Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default Day 8 (PM of July 30 - AM of July 31)

As always the CBC Sports website, CBC Gem, and the CBC Olympics app will carry all events.

The Mixed Team Relay Triathlon begins at 16:30. Canada will be competing and I believe this will be on TSN 1, 3, & 4.

I think that Round 2 of the Men’s Golf Tournament will continue at 16:45, Round 3 should be beginning at 18:30. It seems like this will be shown on TSN 2. Conners is -2, Mackenzie Hughes is -1, Xander Schauffele is on top of the leaderboard at -11.

The Quarter-Finals of the Men’s Singles Badminton will be beginning at 18:00. At 18:50 the Women’s Doubles Semifinals begin. The Women’s Singles Semifinals start at 03:00. Men's Doubles Bronze Medal Match is at 04:40. Men's Doubles Gold Medal Match is scheduled for 05:30.

Athletics starts at 18:00 with Round 1 of the Women’s 400m Hurdles, Sage Watson from Medicine Hat is in Heat 1, Noelle Montcalm will run for Canada in Heat 2. Women’s Discus Throw Qualification starts at 18:30, Men’s Pole Vault Qualification starts at 18:40. Qualification for the Men’s 800m starts at 18:50, Edmonton’s Marco Arop (2019 Pan Am Games Gold Medalist) will run in Heat 2, Brandon McBride runs in Heat 3. Round 1 of Women’s 100m Hurdles begins at 19:45. At 20:35 the Preliminary Round for the Men’s 100m will start.

At 18:30 the Round of 16 of Men’s Individual Archery begins, Crispin Duenas takes on a German competitor in a match that is scheduled to start at 19:09. The Quarterfinal is scheduled for 23:45, Semifinal at 00:45, Gold Medal Match at 01:30.

Also at 18:30 Canada takes on Kenya in the 9th place match for Women’s Rugby 7’s.

Swimming starts at 19:30 with the Men’s 100m Butterfly Final. The Women’s 200m Backstroke Final will start at 19:37, Taylor Ruck (2019 FINA World Championships 5th place finisher) and Kylie Masse (2019 FINA World Championships Bronze Medal Winner) swim for Canada. The Final in Women’s 800m Freestyle should start at 19:46. At 20:11 the Semifinals of the Men’s 50m Freestyle begins, Brent Hayden will swim in the first race. The Semifinals for the Women’s 50m Freestyle starts at 20:32. The Final of the Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay will begin at 20:43. Swimming events should be live on CBC.

The first Semifinal in Women’s Rugby 7’s starts at 20:00 and sees New Zealand take on Fiji, at 20:30 the second semi will start with Great Britain and France. The Bronze Medal Match is at 02:30, the Final is 03:00.

Canadian Sailing content begins at 21:05 in Men’s 49er and Finn competitions and Women’s 49er FX.

Men’s Trampoline Qualification will begin at 22:00, the Final is scheduled for 23:50. I think this is going to be on CBC.

At 22:06 the Quarterfinals for the Women’s Middleweight Boxing starts, 2019 Pan Am Games Silver Medalist Tammara Thibeault will compete in a match scheduled to start at 22:24 against a competitor from the Netherlands. I think this will be on SN and/or SN1

At 00:00 the Women’s 3m Springboard Semifinal will start, Pamela Ware and Jennifer Abel are the Canadian Divers. I think this will be on CBC.

The Bronze Medal matches for Women’s Doubles and the Men’s Singles Tennis starts at 00:00, I think there should be coverage for this on TSN 1, 2, or 4. The Bronze Medal matches for Mixed Doubles and Women’s Singles are scheduled for 01:30. Women’s Gold Medal Match is scheduled for 03:00.

At 04:10 Qualification for the Men’s Long Jump begins. The Semifinal in Women’s 100m starts at 04:15, Khamica Bingham runs in the first race, Crystal Emmanuel runs in the second race. At 04:45 Round 1 of the Men’s 100m begins, start lists aren’t available until after the earlier Preliminary Rounds, I’ll update the post later. The Final for Men’s Discus Throw starts at 05:15. The Women’s 800m Semifinals begin at 05:50. At 06:35 the Final of the 4x400m Mixed Relay starts. The Final of the Women’s 100m is at 06:50. I believe that all the running events will be on CBC.

At 04:50 the Men’s 96kg Weightlifting begins, Boady Santavy competes for Canada.

There's other action tonight that doesn't include Canadians like Basketball, Volleyball, Fencing, and Beach Volleyball!
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 11:58 AM   #2
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Mixed relays are fun. I looked up the triathlon one starting at 4:00.
Woman, Man, Woman, Man. Each does a 300m swim, 8km bike and 2 km run.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 03:04 PM   #3
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

ok time to inject the coffee right into my veins

The Semifinal in Women’s 100m starts at 04:15, Khamica Bingham runs in the first race, Crystal Emmanuel runs in the second race. At 04:45 Round 1 of the Men’s 100m begins, start lists aren’t available until after the earlier Preliminary Rounds, I’ll update the post later. The Final for Men’s Discus Throw starts at 05:15. The Women’s 800m Semifinals begin at 05:50. At 06:35 the Final of the 4x400m Mixed Relay starts. The Final of the Women’s 100m is at 06:50. I believe that all the running events will be on CBC.
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #4
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Looking forward to the archery later. The women's competition was really good yesterday.

This one is wide open. #16 Crispin Duenas has a real chance. Top two Koreans (#1 and #3) are gone, only #2 seed American and #4 Korean are left, everyone else is a pretty low seed (all below #10). Lots of different countries too, Canada, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Israel, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, India, Japan, China, Kazakhstan, Australia, Turkey and US.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Thanks CofR for the incredibly helpful posts every day! It's always great to check these threads so I know who to watch for.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 06:15 PM   #6
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Sage Watson is moving on to the Semifinal in Women’s 400m Hurdles
Old 07-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Looking forward to the archery later. The women's competition was really good yesterday.

This one is wide open. #16 Crispin Duenas has a real chance. Top two Koreans (#1 and #3) are gone, only #2 seed American and #4 Korean are left, everyone else is a pretty low seed (all below #10). Lots of different countries too, Canada, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Israel, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, India, Japan, China, Kazakhstan, Australia, Turkey and US.
What time is it on?
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #8
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
What time is it on?
Started at 18:30, Duenas should be beginning in about 10 minutes.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:02 PM   #9
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Here’s the streaming link for archery for anyone that wants it:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1927688771965
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #10
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Duenas is eliminated 3 sets to 1. Germany guy was on fire.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #11
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Damn, Duenas falls in Archery.

Marco Arop won his Heat in 800m and advances, Brandon McBride was leading his heat most of the way but just didn’t have enough to finish and will not move on.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:30 PM   #12
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it me, or is there a lot more adds and less content this year? It feels like it's either an ad, or some short feature, but very little actual content. I just checked 5 different channels and they all had ads. Maybe I'm mis-remembering past games...

Last night I watched a streaming version of Laser racing, and it had no commentary, but also no breaks. It was pretty great. All the boats have cameras, and you can hear the chatter between sailors.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:37 PM   #13
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

There are much more ads you are right.

How do the Swiss know how to swim

They had one swimming medal on the history (1984). This Olympics they've got two!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:39 PM   #14
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Definitely more ads it feels like this year. Some of the events just streamed without any commentary are really really nice to watch
Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #15
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Silver for Masse!!!!
Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #16
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Silver medal for Masse!!! That was awesome
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #17
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

That McKewon grrrrrrrrrr

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 08:17 PM   #18
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great race by Masse...again, a Canadian record and silver medal is fantasic.

Hayden swimming well, but damn that 50m race is a young man's game it feels like
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:52 PM   #19
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Even Dressell couldn't catch up in that relay.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:01 PM   #20
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

The mixed relays in swimming and track are both incredibly entertaining to watch