Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Status of STH renewals and relocation

Has anyone heard anything? Usually we're through both exercises by now. Given where the COVID situation is at and things seemingly opening up again, I'm a little surprised I haven't heard anything.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #2
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
Has anyone heard anything? Usually we're through both exercises by now. Given where the COVID situation is at and things seemingly opening up again, I'm a little surprised I haven't heard anything.
Relocation? The team isn't going anywhere.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:44 PM   #3
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post

Until the arena deal is sealed, that’s not a given.

But of course, he meant relocation of seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
My relocation. Within the Saddledome. LOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Southside For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Status of season tickets? Don't worry, we're likely in for a major drop off starting this off season. Probably the most significant we've seen since the young guns era.

It was a perfect storm of Oil industry, Flames sucking and Covid. The Flames fudge their announced attendance like most teams do, but this is the likely the first year we'll see half empty sections in the second bowl for lots of games.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:57 PM   #6
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I'm guessing we'll see 13-15k actual tickets bought for a lot of games. With 15800-16500 announced attendance due to "tickets distributed".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #7
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For me the latest contact (about 4½ weeks ago) regarding season tickets was a survey asking questions about issues such as

• Requiring fans to wear face masks
  • Health questionnaire / temperature screening prior to arena entry
  • Requiring proof of negative COVID-19 test
  • Requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination
  • Policies prohibiting bags in arenas
  • Reduced availability of food & beverage items
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homestand For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2021, 12:24 AM   #8
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I'm guessing we'll see 13-15k actual tickets bought for a lot of games. With 15800-16500 announced attendance due to "tickets distributed".
IDK I plan to go to more games than I have in a long time next season
Old 06-06-2021, 08:18 AM   #9
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
IDK I plan to go to more games than I have in a long time next season

I'm going to every Stamps and Flames game that I can get to. I've missed it greatly in the last 1.5 years.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #10
Voodooman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I predict the ST base will be somewhere down around 8-9,000. Notwithstanding the diehards on here, a lot of people have likely figured out they don’t miss it, or more appropriately, enjoy the extra cash that comes with not going to the games in person. And as jayswin mentioned, perfect storm of conspiring circumstances against season ticket sales.

I think we’ll see a lot of game pack promotions for this year.
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #11
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestand View Post
For me the latest contact (about 4½ weeks ago) regarding season tickets was a survey asking questions about issues such as

• Requiring fans to wear face masks
  • Health questionnaire / temperature screening prior to arena entry
  • Requiring proof of negative COVID-19 test
  • Requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination
  • Policies prohibiting bags in arenas
  • Reduced availability of food & beverage items
I dont recall a survey. I imagine we hear more before the summer months start.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #12
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
City is bigger than the young guns era, the team has more visibility (all the games weren't even on TV at that time), prices are still incredibly reasonable and the team isn't that bad.

Add in the just happy to get back in the building factor and they'll sell out nearly every game.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #13
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
I predict the ST base will be somewhere down around 8-9,000. Notwithstanding the diehards on here, a lot of people have likely figured out they don’t miss it, or more appropriately, enjoy the extra cash that comes with not going to the games in person. And as jayswin mentioned, perfect storm of conspiring circumstances against season ticket sales.

Not to mention how easy it is to find tickets on the cheap and not being forced to go to every game or sell your tickets at a loss cause there’s no secondary ticket market. Add on top what’s likely to be a terrible team. Ya it could be a struggle
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #14
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post

I think ST numbers will drop, but I have a feeling overall demand will be stronger than you think. Once we get to a point where people are comfortable sitting beside another person indoors for 2.5 hours, I think those people will be happy to spend some of "the extra cash" they've accumulated by doing something they haven't been able to do for the past year and a half.

It's also not like they've been able to spend that money on other live events, or things like travelling. Personal savings is at an all-time high -- and people are going to be looking to spend whether that's a trip, going out for dinners, or heading to the Dome.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #15
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reduced availability of food and beverage items sounds great to me. Perhaps one can spend the equivalent of a whole intermission plus a whole period in order to buy something now, rather than just the intermission and 2-5 minutes of a period.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:08 AM   #16
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, reduction in concessions is not a good idea.

it can't be easy for the flames to plan things for next season with some many unknowns.

I could not imagine going to a game at sitting there for two plus hours in a mask.

However, I would likely consider buying tickets for as many as 5 games next season - depending on the rules, but my purchase would likely be last minute, rather than a planned in advance thing
Old 06-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #17
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Flames are in a tough spot.

Depending on the status of COVID infections and reopening, many of their fans will not attend if there aren't safety measures in place. Proof of vaccinations, mandatory masks, reduced food/drink.

On the other hand, we have seen Calgary has a crazy high percentage of anti COVID people who will not attend if they feel they don't have full unimpeded "freedoms" and will not respond kindly to masks or proof of vaccinations.

I'd bet the organization is praying for a clear mandate from the province/city regarding safety, whether it is mandatory safety requirements or a complete lifting of restrictions, to help take responsibility out of their hands. Anything in between will be a disaster.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #18
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am splitting my tickets with 3 buddies next year as it is really hard making it to every game and was next to impossible to sell tickets with a few days notice for even my STH cost. I moved significantly further away from the Dome and recently got a new 85” TV so not sure if I am going to keep these tickets for long. I will definitely do next year and see what it is like going to roughly 10 games of the year.

There really are not many benefits to being a STH in this city. If you go on the ticket exchange forum you can get tickets to any game you want, and outside of a couple of special events I am not seeing the value that much anymore.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #19
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
Reduced availability of food and beverage items sounds great to me. Perhaps one can spend the equivalent of a whole intermission plus a whole period in order to buy something now, rather than just the intermission and 2-5 minutes of a period.
How hard would it be to implement a mobile pre order system? I think it would be awesome and much more efficient to be able to place an order 5 minutes before a period ends and to go pick it up during the intermission. I understand there will still be a line to pick up the order but it should be much quicker as the order should be already prepared and paid for.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2021, 12:30 PM   #20
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
How hard would it be to implement a mobile pre order system? I think it would be awesome and much more efficient to be able to place an order 5 minutes before a period ends and to go pick it up during the intermission. I understand there will still be a line to pick up the order but it should be much quicker as the order should be already prepared and paid for.
The Saddledome Live app has this built in I think. It still only shows options for delivery in the lower bowl, but the button also says Pick-up.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote