Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2022, 10:28 PM   #641
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Saying this as someone whose had chew thrown on them and been pissed on in the shower.

That’s boys. Boys will be boys, if that upsets you, #### off.

#CPR
Deleted, but still want to say no. Hell no.

#### that. That's not a "boys" thing.

That's neglected children with serious issues between their ears doing deranged #####. The hazing described above isn't just hiccups of normal developing boys and should never be excused that way.

There's no place for subjecting other boys to #### that comes out of your body. Unless its a weird, consensual fetish thing, it's highly unlikely that any one in their right mind wants to be subjected to that.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 06:11 AM   #642
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The hits keep coming:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rwesthead...77808596193281

Westhead reporting that QC police reopening a case involving accusations about 6 players on the Gatineau olympiques, from one woman.

Emile Poirier was on this team.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:42 AM   #643
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Not just the fact that they have 15/16 year-olds moving across the country, but also having 15/16 year-olds playing on the same team as others who could be 20 or 21.......

Maybe they should make it so you can't play in the CHL until you're draft-eligible for the next NHL draft.
Now that is a great start I think. Would be tough for a top 15 year old in Anaroid Saskatchewan to find proper competition until you can join the dub, but not sure how you fix this otherwise.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:51 AM   #644
jonesy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I can't imagine ever wanting to participate in a gang bang even with a willing participant, but hey, maybe I'm just crazy.

This article, which I can no longer read, says there is a video right after the fun, the woman says to the camera, not to be paranoid, she 'loved it' and was not drunk.

The whole thing is still gross.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:15 PM   #645
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
Now that is a great start I think. Would be tough for a top 15 year old in Anaroid Saskatchewan to find proper competition until you can join the dub, but not sure how you fix this otherwise.
You don’t need to design the entire system around elite 16 year old players. They can chart their own course, already do, and will regardless. Why elite 16 year olds do not just play Junior A in their home province is absurd to me. If they dominate that league great, go to a higher level. Most will not.

As a 15 year old, kids from Aneroid drive up the road to play in the Sask AAA Midget League in Swift Current.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #646
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
If that were to happen, there would be a lot more top players in that age range playing Junior A because none of them would be able to play in the CHL. It would also likely attract better coaching to the Junior A leagues.

An interesting side effect would be that we'd likely see more Canadian kids choose the NCAA if they didn't have to commit to the CHL at 15 or 16.

If there was too much of a talent gap, there would also be the possibility of splitting the CHL into separate draft-eligible and pre-draft leagues.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:33 PM   #647
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
I can't imagine ever wanting to participate in a gang bang even with a willing participant, but hey, maybe I'm just crazy.

This article, which I can no longer read, says there is a video right after the fun, the woman says to the camera, not to be paranoid, she 'loved it' and was not drunk.

The whole thing is still gross.
"Fun" ain't the right word. And if you care to believe her, she felt coerced into the video. Who gets video evidence of consent anyway? Only someone who thinks it's a suspicious looking situation.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:55 PM   #648
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone having trouble cheering for Team Canada in the World Juniors? Knowing the organization has knowing enabled sexual offenders for years makes it pretty tough for me.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:12 PM   #649
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have never cheered for Hockey Canada the organization. I cheer for my country and the players.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 02:14 PM   #650
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
Anyone having trouble cheering for Team Canada in the World Juniors? Knowing the organization has knowing enabled sexual offenders for years makes it pretty tough for me.
I’m not wearing any of the jerseys that have the Hockey Canada logo as the primary, that’s for sure. But it’s still team Canada.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 08-12-2022 at 02:19 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 02:18 PM   #651
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
No one that I know of.

This team has nothing to do with the past.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #652
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boreal and Getbak have superb ideas. Split the CHL into younger/older, keep younger kids in the province in junior A, and stop this nonsense that really is set up to serve the top few kids who actually have a shot at the pros. Maybe it means more kids eligible for NCAA? And maybe it means less exploitation of cheap labour by owners of these CHL teams.

None of this will change until parents stop sending their kids away like this, so i'm just dreaming.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:38 PM   #653
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
You don’t need to design the entire system around elite 16 year old players. They can chart their own course, already do, and will regardless. Why elite 16 year olds do not just play Junior A in their home province is absurd to me. If they dominate that league great, go to a higher level. Most will not.

As a 15 year old, kids from Aneroid drive up the road to play in the Sask AAA Midget League in Swift Current.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
If that were to happen, there would be a lot more top players in that age range playing Junior A because none of them would be able to play in the CHL. It would also likely attract better coaching to the Junior A leagues.

An interesting side effect would be that we'd likely see more Canadian kids choose the NCAA if they didn't have to commit to the CHL at 15 or 16.

If there was too much of a talent gap, there would also be the possibility of splitting the CHL into separate draft-eligible and pre-draft leagues.
Many posts in here omitting actual facts. The WHL has had one 15 year old rostered player in the last 25 years, that being Connor Bedard last season. The league has very few 16 year olds, most teams with only one or two. The AJHL can only roster one 16 year old.

Parents are shipping their kids off the academies starting at age 13. More and more academies means more and more parents willing to spend 10's of thousands of dollars so their kid can live at a school or with billets and play hockey. So to insist sending kids away to play junior hockey "at 15" is the problem is not entirely the case and not even factual. Outside of the cities, AAA U17 programs are essentially run like Jr A programs. Players billeted out and team activities 3- 4 times a week and on the road every other weekend.

The problem is not the league or the coaches or being away from home, or the time in the dressing room, it is the entitlement. Entitled kids, be it that they live at home or at a school or with a billet in another city, are going to continue being entitled as long as their parents (and Hockey Canada) continue to entitle them. And being that most hockey players, especially at the elite levels are rich white kids, the level of entitlement can be off the charts.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #654
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
Well, the process of elimination to find the true identity of jonesy just had another name crossed off the list:

Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:14 AM   #655
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things seem to have gone silent on this...I wonder if there will be any developments before training camp/season start?

An angle that I don't recall discussed here is that Jake Bean (son of CSEC CEO John Bean) was on the team...his agent's statement was very similar to Dube's (weak):

https://globalnews.ca/news/8935781/h...yer-responses/

Quote:
“We act for one of the players referenced in your email inquiry and have consulted with counsel for the other players you reference. All of Global News’ questions will be asked and answered during the pending NHL investigation. That said, none of the players you reference engaged in any wrongdoing, all of the players cooperated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, and all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing,” Fenton wrote.

“Naming any of these players now, or attempting to associate any of them in any way with alleged criminal wrongdoing, or alleging that they were not cooperative with the London Police or willing to cooperate with Hockey Canada, will constitute materially false statements constituting defamation causing serious financial and reputational harm.”
Fenton also represents: Hart, Clague, Bean, Kyrou, Raddysh, and netminder Colton Point (who was not in the CHL)

Not sure if there were subsequent stronger statements from any of them?

It seems possible that the Flames could have a bit more of an inside track on knowing whether Dubé was one of the accused or not (via Bean), though of course if Bean were also one of the accused he may deny everything to his own family, too. But if he wasn't involved, he likely knows who was, and could at least give his dad an inkling whether Dubé was or not.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #656
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is the thing, if all of these players are on the same page as saying they did nothing wrong then nothing can come of this. I think that is what we might be seeing here.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #657
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Here is the thing, if all of these players are on the same page as saying they did nothing wrong then nothing can come of this. I think that is what we might be seeing here.
You're aware that just because someone who commits a crime denies it, they can still face punishment right?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:47 AM   #658
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
It seems possible that the Flames could have a bit more of an inside track on knowing whether Dubé was one of the accused or not (via Bean), though of course if Bean were also one of the accused he may deny everything to his own family, too. But if he wasn't involved, he likely knows who was, and could at least give his dad an inkling whether Dubé was or not.
I'd be very surprised if the names of every player who was in that room aren't widely known by every owner/GM/coach in the NHL.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #659
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
You're aware that just because someone who commits a crime denies it, they can still face punishment right?
For sure, but I think I am on the opposite side of the same coin. Firstly, I don't really take too much from the players' statements. Unless someone says "I wasn't there, I was somewhere else and I can prove it", I just don't read too much in those statements. Secondly, I am just not sure the NHL does anything with this. Chalk that up to old boys club or concluding reasonable doubt, I don't see the major punishment (like more than 10 games) coming from the NHL. They have been completely devoid of reason from in-game infractions and punishment, so I don't see them taking a firm stand on this stuff. Where the NHLPA is on this stuff is also a bit of a mystery to me.

I could be way off on this, but I think it much more likely that the criminal/police investigation plays out with nothing happening and then the NHL follows up with nothing happening.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #660
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
So if all these guys are saying they did nothing wrong exactly how do you think they will face punishment? On what evidence? The police did an investigation and didn't find any. You think if a person accuses a bunch of people of wrongdoing and they deny it and there is no evidence except her word against theirs they will face punishment? That is not how this works.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote