Any more Richards that want to come out woodwork and join the list
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #8742
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Surprised Harry wasn’t 3rd on the list to join every Tom and Dick voting for Trump.
Underrated post.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:09 AM   #8743
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1322981523608449024
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #8744
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
No Good: bizkitgto, JR449

Any more Richards that want to come out woodwork and join the list
What I have learned from this thread is Biden is a Saint, and he's exempt from criticism. Anyone who dare questions him or his supporters will be labelled a nazi-Trump supporter (even if they hate Trump).

The air of smugness and self-righteousness hanging over this thread is the primary reason why Trump won in 2016.

Last edited by bizkitgto; 11-02-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: edit
The Following User Says Thank You to bizkitgto For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 11:16 AM   #8745
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What I have learned from this thread is Biden is a Saint, and he's exempt from criticism. Anyone who dare questions him or his supporters will be labelled a nazi-Trump supporter (even if they hate Trump).

The air of smugness and self-righteousness hanging over this thread is the primary reason why Trump won in 2016.
Incorrect. You haven't learned anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #8746
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Old 11-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #8747
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Canadians on CP are not the reason Trump won an election with 3M less votes
Old 11-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #8748
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:

What are you on about now?

You've been arguing with yourself for days.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #8749
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hypothetically...

Trump squeezes in an Electoral College victory but loses the popular vote. Democrats keep the House and take the Senate. When would the impeachment proceedings begin?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #8750
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:

Well then you've taken the wrong lesson.

This thread very much understands that the US Presidential election is a between two people, Joe Biden and Donald Trump. One of those two people will be elected tomorrow.

You can support either candidate. You're either Pro-Trump or Pro-Biden.

If you argue against one of the candidates, you're supporting the other. It's a zero sum game.

Rightly or wrongly, it's designed that way.

During the World Series if you talked about how much you hate the Rays and how much Tampa sucks, you, by definition, were supporting the Dodgers. You don't need to scream "Let's Go LA" as stating "Rays Sucks" does the same thing.

No one in this thread has stated Biden is a saint. Biden himself admits to such.

However, in a campaign between Biden and Trump, if you argue against Biden you are supporting Trump.

You are correct in the sense that's what happened in 2016. Only it wasn't that "Trump supporters are deplorable" it was "Hillary sucks" and the anti-Hillary sentiment that took over the election caused Trump to win by the slimmest of margins. There was enough hatred for Hillary that a block of voters stayed home, and another voted third party, so when she was elected President they could say "well I didn't vote for her".

The posters here aren't going to let that same thing happen again.

Now that I've explained it for the rest that are reading, you may return to underneath your bridge good sir.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #8751
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-loblaw View Post
Hypothetically...

Trump squeezes in an Electoral College victory but loses the popular vote. Democrats keep the House and take the Senate. When would the impeachment proceedings begin?
It wouldn't matter, as they'd need 2/3 of the Senate which isn't going to happen tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #8752
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I'm pretty sure Canadians on CP are not the reason Trump won an election with 3M less votes
I dunno man, I didn't vote for Hillary, did you?

Maybe, we're the problem!

Old 11-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #8753
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
It wouldn't matter, as they'd need 2/3 of the Senate which isn't going to happen tomorrow.
My apologies as I thought a lower threshold of votes were needed.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #8754
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I dunno man, I didn't vote for Hillary, did you?
I sure did!

... Uh oh. Did I just help the Republicans claim voter fraud and overturn the results on tuesday? Dang. CP just can't help undermining the Democrats at every turn, can we.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #8755
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Imagine being someone that believes garbage like this. They exist, and they’re out there, somewhere.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1323319408530513922
Old 11-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #8756
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Then you haven't learned anything at all, and you haven't even tried.

Biden has been criticized repeatedly. Where were you during the primaries? Where were you at any point before the last week? Biden criticisms based on things you yourself have said "might be nothing" aren't being celebrated days before the election? Wow, how weird.

You're Canadian aren't you? Calgarian? Maybe hit Palm Springs on vacation once in a while? Good for you. But excuse me for being blunt because as someone who actually has a stake in the US election, what the actual #### do you know about it? This kind of goes for everyone who thinks they really know what the US is like, sitting around in Calgary, or Winnipeg, or Vancouver, or whatever, because they read it on the news or they watch youtube, but especially people like you who have it all figured out. What do you actually know? Because I've read every one of your posts, and you come across as someone who doesn't know anything.

Anyone with half a lick of sense to them can tell you that a thread full of Canadians, who are significantly more Liberal and "left" than Americans on almost every level, is not representative of why Trump won in 2016. What an ignorant comment. If you're American (which I doubt, and if you are, I know exactly what your deal is), I'd go as far to say you better represent the reason he won, because too many Americans willfully believe in half baked bull#### that makes them think they're smarter than everyone else, that they don't need to put in the work to get educated about something, that random videos or articles support their stupid conclusions. And that's not a left/right thing, that's a whole loaf thing.

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but please tell me what you actually know as some run of the mill Canadian O&G bro. Go ahead, because it's better than this nonsense from someone who is an outright troll, or is just too ignorant to realise why his long line of bull#### isn't being bought up by everyone else.

Yeah, admittedly thanks to American media absolutely dominating and being widely accessible, it's easy to know a lot and have a good understanding of what is actually going on. But acting like you know a lot and actually knowing it are two different things, and it's easy to spot. And you haven't come close to earning the right to call others smug or self-righteous.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #8757
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post

Ha! no need for that, he found his audience...

The Following User Says Thank You to bizkitgto For This Useful Post:
JR449
Old 11-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #8758
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Biden is a touchy hair-sniffing weirdo, and I've been saying as such since the Primaries.

Trump however, is as close to a literal monster relative to Western Politics as I've seen in my lifetime, #### your hyperbole concern-trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #8759
JR449
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Then you haven't learned anything at all, and you haven't even tried.
You been yelling hysterically with no points. Which is very rude onto itself.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Jbuwslgevsht/
Its easy to see that the Biden Family is corrupt. #DoTheResearch
Old 11-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #8760
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR449 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2heDhkIIIY

So the whole Russia Gate thing was a farce??
Seriously, how did you get through more than 1 minute into that? I don't even care about the content because he never got there instead he was just yelling "secret exclusive" a couple times while wondering if the article, that he brought up from the Washingtonpost, was a Washingtonpost article.

How do you even end up there? How big of a rabbit hole do you have to go down for youtube to start suggesting #### videos like that? And you can't tell by the clickbait that this guy might not be credible?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread