able to succeed without the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #206
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm really liking this season, these last couple of episodes have been on point! 🏻
Old 04-25-2019, 09:17 PM   #207
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well the series came to an end tonight, with an interesting idea. The world leapt forward 10 years with the return of Bruce Wayne to Gotham after leaving in the last episode.

I liked the episode in that we never saw Bruce Wayne, but we saw Batman in the shadows. We saw Oswald as the Penguin and the Riddler as the Ridder. We also got the return of the joker who had been in a fake coma for 10 years. We also saw Selina Kyle 10 years later. Out of the whole original cast they didn't use Camren Bicondova who had been good as a young Selina Kyle, replacing her with a Lili Simmons who looks much older.

It was interesting to see the Joker's whole idea of waiting for Bruce Wayne to come back to town was because he was crushed that something that he couldn't live without had left.

Oswald and Riddler were a bit of a comedy duo.

Overall I grew to really like this series as it put its own spin on the batman legend, and Cameron Monaghan played multiple different versions of the joker with malicious humor.

The only loop that they didn't close was that Gordon was still married to Lee instead of Barbara Gordon.

We didn't see much of Batman in action, but he loomed large in the episode and we saw him fully in the last 10 seconds of the episode.

They ran a teaser for a series around Alfred and Thomas Wayne coming this summer.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #208
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they would have made the finale 2 hours. It seemed like they rushed it too much.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #209
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I watched the first two seasons and enjoyed it but stopped watching. Then my son asked to watch it and he binged the entire thing before this season started. I caught up and we watched the final season together.

We thought the last episode was terrible.

The payoff definitely wasn't there. It was similar to Smallville in that you see the hero in costume for couple seconds at the end. Hell, Smallville had you wait 10 years to see Superman.

Penguin and Riddler were great but they have been all series.

I think they could have done a little more fan service with the finale. I'm also probably projecting a bit because my son was really annoyed and it was his favourite series.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #210
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got to watch the last two episodes tonight.

I was kinda disappointed with the finale too. The 2nd last episode was essentially the true finale to the series and the last episode was kind of like an epilogue.

Was that even David Mazouz in the batsuit?

As for it being rushed. Wasn't the entire series a great big rush? It could have easily been 10 seasons with all the content they got through.

So was the last episode a let down? Yes and no. There was a different feel to the pace. It didn't really have the meat and potatoes that a normal episode had. Like I said it was just filler to reintroduce some main players 10 years later and setup the story as we know it. Then reveal Batman.

I would have liked more but I'm content enough. This series wasn't really about Batman it was about how we got to Batman.

I'm not sure you can do a decent TV series centered around Batman properly. This was good and it was a decent backfill story. I really enjoyed all 5 seasons.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
baaaaaaaaaaaaane! , batman , gotham