Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #41
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This is not the site if your looking for free speech. Or to post a contrary opinion to the majority. CP used to be great. Now it's ok. Still better than **Boards though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:27 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

"Once upon a time there were three people that went to the Moderator Academy

And they were each assigned very hazardous duties

But I took them away from that and now they work for me, my name is Bingo"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #43
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
This is not the site if your looking for free speech. Or to post a contrary opinion to the majority. CP used to be great. Now it's ok. Still better than **Boards though.
It is just the beginning of a neo Marxist society we moving into. I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. But it is better to play nice and still have an opinion that be shut down completely by the moral police. Things will eventually sway the right way again. Hopefully my children will live in a more free society when they are older. We will see.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #44
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
It is just the beginning of a neo Marxist society we moving into.
You say you oppose Marxism, but then you support the abolition of authority? Well, that just doesn't make any sense.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #45
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

All one has to do is spend a couple hours on HF, and you will see what true iron fist corrupted moderation is like. You will quickly learn to appreciate how things operate here.

I never understood the grief the mods here get. They let more than their fair share slide, but it's the people who keep pushing their agenda that are the issue, not the mods.

You mods probably don't get enough credit, especially since it's a volunteer 'job'. But I really do think you guys have done, are doing, and will continue to do a good job.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for what you do!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #46
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It is just the beginning of a neo Marxist society we moving into. I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. But it is better to play nice and still have an opinion that be shut down completely by the moral police. Things will eventually sway the right way again. Hopefully my children will live in a more free society when they are older. We will see.
Dramatic much? Bingo made a site to discuss hockey because he loves hockey like most of us do. It should be that simple.

Frankly, I love all the silly gifs and have no problem with any of them. The group he chose to moderate have a problem with a lot of them and that is fine. But lets not get into some ridiculous discussion about free speech and your rights.

At the end of the day its a place to discuss puck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #47
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #48
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
All one has to do is spend a couple hours on HF, and you will see what true iron fist corrupted moderation is like. You will quickly learn to appreciate how things operate here.

I never understood the grief the mods here get. They let more than their fair share slide, but it's the people who keep pushing their agenda that are the issue, not the mods.

You mods probably don't get enough credit, especially since it's a volunteer 'job'. But I really do think you guys have done, are doing, and will continue to do a good job.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for what you do!

Spoiler!

Heh
Old 11-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #49
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your teachers must have looooved you in school haha. Good on ya bud. Great attitude. I mean that!
Thanks!

I am sure some will and can figure out who I am, I was public speaker throughout Calgary schools for a few years
Old 11-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #50
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Appreciate the mods for what they do.

I could spend time and effort replying to posts but instead it's easier (read more enjoyable) to read everybody's debates/arguments/bickering. At least I'm free to walk away when I'm not interested. Mods can't because it's their volunteered job.

So thanks. At least until I get an infraction I guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #51
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Old 11-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #52
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Great, now that song is going to be in my head the rest of the afternoon.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #53
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was it another person you were calling sociopathic or a political figure?
It was Hillary Clinton lol. I apologize to Mrs. Clinton if she is a CP member, I was out of line and am sorry for personally attacking you.
Holy god, I don't want a war with anyone on here, or the mods, or what have you. I don't understand why everyone likes to pile on a poster who has a differing or polarizing view yet it seems to be the norm when dealing with public message boards. Why does it have to get to the point where it is about belittling or baiting posters into losing their cool? Why are posters actually scared to voice a possible unpopular point of view in fear of the masses? I guess that is what I was trying to do in that thread was point that out and I did it in a very stupid way.

Last edited by dissentowner; 11-15-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #54
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
It is just a fact that in 2017 freedom of speech is a thing of the past. The sooner people realize this the sooner we can move on.
I just got off a week-long binning, possibly within the last couple of hours. And speaking as someone with a non-trivial history of infractions, binnings and interactions with moderators, I can only say...

You're out of your mind.

"Freedom of speech" is a contract between you and the government, not you and private enterprise. You've never had "freedom of speech" here or on any other forum. Not in 2017, not in 2007 not in 1997. We all participate here at the suffrage of the gatekeepers.

More importantly, you don't have a right not to be criticized for your words, deeds or actions. Reading your posts here, it seems that you happen to be one of a sadly increasing number of people that thinks "freedom of speech" means "freedom from consequences". That could not be farther from the truth.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #55
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you just upset you can't call me a #### anymore with your alt right leanings? maybe you should only stick to posting in the hockey side.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 11-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #56
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
I just got off a week-long binning, possibly within the last couple of hours. And speaking as someone with a non-trivial history of infractions, binnings and interactions with moderators, I can only say...

You're out of your mind.

"Freedom of speech" is a contract between you and the government, not you and private enterprise. You've never had "freedom of speech" here or on any other forum. Not in 2017, not in 2007 not in 1997. We all participate here at the suffrage of the gatekeepers.

More importantly, you don't have a right not to be criticized for your words, deeds or actions. Reading your posts here, it seems that you happen to be one of a sadly increasing number of people that thinks "freedom of speech" means "freedom from consequences". That could not be farther from the truth.
sad to see they broke you

sad
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #57
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've griefed the mod's on a few occasions, but I appreciate the work they put in and the type of discussion they are trying to foster. It can't be easy sitting between the obnoxiously sensitive and the obnoxiously brash.

I still miss Peter12, but he was basically daring the mods to ban him, so no fault there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #58
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd like to say that I've never once felt unable to express an opinion or view on this site - maybe that secondhand cigarette smoke is harmless if you're outdoors - otherwise, CP does a pretty good job of living by the axiom 'Be nice or leave'.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #59
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I will always critique and criticize authority!!

Would be interesting for the mod that edits something leaves a tag.
Don’t care either way, never had any problems, just some laughs.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #60
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Are you just upset you can't call me a #### anymore with your alt right leanings? maybe you should only stick to posting in the hockey side.
Were you so triggered you have to try and label me as alt-right when I'm nothing close? Sad boy Johnny
Closed Thread