Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #41
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just watched the first two episodes which are great. But it's a lot like the movie "Brothers".
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #42
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched all 12 episodes in about 4 days. I loved this show. From start to finish, I was fully on board and I see why this won some awards at the Golden Globes.

I was a little pissed off at Super channel though. I PVR'd every episode on the marathon last weekend, and thought I had finished the season with Brody flipping the switch to the vest but nothing happening. It went to credits and that was it. Then my friend told me that there was still another half of the final to go. For some reason Super Channel didn't air it during that marathon. They also only had Part One of the finale on demand, so I wasn't about to wait till this thing came out on DVD, so I downloaded it. Whatever the reason, what Super Channel did was bush. Why wouldn't they make the conclusion part of the marathon? It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, back to the show. Awesome ride, can't wait till Season 2.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #43
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It sucks that everyone I talk to haven't even heard of it. It was the Golden Globe for best Drama (deserved), but no one knows about it. I recommend it to people so I can talk with them about it. Amazing show, hopefully by the time Season 2 comes more people will have watched/heard of it.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #44
vilzeh
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lol, here it is the opposite. Everyone knows the show and everyone talks/talked about it.
vilzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #45
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
It sucks that everyone I talk to haven't even heard of it. It was the Golden Globe for best Drama (deserved), but no one knows about it. I recommend it to people so I can talk with them about it. Amazing show, hopefully by the time Season 2 comes more people will have watched/heard of it.
It airs on Superchannel in Canada. If it aired on Movie Central/The Movie Network, it would have a lot more buzz in Canada.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #46
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Superchannel became Movie Central. At least it did for me. Is there also another channel called Superchannel?

I really want to watch Homeland but haven't seen it on stations I get - unfortunately. I'm hoping it shows up on free PPV and have been watching for it.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I thought Superchannel became Movie Central. At least it did for me. Is there also another channel called Superchannel?

I really want to watch Homeland but haven't seen it on stations I get - unfortunately. I'm hoping it shows up on free PPV and have been watching for it.
Superchannel is a separate channel in Canada.

I'm not sure which carrier you have, but I'm on Shaw, so this is what I know:

When I ordered Movie Central, that came with 3 SD channels, and HBO Canada in SD, plus Movie Central 1 and HBO Canada in HD. That was for like 17 bucks a month. Movie Central shows include Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Shamless, Californication, Spartacus. HBO shows are just that, the current HBO lineup.

Superchannel is completely different and shows different shows. Sons of Anarchy, Justified and now Homeland are probably their biggest shows. Plus they have some MMA events exclusive to thme. The two Superchannel stations in HD are another 17 bucks per month.
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #48
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
When I ordered Movie Central, that came with 3 SD channels, and HBO Canada in SD, plus Movie Central 1 and HBO Canada in HD. That was for like 17 bucks a month. Movie Central shows include Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Shamless, Californication, Spartacus. HBO shows are just that, the current HBO lineup.
Would Movie Central be the better option for movies than SC?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #49
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Superchannel is a separate channel in Canada.

I'm not sure which carrier you have, but I'm on Shaw, so this is what I know:

Superchannel is completely different and shows different shows. Sons of Anarchy, Justified and now Homeland are probably their biggest shows. Plus they have some MMA events exclusive to thme. The two Superchannel stations in HD are another 17 bucks per month.
Same with Bell so I think it's country wide
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #50
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
By far. I have Telus Optik TV and chose Superchannel over Movie Central for the first few months, switched to Movie Central/HBO and can't believe SC is still airing and making money. The movies SC plays are mostly "B" movies or movies not many have heard of, and they only have a couple good series. I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of movies and how new a lot of them are on Movie Central. Not to mention all the great series AND HBO...hands down winner and plenty worth the $15/month (or $17 I guess on Shaw and Bell).

Edit: Also, on Telus I get 2 Movie Centrals in HD and 2 HBO Canada's in HD.

Last edited by RT14; 01-30-2012 at 06:50 PM.
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #51
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post

Yes, back in the early 80s, when the CRTC first licenced premium "Pay TV" channels, the Allard family of Edmonton were given a regional licence for Alberta and named their channel Super Channel; eventually, expanding to serve all of Western Canada.

At some point, the Allards sold their stations to WIC, which the Griffiths family of Vancouver owned the majority of. In the late 90s, the Griffiths decided to sell off their stake in WIC, which led to a showdown between Global and Shaw, which saw each company owning half of WIC.

Global and Shaw split the WIC properties, with Global taking over the over the air tv stations and Shaw taking over their radio stations and most of their cable tv stations, including Super Channel. Shortly after the split, Shaw split into two separate companies, Shaw and Corus. Super Channel became a Corus property and was rebranded as Movie Central sometime in early 2001.

A few years ago, the CRTC decided to grant a licence for a nationwide premium cable channel. The Allard family of Edmonton won the licence and resurrected their old Super Channel brand name, launching the new Super Channel in 2007 (or so).
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #52
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Definitely. I have Movie Central year round and then Superchannel only when Sons of Anarchy is on. I ordered it for the Homeland marathon and the justified Season 2 marathon. Gonna cancel it when the minimum one month is up.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished watching Homeland and I have a sneaking suspicion that Homeland might turn into another "Prision Break" that will wear out its welcome after season 1. S1 is great because of the wife and Brody's best friend while he's out, Brody and Carries' brief hook-up and whether Brody is or isn't a terrorist angles.

I'm afriad that S2 will just be about how Brody and Nazir hatch a new plan to blow up the whitehouse that's sort of thing.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Superchannel has been replaying the first season weekly so I started to PVR them all. I was going to wait until the end to watch them but I decided to watch the first one tonight.

I'm now done the third episode.. wow, what a show. I can't add anything that I'm sure people haven't already said but what a fantastic program this is. Just another great show currently on TV.

Inarra has great tits.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #55
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow, how did I never hear of this show before? Randomly fell onto it this week, pretty sad it's over already. It was like going to see a really good movie but said movie lasted 5 times longer than a usual movie. What a great season!!! I can only think that I'll be dissapointed come season 2.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #56
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just finished the season finale of the first season, and wow, what a show.

Brody not offing himself was obvious, but the fact he was willing to go through with it was great.

Too many things already said I'm sure, but a fantastic show.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #57
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think both Brody and Quarels should have grown a triangle soul patch to cement themselves a Band of Brothers evil twins.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #58
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Just finished the season finale of the first season, and wow, what a show.

Brody not offing himself was obvious, but the fact he was willing to go through with it was great.

Too many things already said I'm sure, but a fantastic show.
What was the last thing you saw? I PVR'd a marathon off of Super Channel and I watched what I thought was the finale, but it turns out that was only part 1 of the finale and for some messed up reason, Super Channel didn't air the second part and I had to download it.

Based on your post here, I'm thinking the last thing you saw was the end of Part one of the finale.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #59
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Brody starting to get anxious, hits the trigger, doesn't go off, nervously tried to blend back into the crowd in the bunker.

That's not the end?

Oooooo my
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #60
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Brody starting to get anxious, hits the trigger, doesn't go off, nervously tried to blend back into the crowd in the bunker.

That's not the end?

Oooooo my
hehe - yah, there's another episode or is it just 15 minutes or so?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote