Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2022, 12:51 PM   #41
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

One last hoorah for the boys in Boston with Lucic coming back. I don't think Boston has much to offer us other then paying some other team to take on 50% of Lucic.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #42
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, here's a friendly reminder that the Edmonton Oilers are paying Milan Lucic $750,000 this upcoming season.

They are also paying James Neal just shy of $1.92M per season for the next 3 seasons.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #43
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That GS Skier post is basically trolling as an art form. Just *chefs kiss*
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #44
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Skier View Post
FWIW no interest in Kadri at all. The guy has a gigantic chip on his shoulder about his heritage. In this day and age no one needs that. There's room for everyone and Kadri is not "special" (GAG word) he's just a decent skilled #2 center. We have colored and first nations players throughout the league thrilled to play without bringing that baggage.
Danielle? Is that you?

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:55 PM   #45
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The problem with LTIR and a cap strapped team is that if they don't bank the cap relief the same way you can with cap space. When guys like Marchand or McAvoy are ready to come back, the Bruins probably need to get them in the lineup right away to be a playoff team. So LTIR to start the season is drastically different than LTIR to end the season. Vegas couldn't get a good enough lineup on the ice because they played the LTIR card early in the year. Whereas Colorado was able to add Josh Manson by using it to close out the season. Bruins should be smart enough not to go down the Vegas path.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #46
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
FWIW no interest in Kadri at all. The guy has a gigantic chip on his shoulder about his heritage. In this day and age no one needs that. There's room for everyone and Kadri is not "special" (GAG word) he's just a decent skilled #2 center. We have colored and first nations players throughout the league thrilled to play without bringing that baggage.
I have no interest in Kadri either because my reason is about him as a dirty player and him being a liability to the team's success on ice. Plus, he didn't want to come to the Flames on a supposed Brodie trade when he was with the Leafs. There's nothing regarding him as a Muslim or any other racial factors. That's irrelevant. I compare him to the likes of Marchand or Avery, who I don't like because of their antics on the ice. Please leave out the racial aspects of the players. It's just a sport that we cheer for.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:57 PM   #47
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
On a side note. I had to stop using Microsoft Edge recently and go back to Chrome. For some reason the news feed is full of extreme right trolls spouting off racist and bigoted rhetoric in every single article. Just bizarre today's political climate. I'm a moderate / centrist so I find it really irritating that ever since Trump made it main stream these types haven't gone back to their caves yet.
Don't want to derail the thread..and this would be better in the Tech Forum...but your choice of browser has nothing to do with the garbage you might see. This has more to do with your settings or choices you've made....

(I use Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi....and never see any crap at all that I haven't chosen to see.)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:57 PM   #48
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only reason I wouldn’t want Kadri on the Flames is if it was a 5+ year deal that I think will hurt the team. 4 years or less under $8M sign me up
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:58 PM   #49
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Lucic + Hanifin for Taylor Hall. The Flames sign Kadri,

Huberdeau - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Hall - Kadri - Toffoli
Coleman - Backlund - Dube
Lewis - Ruzicka/Monahan - 4th liner

Weegar - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Zadarov - Mackey
Valimaki

Markstrom
Vladar
Trading Hanafin? Again?

Not gonna happen.
Dan403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #50
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1) That's...that's just not....like come on man
2) for future reference, you should probably start a post like this with "I have nothing against "Colored" people", you know, just to avoid any confusion.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 08-12-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:01 PM   #51
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have been a big fan of what Lucic brings to the Flames and would be happy to let him finish out his contract here.
I just enjoy watching the on-ice product and I'm not the type to get bent over a player being overpaid-especially a guy that has had some hard miles in this league like Lucic.

However, if we can find a way to pick up Hall (Calgary born and raised) and let Lucic finish his contract-and likely his career in Boston, I think a lot of us would feel pretty good about that.

Lucic + Zary + Valimaki for Hall? I don't know-I'm not much of an internet GM.

Other than that, DeBrusk could be worth a laugh. It would be fun listening to his dad having to talk down about his son in order to keep his Edmonton Press credentials in tact.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red_Baron For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #52
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit I am trying to wrap my head around why any team would really want lucic at this point in his career.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #53
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah if you guys insist on trading Hanifin which I assume is because of his nationality. At least put some respect on his worth. 1st pairing dman, 25 years old with over 500 games experience already. Making 4.95 million until 2024. He is not a piece you throw in with a cap dump to get back a 30 year old, 60 point winger
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #54
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
I have to admit I am trying to wrap my head around why any team would really want lucic at this point in his career.
Nostalgia. We will take it
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #55
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Lucic goes to Boston I’m guessing we are taking more cap back and we’re not signing Kadri

Something like

Debrusk and Grzelcyk

For

Lucic and Valimaki

With Krecji back it could be 2 forwards coming from Boston

They also added Zacha

Coyle and Debrusk?
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:07 PM   #56
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
Flames just posted this 4 hours ago.
E5 trying to get Looch's reputation up for a trade

Honestly, not excited about trading Looch even if it ends up being the "right" thing to do
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:09 PM   #57
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That GS Skier post is basically trolling as an art form. Just *chefs kiss*
As a trolling aficionado, I disagree. It was artless. The best trolling is precise and delicate, like a sushi chef. That post is all meat cleaver. Utility without style.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:10 PM   #58
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
If you are running out a lot of younger guys like Arizona, Buffalo, or Anaheim. Having a guy like Lucic as a deterrent to keep teams from taking liberties on those guys has value. Plus the money owed is no huge, and come deadline with salary retention to get his cap hit down he's good depth for a playoff team.

When Monahan and Gaudreau were younger guys the Flames had Big Ern, Westgarth, and Engelland to police things.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:12 PM   #59
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No shawarma for you.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:13 PM   #60
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
On a side note. I had to stop using Microsoft Edge recently and go back to Chrome. For some reason the news feed is full of extreme right trolls spouting off racist and bigoted rhetoric in every single article. Just bizarre today's political climate. I'm a moderate / centrist so I find it really irritating that ever since Trump made it main stream these types haven't gone back to their caves yet.
Better yet, go with the Brave Browser. With Chrome, Google tracks you - it's worst than anything Microsoft puts out even though pretty much all mainstream browsers are Chromium based.

And why are we discussing political and racially-biased comments for sports anyway?
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSharp For This Useful Post: