Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #221
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

If another team offered that package for Brodie or Hamilton, how long would it take you to hang up the phone?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #222
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's get a little creative
Frolik+Sam+Brouwer (yeah NTC I know...)
for Duchene+Barrie
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #223
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Here is a roster player and prospect offer I would do from the Flames perspective

Frolik (for cap purposes)
Kylington
Gillies
Shinkaruk
For
Duchene
Maybe I'm a homer but I wouldn't do that deal. Frolik scores a comparable amount, is miles better defensively, plays all 3 forward postions well and a better contract. He's certainly not a cap dump. I'm not adding 2 really good prospects to get him.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #224
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
If another team offered that package for Brodie or Hamilton, how long would it take you to hang up the phone?
Problem is Duchene isn't even close to the value of Brodie or Hamilton. We have learned the cost of young Dmen is extremely expensive. Duchene is more of a scoring winger that can play centre. It also appears teams are reluctant to give up really high end young assets with only a 2 year term on Duchene's deal. Too long to sign an extension but also not long enough to give up really premium assets.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #225
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Maybe I'm a homer but I wouldn't do that deal. Frolik scores a comparable amount, is miles better defensively, plays all 3 forward postions well and a better contract. He's certainly not a cap dump. I'm not adding 2 really good prospects to get him.
Frolik isn't a cap dump he brings value to the trade. The Flames would need to send out a contract for cap reasons. Since Frolik is a good asset I avoided sending the Flames best goalie, Defensive, and forward prospects. The prospects are not junk either though so i tired to come up with a deal that hurts the Flames a bit, helps rebuild the Avs system with young players close to NHL ready. The Flames though really push their chips in the middle with this move. They hope Duchene (who scored 3 fewer points than Frolik last year) rebounds and scores 60+pts.

Having Gaudreau, Monahan, Duchene, Tkachuk, Backlund, Bennett up front with the top 5 on the blueline this team would be an extremely tough out
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #226
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Having Gaudreau, Monahan, Duchene, Tkachuk, Backlund, Bennett up front with the top 5 on the blueline this team would be an extremely tough out
I feel as if the four of Gaudreau, Monahan, Duchene, and Bennett have too much skillset overlap offensively with none (yet) being elite defensively. Would make a lot more sense if Duchene were a right hand shot or a better two-way player. Only so many minutes to go around on the power play, or soft offensive minutes at even strength.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 07-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote