Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2023, 03:15 PM   #16861
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
For years naturopathy has been the preview of left wing loonies. Have the right wing loonies taken over this space, or are they gathering together in a slobbery orgy of pseudo medical loonieness?
That’s what I was wondering about. This is one of the best examples of the political spectrum being a horseshoe (if not a circle), because the far right and far left are on the same position here.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:25 PM   #16862
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Isn't this what the strange woman who is the president of the Alberta Nurse Practitioner Assn does as well?

From Street Pharmacist:

"Had a young patient on bioidentical hormones for 3 years because the naturopath said her depression was because of "hormones imbalance". Total medication costs after 3 years was easily in the multiple thousands"

Our province is so f'd.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 03:49 PM   #16863
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
That’s what I was wondering about. This is one of the best examples of the political spectrum being a horseshoe (if not a circle), because the far right and far left are on the same position here.
Could also be just another example of a divisive concept(left/right spectrum) continuing to be very flawed.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 10:29 PM   #16864
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

Maybe it reflects the libertarian streak of the current government
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 11:17 PM   #16865
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
For years naturopathy has been the preview of left wing loonies. Have the right wing loonies taken over this space, or are they gathering together in a slobbery orgy of pseudo medical loonieness?
There's basically nothing classically right wing about the current UPC except for slashing taxes.

I want a right wing government that is about responsibility and entrenching status quo political structures. It wears a little thin watching a party light money on fire and talk about destroying the systems of governance we have relied on for the past 90 years, while calling themselves conservative.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2023, 12:56 AM   #16866
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Who the hell is even asking for this APP. Thats the part that pisses me off. I don’t know one person who thinks this is the pressing issue for Alberta. Who is walking around in their daily life saying to themselves - the CPP needs to be fixed because of xyz and we need to do it now. Nobody. Absolutely nobody is.

Meanwhile there are 30 kids in my son’s kindy class and a 5 hr wait at the foothills and an AHS re org that is going to drive ppl away from our medical system.

This government is making your daily life worse and they will continue to do this.

#ThanksDanielle
Half this message board voted for these evil morons, just remember that. They won't speak to anything that happens during the term even though they ****ing know, but they will absolutely speak to how horrible the NDP is at any opportunity (LIGHTBULBS, we're ****ing morons!!!!) . I hate this province so much these days. It's so awful what we've become.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2023, 12:58 AM   #16867
jayswin

Exp:

They'll read this thread and everything that is happening and they'll stay quiet but deep down they know. They know what they voted for because they have to vote conservative, they always will. There's no other option in their rigid, Alberta hearts. That's why any dumb, populist, anti Ottawa message resonates here.

Sorry for that.

Last edited by jayswin; 12-10-2023 at 01:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2023, 11:07 AM   #16868
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
They'll read this thread and everything that is happening and they'll stay quiet but deep down they know. They know what they voted for because they have to vote conservative, they always will. There's no other option in their rigid, Alberta hearts. That's why any dumb, populist, anti Ottawa message resonates here.

Sorry for that.

Doubtful. The NDP have over half the seats in Calgary. The people living here that are still willfully voting for the UCP aren't capable of developing enough self-awareness to recognize the impact of their decision.
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boogerz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2023, 09:32 PM   #16869
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely disgusting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1734066985791836277
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:39 PM   #16870
jayswin

Exp:

No good link, rube.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:01 PM   #16871
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
No good link, rube.
Yeah, dude deleted it. Oh well. Basically the point was that Alberta's approach to the fentanyl crisis is killing people.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:16 PM   #16872
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Breakdown

“During the radio show, Smith also defended naturopaths for their focus on nutrition, saying they “play a role” in the health-care system”

No.

They don’t.

And they shouldn’t.

#abpoli #ableg #cdnpoli

https://x.com/thebreakdownab/status/...499812112?s=61
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:50 AM   #16873
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So naturopaths are now taking over what nutritionists and dieticians do as well?

She really must be getting big naturopath donations
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2023, 08:05 AM   #16874
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dude, they are Shamans. They can cure anything. Stupid NDP wasted tax dollars on a new Cancer Centre when we could have saved a lot of money by setting up witch doctor schools instead.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:28 AM   #16875
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sister is a nurse, and I just found out yesterday she got a job in Cape Breton and is moving in the spring. Another one gone! Can probably just replace her with a naturopath though right Danielle?

And now with myself and my sister leaving Alberta, my mom (pharmacist) is starting to wonder why she should stay. Thinking of retiring a few years early and getting out of dodge too.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2023, 11:44 AM   #16876
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
My sister is a nurse, and I just found out yesterday she got a job in Cape Breton and is moving in the spring.
When Danielle reads news like this: SYNTAX ERROR. INVALID FUNCTION NUMBER. MEMORY CONTROL BLOCK DESTROYED.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM   #16877
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anything I'm just jealous she's going to Sydney and my jerk wife wants BC for us
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:32 PM   #16878
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Alberta Medical Association president warns of long waits, very sick kids at hospitals:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10160993/...tals-capacity/

Excerpt one:

Parks said he has communicated directly with Health Minister Adriana LaGrange to make her aware of the critical nature of the situation.

“She has reassured that senior levels of AHS (Alberta Health Services) are trying to do everything they can,” Parks said.

Excerpt two:

“We are really being strained and stressed and I’m interested to learn what is the actual state of our ICU capacity (is),” he said. “I think it it as strained as it was at some of the heights of the pandemic.

“If it’s not at 100 per cent capacity in ICU, it’s very close.”

Parks said if ICU capacity is at 100 per cent and there are no beds left, Albertans need to hear from the chief medical officer of health.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:01 PM   #16879
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Alberta Medical Association president warns of long waits, very sick kids at hospitals:

https://globalnews.ca/news/10160993/...tals-capacity/

Excerpt one:

Parks said he has communicated directly with Health Minister Adriana LaGrange to make her aware of the critical nature of the situation.

“She has reassured that senior levels of AHS (Alberta Health Services) are trying to do everything they can,” Parks said.

Excerpt two:

“We are really being strained and stressed and I’m interested to learn what is the actual state of our ICU capacity (is),” he said. “I think it it as strained as it was at some of the heights of the pandemic.

“If it’s not at 100 per cent capacity in ICU, it’s very close.”

Parks said if ICU capacity is at 100 per cent and there are no beds left, Albertans need to hear from the chief medical officer of health.
Worse than now? It’s horrid and would be more so if it’s going to worsen, as I expect.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 04:22 PM   #16880
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would you folks stop talking about the state of healthcare? The UCP wants you talking about the APP instead, and how critics are wrong and the APP is important to our long-term separatist ambitions.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote