Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #281
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
You can compartmentalize #### if you have a strong will.

Trust me .

Not very one can and thats fine but if if his home life is affecting him time off is best.

Ive been to 16 funerals in 7 years. Some I need time others I didn't as much time.

I have also suggested he may be havinf difficulties at home. Which is total speculation but fits the time line.

The watchimg the slow march to death of a loved one is more traumatic than watching a murder of a loved one I have found.
Wow.... that turned dark.

Sorry to hear about your respective losses
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #282
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Boy Smith ripped into the team for the turnovers as 960 is analyzing his post game comments. It sounds like he's getting really tired of all the turnovers and I can't blame him seeing how he's been hung out to dry far too often. I know some of us here have been concerned about this all season and have been accused as being Debbie downers but you will never win a Stanley Cup playing this way. He's probably seen enough of this in Phoenix to know that if you want to be a good team you can't continue to play like this. Maybe getting time that the coach started holding players accountable for having games where they commit multiple turnovers.
Didn't hear the interview but he's one of the few players that can say that with a straight face. Good on him, as good of a record as they have, the multiple brainfarts a game need to stop. Smith usually winds up having to cover up or try to cover up nearly every one.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #283
madmike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Boy Smith ripped into the team for the turnovers as 960 is analyzing his post game comments. It sounds like he's getting really tired of all the turnovers and I can't blame him seeing how he's been hung out to dry far too often. I know some of us here have been concerned about this all season and have been accused as being Debbie downers but you will never win a Stanley Cup playing this way. He's probably seen enough of this in Phoenix to know that if you want to be a good team you can't continue to play like this. Maybe getting time that the coach started holding players accountable for having games where they commit multiple turnovers.
Can't really blame him. For a team that was supposed to have a great D and a possession-based system, the Flames have been remarkably sloppy.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:59 AM   #284
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally watched the game. Yes it's good we stole a point but ffs Brodie what was that. Time and time again he's constantly making bone headed give aways and I'm sick of it. If we were to trade one of our defenceman it would have to be Brodie hands down I'm just tired of his stupid lazy careless defensive plays.

Last edited by locsofblu; 11-23-2017 at 10:28 AM.
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #285
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Win as a team, lose as a team. Got a big road point. Move on to Dallas.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #286
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guarantee no one in that dressing room is pointing at Brodie for the loss. I hate how he bumbles around too sometimes, but that play off his stick was pure bad luck. If that was Kulak or Gio, this uproar doesn't exist and we'd all be happy with the point.

Very few posts in this PGT about how the Flames got outplayed, outhit and outworked all night long. Not nearly as many posts as their should be about how Smith stole us a point, in a game we should have gotten blown out of. No posts about how well coached and structured the Blue Jackets are. Instead it's mostly Blame Brodie. While Brodie's play might have ended the game, the team as a whole wasn't up to par the entire night. Where was the offence? Why is no one blaming the top line for the tic tac toe empty net that didn't go in? Almost every point shot was blocked and scooped up for an odd man chance against.

But nope, blame Brodie when the rest of the ENTIRE TEAM couldn't score a goal.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #287
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Actually I think Ferland should be given a shot in OT. He can skate, he can control the puck, he can shoot.
I just wanted to say that Ferland has looked so good lately. In the last four or five games he has made several jaw-dropping skill plays. I am really excited to see how he does this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #288
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Why should I be happy with 1 point when we could have made it two. Why should I ever be happy with losing.
Because the best teams in the NHL are going to lose games like that from time to time.

The thing I don't get is the level of frustration that several fans exhibit at just the slightest errors made by the team, or the least disappointing result. It's madness. The Flames are currently playing like a top-team in the league and are within spitting-distance of the division lead. It is irrational to expect a team—ANY team—to be perfect night in and night out.

Stop being irrational.

Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #289
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
3M line hasn't been too great offensively this year. I think putting Tkachuk with some different players could be interesting.
What are you talking about? Frolik is having a bit off of his career average, but both Backlund and Tkachuk are on pace to record career years.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #290
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Are you for real? A give-away like that is unacceptable do you want me to draw you a diagram or something?
Calm yourself man. Yeah it was awful and at the worst time possible. Like others have said, he didn't try to fire it up the ice and put it right on the tape of a Blue Jacket player. It bobbled off his blade. Likely because at this point in the game the ice was terribad.
That give away is on Brodie and yes he's made some horrible decisions lately but if the puck doesn't bounce away from his blade there, that goal probably doesn't happen.

In saying that, I thought the Jackets deserved the win. We were lucky it got to OT and Smith was unreal again. The Blue Jackets are a very good defensive team and it was very hard to generate offends and get pucks through. It seemed like they blocked a lot of shots. Happy to get the one point. Stealing a point here or there could be all the difference in getting a playoff matchup we want or home ice advantage.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #291
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Blue Jackets played the way people hoped the Flames defense would play. That's what a good defense looks like. If Flames could mimic that, they would be one of the best teams in the league.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote