Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #81
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
[/B]

lol do people actually fall for that and buy their over priced detergent?

I have the Miele G6105SCU. It's awesome, but I needed it serviced in the first year. What the service tech told me was to stop using the Cascade pods or liquid dishwashing detergent gel. He recommended Finish dry powder. The two key items he stressed were to not buy the powder in giant containers from Costco. Just buy the smaller box because as you continue to pour it into the dishwasher and store it moisture gets into the powder and it doesn't work as well. The more major item was to use a small amount, like a tablespoon. I used to fill it right up and would sometimes even throw some extra powder in. This just clogs up the machine and is wasteful. Since I followed his advice I haven't had any issues.

I also have Finish Rinse Aid in the dispenser. Right before I turn the dishwasher on I run my kitchen faucet for a few seconds to get the water as hot as possible, so the water going into the dishwasher is at its maximum temperature. If the dishwasher is filled with cold water it doesn't work as well and/or it takes more heat and energy to warm up the water, depending on what type of dishwasher you have.

If I were buying a dishwasher today I would buy a Miele G7106SCU. There are several models above and below this price point too. If you buy a dishwasher now, with deliver between October 1-December 18, you get a 10 year warranty and six months of detergent. You can always get the small products added on to the appliances they sell in store if you ask. I bought the CM6150 coffee machine for my business and asked for some coffee beans to be thrown in. They gave me two free bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2022, 03:53 PM   #82
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Question of the CP brain-trust.

Dishwasher in my rental unit. Frigidaire Ultra Quiet II

It has flooded twice, in the 10+ years of owning it. Once for me, many years back, and once for my tenant in January. Both clogged food.

Thoughts? Would those more knowledgeable about Dishwashers, replace it?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:56 PM   #83
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never once had a dishwasher clog due to food.

Not trying to sound condescending but make sure plates aren't caked in food before putting in dishwasher?

If you're already doing that, ya, I'd be replacing it for sure. Dishwasherse have garburators in the bottom to deal with minor stuff. If that's not working, replace.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #84
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I've never once had a dishwasher clog due to food.

Not trying to sound condescending but make sure plates aren't caked in food before putting in dishwasher?

If you're already doing that, ya, I'd be replacing it for sure. Dishwasherse have garburators in the bottom to deal with minor stuff. If that's not working, replace.
Exactly. Never had that issue with other dishwashers, which is why I'm thinking of replacing.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:09 PM   #85
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Question of the CP brain-trust.

Dishwasher in my rental unit. Frigidaire Ultra Quiet II

It has flooded twice, in the 10+ years of owning it. Once for me, many years back, and once for my tenant in January. Both clogged food.

Thoughts? Would those more knowledgeable about Dishwashers, replace it?
Yes, definitely replace. Get a unit with an overflow sensor.

Units that pre-heat water might help with food because slightly less grease hardens in the pipe with the really hot water, but they cost more. I think using rise aid like Jet dry also helps over time as well.

Every few months, I'll clean the trap and run a relatively empty load. This to help push more stuff down the pipes and hope that more detergent goes down the pipes to address greasy goop that may be sitting in the pipes.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #86
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you don’t replace it I’d replace all the lines on it. It’s getting up there and the next flood could be much more serious from a failed line.

Ask me how I know….
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #87
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toss a wifi water sensor/alarm underneath while you're at it. But ya, I'd replace it, maybe find one with a built in food disposal since it sounds like you're all a bunch of animals putting hunks of food in there.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote