Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #201
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Didn't they say in the first episode that if you get bit, you will go thru a really bad fever and then you become a walker?? I think I remember something along those lines.

That was quite the last 5 minutes, pretty intense.
I would imagine that only applies to a minor bite, it looked like she basically bled out from the bite to her neck, so she probably just skips the fever part.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #202
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
it takes awhile after death i think. i was quite glad to see her get chomped on though, terrible actress. that opening scene with the 2 sisters in the boat trying to be emotional was just painful
Agreed. I couldn't help but think these two C-list actors were trying to act as hard as they could. It failed miserably, it was terribly done.

The shooting the cholo in the butt with the arrow though was gold. Not sure why I found that funny but I did!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #203
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah, if that was the best take of the crying in a boat scene they had, then I shudder to think of the outtakes. Brutal acting in that scene.

Slow start to the episode, but it ended up very good. I was really glad to see one of the main actors (I guess?) take a bite and end up on the ground dying, ts a good precedent going forward about any character being able to bite the dust.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #204
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Well the explanation they gave on tonight's episode was that "the saw was too dull" to cut through the cuffs. It was only explained in a single sentence, and yet somehow I'm satisfied heh. Maybe because at least I know they thought about it.
Yeah, the redneck brother said that, it was too dull for the cuffs.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #205
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was nice to see the wife beater get bitten.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #206
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
It was nice to see the wife beater get bitten.
For the record, as a zombie he'll probably still beat on women. Zombies tend to be indiscriminate when it comes to a tasty meal.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #207
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
For the record, as a zombie he'll probably still beat on women. Zombies tend to be indiscriminate when it comes to a tasty meal.
Hopefully his old lady is the one who booms him when he wakes up.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #208
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok so I have a question and maybe I missed it but didn't he say he had to go back to the City not only for the guy and the guns but also the promise he made for the father and son in ep. 1?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #209
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
Ok so I have a question and maybe I missed it but didn't he say he had to go back to the City not only for the guy and the guns but also the promise he made for the father and son in ep. 1?
He needed the walkie talkie that was in the bag of guns. Once a day he was going to be on it to see if he could get a hold of the father and son. I think that time of day had already passed in this episode by the time he got the bag.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #210
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
He needed the walkie talkie that was in the bag of guns. Once a day he was going to be on it to see if he could get a hold of the father and son. I think that time of day had already passed in this episode by the time he got the bag.
I see, just found it strange that there was no talk of the walkie talkie (how cool would that have been to come up with that name) at all when they made a fairly big deal about it as one of the primary reasons to go back.

Also I really wonder where the redneck ended up with the vehicle?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #211
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think the wife beater won't be coming back, looked like they finished the whole thing when it came to him. Looked like about 5 piled into that tent.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #212
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
I see, just found it strange that there was no talk of the walkie talkie (how cool would that have been to come up with that name) at all when they made a fairly big deal about it as one of the primary reasons to go back.

Also I really wonder where the redneck ended up with the vehicle?
LOL went a bit ADD there for a sec, eh?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #213
wpgflamesfan
3 Wolves Short of 2 Millionth Post

Exp:

I'm curious too see what happens with the grenade he snagged earlier on in the season.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #214
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgflamesfan View Post
I'm curious too see what happens with the grenade he snagged earlier on in the season.
raid a sports store and tape it to a football

Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #215
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

So is anybody else wondering how all those zombies got out there?

I know they aren't far from the city, but even still I'm thinking the dude that cut his hand off filled the back of that truck he stole with zombies and unleashed them on the group.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #216
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^I'm thinking they could see the fire. Remember when the guy said he built the fire area walls higher so they could make a bigger fire and not have any of the zombies see it. I'm thinking the fire was too big and attracted the zombies to their camp. I don't think they even mention the fire thing if they weren't gonna have a zombie invasion at the end of the episode.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #217
TylerSVT
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
given that the wife nailed her husband and the best friend in quick succession, i'm gonna guess that now she's pregnant and a "whose baby is it" storyline will develop for season 2. i haven't read the comics, but it seems like a very convenient plot twist
I thought about that too and if that is the case i'll be switching to another channel.

What makes this show good is the zombie fighting and the guns and ####. not stupid storylines like "ZOMG HE SLEPT WITH MY WIFE" blah blah blah. if i wanted to watch that i would turn on 99% of other TV shows.
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerSVT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #218
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
I thought about that too and if that is the case i'll be switching to another channel.

What makes this show good is the zombie fighting and the guns and ####. not stupid storylines like "ZOMG HE SLEPT WITH MY WIFE" blah blah blah. if i wanted to watch that i would turn on 99% of other TV shows.
There are a thousand other options for zombie fighting in movies etc. The only way a TV series will work is if there are other parts to the story. Sure it is only 6 episodes a season, but that is still ~5 hours of content compared to ~2 for a zombie blasting flick.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #219
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
So is anybody else wondering how all those zombies got out there?

I know they aren't far from the city, but even still I'm thinking the dude that cut his hand off filled the back of that truck he stole with zombies and unleashed them on the group.
I thought about that as well. However would he really do that as he believes his brother in in camp with everyone else? Perhaps, but I'm not sure.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #220
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is a great series! Highly recommend the comic as well! It isn't following the comic per-say except for the attack at the camp and Amy being undead lunch.

The Undead walking into camp is explained and I think we will see more about that next week.

Sucks that it is only 6 episodes and we will have to wait a year before we see more.
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies