Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #2641
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Honestly, I liked this movie better after watching it the second time than the first. Just enjoying the movie of what it was rather criticizing every detail of the movie is probably more healthy for me.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SHOGUN For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #2642
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm finally going today.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:01 PM   #2643
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Honestly, I liked this movie better after watching it the second time than the first. Just enjoying the movie of what it was rather criticizing every detail of the movie is probably more healthy for me.
Same for me except a bit of the opposite.

I enjoyed it more the 2nd time because I could watch it more critically rather than just soaking up the nostalgia.

Either way, see this multiple times.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #2644
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Boxofficemojo is predicting it could pass #1 Avatar on the all time domestic gross chart this weekend!
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #2645
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont think I've ever gone to see a movie in theatres multiple times. I'll watch it once and then wait for it to come out later.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-31-2015, 12:29 PM   #2646
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont think I've ever gone to see a movie in theatres multiple times. I'll watch it once and then wait for it to come out later.
I don't normally shy away from seeing a movie I like a few times (with different friends or w/e). For me, I saw it opening night and was right at the front, it was good, but the 3D was distracting when you're underneath the screen, and it was hard to follow the space battles.

A second viewing, regardless of the nostalgia vs critical viewing, it was visually much better watching it from the back. And that ATMOS sound, I'd never sat in a theatre with it before. The floor was shaking.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #2647
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I don't normally shy away from seeing a movie I like a few times (with different friends or w/e). For me, I saw it opening night and was right at the front, it was good, but the 3D was distracting when you're underneath the screen, and it was hard to follow the space battles.

A second viewing, regardless of the nostalgia vs critical viewing, it was visually much better watching it from the back. And that ATMOS sound, I'd never sat in a theatre with it before. The floor was shaking.
I rarely go to the theater as it is, its just a thing with me. I'm getting old and cranky.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #2648
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I rarely go to the theater as it is, its just a thing with me. I'm getting old and cranky.
No one is old and cranky at Star Wars man.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #2649
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
No one is old and cranky at Star Wars man.
We shall see. We shall see.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #2650
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched revenge of the Sith with my 7 year old. She is now very scared and won't sleep. It was more intense then I remember it being. Only return of the Jedi to go and the Sunday I'm taking her to the new one.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #2651
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Watched revenge of the Sith with my 7 year old. She is now very scared and won't sleep. It was more intense then I remember it being. Only return of the Jedi to go and the Sunday I'm taking her to the new one.
It's hilarious how the prequels went from cute, kiddie garbage to the point where it gives children nightmares. I mean, how necessary was it to have Anakin slaughter a bunch of children in that way? Talk about using a hand axe when a scalpel would suffice.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #2652
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Star Wars is at 1.5 billion worldwide. It will be #4 all time by tomorrow. Dont think itll have the international legs to pass Avatar, which is at 2.7 billion but it could realistically challenge Titanic and number 2 with 2.1 billion.

Starwars will definitely pass Avatar for #1 domestically by the weekend.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #2653
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Star Wars is at 1.5 billion worldwide. It will be #4 all time by tomorrow. Dont think itll have the international legs to pass Avatar, which is at 2.7 billion but it could realistically challenge Titanic and number 2 with 2.1 billion.

Starwars will definitely pass Avatar for #1 domestically by the weekend.
I think it'll definitely pass Avatar. I know many people who still need to see it and most people who have seen it, me included, are going to go a second time.

Plus it hasn't opened in China yet.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #2654
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

China's not that big of market relative to the numbers you need to beat adjusted avatar, avatar is number 1 at 200 mil. Transformers is number 3 at 170 mil.

It needs to keep going at 20-30 mil a week for the next bunch of weeks as a baseline to beat it. That said Sunday morning at 10:15 was just as busy as when I went Sunday night on opening weekend.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote