Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #521
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Purple Perk in mission is run by a degenerate anti vaxxer and have been shut down for ignoring the REP rules.

To make it worse, the scumbag owner lied on their notice saying they had “boiler” trouble. What a POS.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2021, 11:37 PM   #522
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can’t believe it’s taken this long for purple perk to be mentioned in this thread

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/purple-pe...ions-1.5634601
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #523
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
To make it worse, the scumbag owner lied on their notice saying they had “boiler” trouble. What a POS.
I actually think this is a better thing for them to do than to whine about being persecuted and ask people for donations.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #524
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Fair enough but it also leads his customers to falsely think the closure isn’t covid related. Its an attempt to save his business from losing customers once they reopen and is pretty scummy and dishonest.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #525
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Although I don't condone some of the actions and the messaging from an owner like the Purple Perk, I can see where some of the frustration is coming from.

A common theme of business owners who have complained and not followed some of the Covid rules are the ones who have been targeted by restrictions, fairly or unfairly in some regards. The restaurant, bar and small business sector has been specifically targeted for measures and it's caused a huge financial issue.

We don't see too many executives from Walmart, Costco or Amazon furious because they haven't been affected.

His quote a while back in a Calgary Herald piece was fairly accurate and was something along the lines of "I can't have 8 people in my shop but thousands a day can go to Costco?"

I have heard similar frustrations from other business owners. Friends of mine who have billiards bar business and others have Karaoke business have also been targeted. Their business was considered "high risk" and the pool hall was closed during approx 7 months, yet some other establishments were able to have expanded capacity during that time with the patio's and more. Some restaurants in places like 17th Ave Calgary legit had their best summer's ever in 2020/2021 business wise but others were devastated.

I will never forget an issue that happened in Ontario earlier this year. There was reports that only 1 Amazon fulfillment outside of Toronto was responsible for over 1000 direct Covid infection from employee's. Dozens of employee's died and that outbreak lead to thousands and thousands of extra infections. What did the government of Ontario do eventually? Close all non essential businesses for months. Some poor guy or girls small town book store with 5 daily customers get's devastated while Amazon makes billions.

Like I said I don't like flouting the rules but every single one of us all have a breaking point when it comes to our finances and putting food on the table for our families and paying our basic bills.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #526
Fighting Banana Slug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Although I don't condone some of the actions and the messaging from an owner like the Purple Perk, I can see where some of the frustration is coming from.

A common theme of business owners who have complained and not followed some of the Covid rules are the ones who have been targeted by restrictions, fairly or unfairly in some regards. The restaurant, bar and small business sector has been specifically targeted for measures and it's caused a huge financial issue.

We don't see too many executives from Walmart, Costco or Amazon furious because they haven't been affected.

His quote a while back in a Calgary Herald piece was fairly accurate and was something along the lines of "I can't have 8 people in my shop but thousands a day can go to Costco?"

I have heard similar frustrations from other business owners. Friends of mine who have billiards bar business and others have Karaoke business have also been targeted. Their business was considered "high risk" and the pool hall was closed during approx 7 months, yet some other establishments were able to have expanded capacity during that time with the patio's and more. Some restaurants in places like 17th Ave Calgary legit had their best summer's ever in 2020/2021 business wise but others were devastated.

I will never forget an issue that happened in Ontario earlier this year. There was reports that only 1 Amazon fulfillment outside of Toronto was responsible for over 1000 direct Covid infection from employee's. Dozens of employee's died and that outbreak lead to thousands and thousands of extra infections. What did the government of Ontario do eventually? Close all non essential businesses for months. Some poor guy or girls small town book store with 5 daily customers get's devastated while Amazon makes billions.

Like I said I don't like flouting the rules but every single one of us all have a breaking point when it comes to our finances and putting food on the table for our families and paying our basic bills.
While I can empathize with the small business owner and issues that you have raised, but how exactly is ignoring the rules helping his or her situation? Better to be compliant with the law, continue to hold your permits and serve your customers in a safe and responsible manner.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:51 PM   #527
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Plus they followed NO protocols. No masks, no distancing, food exposed on countertops to the public.

This is also the same scumbag that called doctors nazis earlier in the pandemic.

This is not just some innocent business owner who got in trouble for not following the rules to a T.

I also don’t see how emulating ####ty companies is a good thing. So amazon is evil. That means they’re the new standard? Instead shouldn’t Ontario deal with their amazon warehouse and Calgary continue to deal with non compliant stores?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 03:49 PM   #528
81MC
First Line Centre

Exp:

One of my shops that I actively work out of, and need use of to do my fn job is now a drive through rapid testing centre for employees who aren’t vaccinated.

Oh man, these mother####ers haven’t been making things hard enough, now I gotta shut down half my operations, dance around a bunch of non-vaxxed and work outside going into the winter. #### this ####.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #529
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Plus they followed NO protocols. No masks, no distancing, food exposed on countertops to the public.

This is also the same scumbag that called doctors nazis earlier in the pandemic.

This is not just some innocent business owner who got in trouble for not following the rules to a T.

I also don’t see how emulating ####ty companies is a good thing. So amazon is evil. That means they’re the new standard? Instead shouldn’t Ontario deal with their amazon warehouse and Calgary continue to deal with non compliant stores?

Like I said in my post, I think the frustrations across the board are coming from some of these rules that really seem to be made up on the fly with no basis in science for 1 country like Canada.

In Alberta, if a business does not want to take in the vaccination passport program, they are not allowed to have indoor dining, patio only. That's fine, it keeps people save. Technically unvaccinated people are allowed on the patio but if a business doesn't participate in the program, the unvaccinated are not allowed outside.

In other provinces no vaccination required for patio dining, in Alberta it's not allowed. Which is it in Canada? Are we following science like we are being told? I am fully vaxxed so this doesn't affect me but I can see the frustrations.

At one point Jason Kenney bragged that not a single source of Covid could be pinpointed to hair salons and barber shops because of the precautions and masking, yet a few weeks later they were shut down due to a rising wave. Which is it?

A lot of people don't have issues with following the rules if they are being looked after and some businesses were not.

On the other hand the way we are dealing with Covid as a country is laughable. We have this wave in AB and SK and are sending patients to Ontario for care yet we are allowing mass super spreading events to be held in some regards.

Most people and business don't have issues with compliance if certain things are logical and a lot hasn't.

Either way it's a tough situation all around for everybody and the frustrations have mounted for a lot of people.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #530
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your points are valid but not as a basis to defend these specific idiots
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 06:17 PM   #531
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1452788289019138050
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #532
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

"That's assault".

Dude, you were the one who assaulted him first when you got in the guy's face. It's funny how the law suddenly matters when it affects him.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 07:31 PM   #533
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
"That's assault".

Dude, you were the one who assaulted him first when you got in the guy's face. It's funny how the law suddenly matters when it affects him.
So predictable too. I would have bet $10,000 he was going to say that.

They’re a type. And they’re all the same.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:40 PM   #534
#-3
First Line Centre

Exp:

also there is a big difference in setting / exposure when you compare Costco to a pub or cafe, and to the extent there is opportunity for similar settings Costco is subject to the exact same restrictions. somehow everything unfairly targets small business owners. It's tough thing to do running a business, but wishing this situation away is only going to make things worse for everyone in the long run, including them. When action is required, we need action not their whining.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:02 AM   #535
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post

Not to defend Amazon - but you really need to use per capita numbers. A place that has 15,000 workers is going to have higher number of cases than a place that has 5.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #536
guzzy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Yes. Today in bitch-had-it-coming news
guzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #537
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
Yes. Today in bitch-had-it-coming news
Easily one of the most satisfying pops.

You come into a place, threaten the people there and start pushing people around, you're gonna get smacked. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #538
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That dudes fist had a strong mandate.

Sucka!!! (insert Booker T gif)
Old 10-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #539
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp: