Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #241
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
That's what he said. I totally expect him to honor that.

Whatever else you said has nothing to do with his donation. He said he'd pay. I sent him the video.

Will wait for the donation.
lol go ahead and wait and if Iggy goes ahead and donates then good on him but if he didn’t I certainly wouldn’t be offended. This entire thread is a gong show and it’s of your creation whether you recognize or see it that way is really irregardless to me.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #242
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
lol go ahead and wait and if Iggy goes ahead and donates then good on him but if he didn’t I certainly wouldn’t be offended. This entire thread is a gong show and it’s of your creation whether you recognize or see it that way is really irregardless to me.
That's not being honest with yourself. A lost bet is a lost bet.

You'd be outraged if I didn't pay.

I fully expect Iggy_oi to pay though he seems like a stand up guy. And it's for a charity that needs the money.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:44 PM   #243
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea but it was a bet born out of coercion. If the cause really means that much to you and you really meant the bet from a good place then why not match the donation to show your goodwill? As it sits right now it looks like your stance was backed into a corner and when people called you a bull####ter you countered with this crazy bet narrative and used a charity to pressure the poster to follow through if you presented a video… that you said you would provide to begin with… that you reneged on because??? It’s actually so unbelievably farcical that I’m compelled enough to respond in this manner.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #244
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yea but it was a bet born out of coercion. If the cause really means that much to you and you really meant the bet from a good place then why not match the donation to show your goodwill? As it sits right now it looks like your stance was backed into a corner and when people called you a bull####ter you countered with this crazy bet narrative and used a charity to pressure the poster to follow through if you presented a video… that you said you would provide to begin with… that you reneged on because??? It’s actually so unbelievably farcical that I’m compelled enough to respond in this manner.

I was called a liar. I didn't want to link the video on CP but figured if the posters calling me a liar and bull####ter actually believed it I would at least get something for a charity I cared about.

There was no coercion at all. That is a blatant lie. I wasn't going to send the video unless someone would put their money where their mouth was.

Someone did. Waiting for the charity to get a nice donation now.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #245
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saying this is how I perceived it, maybe I’m wrong as an unbiased observer but it’s how it came across…? Again if the charity really means that much to you why not show a donation to encourage others to ‘follow through.’ Mentioned it numerous times and you just overlook it.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #246
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just saying this is how I perceived it, maybe I’m wrong as an unbiased observer but it’s how it came across…? Again if the charity really means that much to you why not show a donation to encourage others to ‘follow through.’ Mentioned it numerous times and you just overlook it.
Because I do donate to charities all the time and because I don't need to encourage anyone to follow through with a bet? Do you hear yourself...you are 100% a biased observer.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:04 PM   #247
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There is a video on Facebook so will try and upload it here later on today.
We are still waiting for this commitment from your second post to be fulfilled.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:07 PM   #248
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 06:17 PM   #249
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because I do donate to charities all the time and because I don't need to encourage anyone to follow through with a bet? Do you hear yourself...you are 100% a biased observer.
Prove it - post receipts of all your donations, or refuse and instead send $250 to Chris Snow's charity with valid proof of donation.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:17 PM   #250
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Let me explain it so you can see it from my point of view. You come up with two sums of money in a bet to ‘prove’ your not full of ####. You offer 5000 dollars which is a considerable sum to ‘prove’ how serious you are and you even offer to transfer the funds to a poster of UCB’s choosing (all on a Internet forum which is beyond ridiculous to me but hey maybe I’m old fashioned). The payment you make if you ‘prove’ yourself wrong is considerable and the payment if you ‘prove’ yourself right (by providing a video that you offered to provide freely prior to this outlandish scale/bet you presented) actually now is much more considerable because if a poster chose not to pay you the 250 who’s really going to be outraged at the poster if they didn’t ‘follow through’ with paying you. But if they ‘reneg’ on not paying the charity of your choice by your own words that would make them not a ‘stand up person’ because you yourself said you think Iggy_oi will pay on the bet/charity you choose because he’s quote ‘a stand up guy’. I’m hearing myself 100 present and I stick to my label of what this bet is, it’s one born out of coercion because 1 the scale/payout is set to an outlandish disparity in payouts and the payout that ‘favours’ you now is to be payed to a charity and if the payer doesn’t pay well I guess that makes them not ‘stand-up’ at least in your eyes.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 11-27-2021 at 06:19 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 06:19 PM   #251
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Prove it - post receipts of all your donations, or refuse and instead send $250 to Chris Snow's charity with valid proof of donation.
I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone on CP. Totally irrelevant to the thread.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #252
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need to add a poll - should this thread be locked?
Old 11-27-2021, 06:21 PM   #253
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Put it in a museum
Old 11-27-2021, 06:21 PM   #254
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone on CP. Totally irrelevant to the thread.
Clearly - and that is why we are still continuing to talk in circles. Ironic.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:23 PM   #255
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Let me explain it so you can see it from my point of view. You come up with two sums of money in a bet to ‘prove’ your not full of ####. You offer 5000 dollars which is a considerable sum to ‘prove’ how serious you are and you even offer to transfer the funds to a poster of UCB’s choosing (all on a Internet forum which is beyond ridiculous to me but hey maybe I’m old fashioned). The payment you make if you ‘prove’ yourself wrong is considerable and the payment if you ‘prove’ yourself right (by providing a video that you offered to provide freely prior to this outlandish scale/bet you presented) actually now is much more considerable because if a poster chose not to pay you the 250 who’s really going to be outraged at the poster if they didn’t ‘follow through’ with paying you. But if they ‘reneg’ on not paying the charity of your choice by your own words that would make them not a ‘stand up person’ because you yourself said you think Iggy_oi will pay on the bet/charity you choose because he’s quote ‘a stand up guy’. I’m hearing myself 100 present and I stick to my label of what this bet is, it’s one born out of coercion because 1 the scale/payout is set to an outlandish disparity in payouts and the payout that ‘favours’ you now is to be payed to a charity and if the payer doesn’t pay well I guess that makes them not ‘stand-up’ at least in your eyes.

Ridiculous.
What a ridiculous take. Read back. I offered to send my $5000 to a long time poster on CP.

All I heard were crickets.

How is the bet favorable to me? I would be the one losing money and not gaining anything. You're making 0 sense.

He lost the bet. He should pay. Simple as that.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:23 PM   #256
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:
Icon32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Yes, and mod edit the bull#### title first.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 06:24 PM   #257
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Clearly - and that is why we are still continuing to talk in circles. Ironic.
Do you think iggy_oi should pay $250 to charity for his lost bet? Yes or no.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #258
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What a ridiculous take. Read back. I offered to send my $5000 to a long time poster on CP.

All I heard were crickets.

How is the bet favorable to me? I would be the one losing money and not gaining anything. You're making 0 sense.

He lost the bet. He should pay. Simple as that.
Talk about ridiculous takes.

/thread
Old 11-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #259
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Frankly don't care if he pays, but either way, until you prove he lost the bet it doesn't matter anyway
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #260
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote: