Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #2861
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
So who's the first Republican to say it was rigged? Elder? Trump?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1437982837043568640
Elder himself was already saying this in public before the vote even happened
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #2862
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

General Milley seems to have been one of the guys who went out of his way to try and keep the world safe and stable during Trump's final weeks based on everything that has come out in the last 24 hours.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #2863
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
General Milley seems to have been one of the guys who went out of his way to try and keep the world safe and stable during Trump's final weeks based on everything that has come out in the last 24 hours.
And to think, there's a decent chance that Trump runs in 2024 and wins. Modern civilization as we know it is probably done if that happens.
Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:04 PM   #2864
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
And to think, there's a decent chance that Trump runs in 2024 and wins. Modern civilization as we know it is probably done if that happens.
I thankfully dont think Trump can win, his 30% of deplorables and special need sociopaths will follow him to hell, but his presence means every single other voter goes the other way, and that its a high turnout, the last thing the GOP can beat is a high turnout
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #2865
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I thankfully dont think Trump can win, his 30% of deplorables and special need sociopaths will follow him to hell, but his presence means every single other voter goes the other way, and that its a high turnout, the last thing the GOP can beat is a high turnout
Well that's why you have every GOP state working overtime on district gerrymandering and disenfranchising minority voters. They're well aware that a Republican may never win another free presidential election again, so they're doing away with the free part
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #2866
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well that's why you have every GOP state working overtime on district gerrymandering and disenfranchising minority voters. They're well aware that a Republican may never win another free presidential election again, so they're doing away with the free part
the gerrymandering doesnt work for prez and senate races thankfully, which is why we haven't had a majority GOP president in about 2 decades
Old 09-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #2867
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
the gerrymandering doesnt work for prez and senate races thankfully, which is why we haven't had a majority GOP president in about 2 decades
Yes but it lets them keep the state senates which is where the real damage is being done. So many pundits keep talking about Texas turning purple with the high immigration numbers, but I don't see that happening with the new voting restrictions the GOP have been putting in place
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #2868
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not sure he could win either at this point. If anything the MAGA cult has been shrinking over the last couple of years, and now we have Covid killing off thousands of them every month it seems. Trump will still pretend that he might run for a while longer just to keep fleecing the rubes and filling his bank account, but in the end he'll probably end up on the sidelines as more of a GQP figurehead. The guy never wanted to be president to begin with. He'll be 78 in 2024 and far more senile and mentally unstable than he is now. I'm guessing he'd much rather spend his time golfing and living out his golden years like Jabba the Hutt while sitting on his throne at Mar-a-Lago.

The problem for Republicans is that the cultists and insurrectionists are still a big chunk of their base, and they need these nutjobs to get out and vote in massive numbers or they won't win squat. So I predict they'll end up running some other reprehensible MAGA-friendly piece of s*** like DeSantis, Abbott, or Gym Jordan.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #2869
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting takes. If the Republicans are able to take back the house in 2022, I'm actually convinced Trump will run and win in 2024 with a motivated voting base.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #2870
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yes but it lets them keep the state senates which is where the real damage is being done. So many pundits keep talking about Texas turning purple with the high immigration numbers, but I don't see that happening with the new voting restrictions the GOP have been putting in place
I'm really curious to see what happens with Texas and Florida as relatively purple states, given what their respective governors have done re: Covid, not to mention what Texas' attack on women's rights will do to get out the blue vote.

Obviously they both lean right, but if these GOP officials stay the course and enough Republican voters die from Covid, those reds could slide further into purple.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:51 PM   #2871
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

This is hilarious as the Newsmax host loses his cool and throws a temper tantrum as his guest tries to blame Trump.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1438503498690154497

Last edited by Dion; 09-16-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 06:21 AM   #2872
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Host: *must stick to the narrative, don't lose your cool*

Guest: "Uh, that narrative isn't quite accurate"

Host:

God, I can't believe anyone watches that and considers it "news".
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2021, 09:14 AM   #2873
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynickname View Post
I'm really curious to see what happens with Texas and Florida as relatively purple states, given what their respective governors have done re: Covid, not to mention what Texas' attack on women's rights will do to get out the blue vote.

Obviously they both lean right, but if these GOP officials stay the course and enough Republican voters die from Covid, those reds could slide further into purple.
But unfortunately, voters are being so disenfranchised and gerrymandering so common, that even if they can turn the tide for statewide races with pure numbers, the legislatures aren't going to change without a LOT more turnover. We've seen that in some of the upper Midwest states like Wisconsin and Michigan where dems have won statewide races and republicans sabotage the incoming administration.

Quote:
Republican Gov. Scott Walker signed a slate of bills — passed by Wisconsin’s GOP-controlled legislature — that will curb incoming Democrat governor-elect Tony Evers’s power in office, and potentially make it harder for Democrats to get elected in the future.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...grab-lame-duck

It is really nauseating how toxic the republican party is.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:45 PM   #2874
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

The look on Steve Bannon's face is priceless

https://twitter.com/user/status/1438895830073741325
Old 09-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #2875
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Meanwhile

zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 05:59 PM   #2876
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like a pretty pathetic turnout at today's MAGA/insurrection rally in DC.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...y-jan-6-512659

Quote:
A highly anticipated rally on behalf of the more than 600 people charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol Hill riot drew a modest crowd of a couple hundred demonstrators Saturday, with media and security personnel far outnumbering those seeking to air grievances on behalf of defendants they call “political prisoners.”

Quote:
The rally, organized by a former campaign aide to former President Donald Trump, began just after noon and lasted only about an hour. It featured a handful of speakers who addressed the group from a small stage.

Capitol Police reported a total of four arrests, including a man in the crowd with a knife and another who was carrying a gun. Two other people were arrested following a traffic stop near the Capitol. Police said they had pending arrest warrants from Texas, one for firearm possession and another for a probation violations.

But the event was relatively subdued, with minimal presence from counter-protesters. The clashes feared by law enforcement never materialized despite scattered shouting matches that immediately drew swarms of cameras. A few of the rally attendees donned the insignia of Three Percenters, a loosely affiliated militia group, several of whom were arrested for actions on Jan. 6.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:34 PM   #2877
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Looks like a pretty pathetic turnout at today's MAGA/insurrection rally in DC.
I hope the dozens of attendees from today’s rally made it safely back to their desks at the FBI.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:52 PM   #2878
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

I figured out a way to solve most of the problems in the US. I think it would work in Alberta too.

It goes like this:
You have to be vaccinated in order to vote.

Wouldn't that be nice? How is this a bad plan?

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #2879
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
I figured out a way to solve most of the problems in the US. I think it would work in Alberta too.

It goes like this:
You have to be vaccinated in order to vote.

Wouldn't that be nice? How is this a bad plan?
It's voter suppression. As much as I am annoyed/angry about anti-vaxxers, I would never even imagine that making a personal decision about their health (no matter how dumb) would deny them the right to vote.

Sorry, no, I believe in democracy, and all the messiness that comes with it. Let the majority decide what to do. Anti-vaxxers are not the majority, not even close to it, but they still deserve a vote and a voice for their perspective. Liberty and democracy are important principles that supersede everything else.

God...far too many extreme opinions about what people should be allowed to do based on their vaccination status. I'm starting to agree with Republicans about this. That's what you all have done to me. It's insane...scale it back a bit.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2021, 08:06 PM   #2880
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about you have to be vaccinated to vote in person, that way the twats have to choose between getting vaxed or using the Devils voting method "MAIL IN BALLOTS!!!!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: