Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #4841
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m surprised that no one has predicted this already so you heard it hear first! *attempts captain crunch’s style of writing*

Dani eventually kills Cersei and wins the throne. But the uprising in the Rumors that Jon is the true heir (and he went ahead and told his family, going against her wishes) drove her to have Sansa and Jon assassinated. Dani also turns on Tyrion in more paranoia, as he’s still a Lannister, sharing the same blood as Tywin and Cersei and have him executed. She also suppresses the uprising in the North. The Targarian Madness is developed in Dani

Ayra escapes and in the final episode, we see her kill Dani and assumes her identity as Queen. The final scene shows Arya in her chambers at night and then sees the impossible figure of her Dad, Ned Stark, walk through the Royal hallways, past her chambers. “Father? FATHER??” she races down, without a care that someone has spotted her as Arya Stark. She weaves through hallways until she sees this figure in a room, back turned to Arya and facing the roaring fire in the fire place. “Father?” She cautiously steps towards him. She turns him around and it is Ned Stark (yes, a Sean Bean cameo). She hugs him and asks how is this possible. He replies, “Arya, I have missed you so much and I am so proud of you”. Arya smiles and hugs him tighter. “Because the throne belongs to no one...” Arya pulls back in confusion and then feels a dagger through her heart. “You have pleased the many faced god” and Ned pulls his face to reveal as Jaqen H'ghar. Arya’s lifeless body hits the floor and H’ghar takes the face of Dani before her body pools out it’s blood. H’ghar sits on the iron throne with a smirk as he switches to Dani’s face.

Bran watches the whole thing in horror from warging as a raven. He drops his head in sadness knowing he is now alone

Last edited by Scorch; 05-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #4842
Boo Radley
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
I’m surprised that no one has predicted this already so you heard it hear first! *attempts captain crunch’s style of writing*

Dani eventually kills Cersei and wins the throne. But the uprising in the Rumors that Jon is the true heir (and he went ahead and told his family, going against her wishes) drove her to have Sansa and Jon assassinated. Dani also turns on Tyrion in more paranoia, as he’s still a Lannister, sharing the same blood as Tywin and Cersei and have him executed. She also suppresses the uprising in the North. The Targarian Madness is developed in Dani

Ayra escapes and in the final episode, we see her kill Dani and assumes her identity as Queen. The final scene shows Arya in her chambers at night and then sees the impossible figure of her Dad, Ned Stark, walk through the Royal hallways, past her chambers. “Father? FATHER??” she races down, without a care that someone has spotted her as Arya Stark. She weaves through hallways until she sees this figure in a room, back turned to Arya and facing the roaring fire in the fire place. “Father?” She cautiously steps towards him. She turns him around and it is Ned Stark (yes, a Sean Bean cameo). She hugs him and asks how is this possible. He replies, “Arya, I have missed you so much and I am so proud of you”. Arya smiles and hugs him tighter. “Because the throne belongs to no one...” Arya pulls back in confusion and then feels a dagger through her heart. “You have pleased the many faced god” and Ned pulls his face to reveal as Jaqen H'ghar. Arya’s lifeless body hits the floor and H’ghar takes the face of Dani before her body pools out it’s blood. H’ghar sits on the iron throne with a smirk as he switches to Dani’s face.

Bran watches the whole thing in horror from warging as a raven. He drops his head in sadness knowing he is now alone

I agree with all of this with one change. When we see Bran we are immediately back at Season 1 where Bran wakes up in bed. Everything that has occurred were his dreams while unconscious based on the stories of old Nan. Seated beside Bran is the new Grand Maester of Winterfell (played by Bob Newhart).

Max Ehrmann
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boo Radley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #4843
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

These crackpot theories are lame.

Anyways, what I really want to happen is Grey Worm and Varys get to talking and realize that dudes with no junk get no respect, no respect I tells ya, and after the dust is settled and the iron throne decided they kill everyone else one by one and rule together. The end.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #4844
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
well then that means all the wights and walkers were specifically under the Night King's power and not the Great Other, unless you also believe that they are one and the same, and a primordial deity can be vanquished with a stab to the gut. either way, pretty sure the fantasy lore portion of the show is all wrapped up, so we'll just have to go with head canon to keep ourselves satisfied.
Bran is the human self destruct button. They said so in the show
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #4845
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I agree with all of this with one change. When we see Bran we are immediately back at Season 1 where Bran wakes up in bed. Everything that has occurred were his dreams while unconscious based on the stories of old Nan. Seated beside Bran is the new Grand Maester of Winterfell (played by Bob Newhart).
I also agree with that but then the next scene shows the Baratheon King and house Lannister’s Royal Caravan coming into winterfell. Robert hops off his horse and greets the Stark Family with Bran shouting “nooooooooo!” As he sees Cersei stepping out too, recalling all the memories of her years of tyranny..

From behind Bran, walks out a figure and winks at Bran. “Don’t worry kid, I got this. I’m Family”. A confused and defensive Ned Stark asks this stranger, “I have never met you, who are you?”. The stranger puts away his sunglasses and says “I, am Ironman”. The black Sabbath soundtrack hits as Tony suits up with his bleeding edge armor. Rockets are fired at the Lannister caravans and before anyone can react, Tony sweeps a laser at Cersei, and decapitates her in a clean cut. “Trust me, this may seem horrible, but I’m saving the 7 kingdoms a lot of grief for what I’m about to do”. Tony lines up, squares his shoulders and punts Young Joffrey so hard, he flies over the Castle walls. Tony flies away and complete silence blankets the crowd in disbelief. Tyrion breaks out a laughter as he gulps a cup of wine

Tony flies at Mach speed dropping smart bombs at Walder Frey’s house, Bolton’s house and lastly but not least, Tywin’s castle. “Aww what the heck? Tony nukes all of Casterly Rock.

Tony then drops in on the Night King, who is in the middle of converting one of the wildling babies to one of his white walkers. The Night King steps back in defense and draws his ice Lance. “Along with fire, dragon glass and valyrian steel, You know what I just found out you’re vulnerable to?” Tony asks. The Night King lunges at him with his lance. Tony grins, “...unibeams”. A big cylinder of energy engulfs the Night King and incinerates him in the process.

Tony then scribbles in the sky with smoke “YOU’RE WELCOME” and then disappears back to his multiverse.

Post credit scene: Tom Holland shows up too late and asks the nearest stranger where he is. Little finger replies, “why a place where all your dreams come true, rich young noble” as he guides him through the brothel doors
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:09 PM   #4846
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

It’s so obvious ... every one dies except Bronn, who after the carnage walks up to the iron throne sits on it and says “well this is much better than double.”
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #4847
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That'll be an awkward conversation with Jamie and Euron both wondering who the dad is with Cersie standing there, "uhm...ah..." and us wondering how she doesn't look pregnant after the months it took Jamie to go to Winterfell and back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I think Euron figures out Cersei's lies, and then bails and dies in a final showdown with Yara.
How Dany can spring the whole thing on Euron and win the battle...
Spoiler!
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #4848
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I thought this episode was every bit as bad as episode 3, but was less soul destroying for me because you can only have a ninja kill the NK once.

A solid half hour to 45 minutes of nothing happening as everyone celebrates with Starbucks in Winterfell - one hookup and one rejection, followed by a bunch of nonsensical stuff.

No one thought to try out Arya on Cersei except Arya herself? Tyrion, Jon, Varys - no one recognizes the awesome powers of the ninja?
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #4849
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

R'hllor will cancel final exams and award House Dragonpuff 100 points.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #4850
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Apart from Theon, the show has done a real disservice to the Greyjoys compared to Martin's material. They excluded a lot of their story, which is a shame because the show-runners have made Euron a major part of the end, even though he is one of the most incomplete characters to appear on the show.

Too bad.
Maybe it's because the book builds up Euron to the point only a guy like Daniel Day Lewis could do the role justice? As a person that doesn't read the books I don't mind the actor as he's got those crazy Raffi Torres eyes and that smug smile that you just want to slap off his face but I get the feeling that the books portray him more as a more dark, sinister character as opposed to the cocky scumbag on the show. For sure he's incomplete though but you could say that for a lot of stuff this season and last as they just ran out of time to tell the story with the detail of the first 6 seasons.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #4851
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just finished season 4, this show is way to easy to binge watch btw.

I thought this was an amazing season, not quite as strong as season 1 and 2, but it was pretty incredible.

The battle at the wall, they've really captured the brutality of basically medieval warfare. Far too many movies show these sword on sword duels, but I remember reading a book a while ago on ancient battles, and they were rarely steel on steel, but flesh on flesh with the sword being used as a finishing tool. They captured this nicely.

Did anyone else get misty when Ygritte exited stage left. I know I sniffled a bit.

Loved me some giants with huge bows and arrows.

Joffrey died in a way that he should have died. I don't know how much you can blame him because clearly he was a victim of some family romping insanity juice. Tommin seems too nice to be the king.

I was really almost past the point of caring about Bran and his Frodo journey, but at the end running into the Child of the Forest among the dead and the old man with a thousand eyes who is going to train him is interesting.

Jaimie is going through a real story of redemption, but he still wants to bang his sister, its so strange.

Poor Tyrion goes through that trial, watches his champion get his head ripped apart, and gets betrayed by Shae. There was a certain satisfaction in seeing him murder her and Tywin. However I'm really kind of saddened because Tywin was the most corrupt and dignified monster that I've ever seen and Charles Dance was so good in that role.

Cercei is really walking down a deep path to madness after Joffrey's death.

Poor hound, beneath the nasty exterior he really was trying to protect Arya, I'm making the prediction that he's not done yet, nor is the Mountain who's undergoing some kind of weird necromancy.

Loved the fight between Brienne and The Hound. It started out as this really nice sword fight and quickly devolved into a brawl with ball shots, kicks to the nether regions, ears getting bitten off. So good.

Dany's I think she's really too much of a gentle heart right now, and she's paying for it as she keeps trying to set everything right and then getting everything wrong.

Great season, looking forward to starting season 5 this weekend.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #4852
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

^^^

This review makes me really miss the old GoT
It was full of twists, but ones that made sense and had been built up through the narrative. Now we just get randomness for the sake of it. There's a difference between a week written twist and something random happening just for the sake of defying the audiences expectations.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #4853
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
^^^

this review makes me really miss the old got
it was full of twists, but ones that made sense and had been built up through the narrative. Now we just get randomness for the sake of it. There's a difference between a week written twist and something random happening just for the sake of defying the audiences expectations.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1122700233153110017

Character development and thoughtful plot went out the window a long time ago. The show is just spectacle at this point without regard for logic or pacing.

That last episode was the pits and most of the season just feels like cheap fan service. So many instances of things that made absolutely no sense. Like, a room full of military strategists just forgetting that their enemy had complete naval dominance, you know since the last time the crazy pirate sunk your entire fleet, but we'll split up our forces and go by sea anyways. Euron going full God mode pirates of the carribean and aim bot killing dragons at will. Dragons not being able to see Euron's ships at all but still have line of sight to shoot the dragons. Bran supposedly knows everything but can't be bothered to maybe scout out Kings Landing for the characters. So many stupid wrap ups for story lines that are completely uncharacteristic for the characters... /rant

Last edited by FlameOn; 05-07-2019 at 07:31 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #4854
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Until the latter half of season 7 (and continuing into season 8) I would have suggested that GOT was in the convo for best series ever.

Not anymore, too bad the creators Benioff and Weiss have only themselves and their demonstrably brutal writing skills to blame.

What a laughable debacle. A sad disappointment. Some are now comparing GOT to Lost.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:46 PM   #4855
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Old 05-07-2019, 12:03 AM   #4856
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Until the latter half of season 7 (and continuing into season 8) I would have suggested that GOT was in the convo for best series ever.

Not anymore, too bad the creators Benioff and Weiss have only themselves and their demonstrably brutal writing skills to blame.

What a laughable debacle. A sad disappointment. Some are now comparing GOT to Lost.
Let's not get carried away. I still really find GoT entertaining.. Just have to shut off my mind a bit. We're also comparing the latter seasons to the first ones, which were some of the most intricately written stories of all time.

Lost was just trash once they actually started revealing the mysteries.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #4857
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Let's not get carried away. I still really find GoT entertaining.. Just have to shut off my mind a bit. We're also comparing the latter seasons to the first ones, which were some of the most intricately written stories of all time.

Lost was just trash once they actually started revealing the mysteries.
Agreed. The Battle for Winterfell (at least on my plasmas) was beautifully filmed, right up there with Blackwater and Bastards for effects and drama.

But man the storylines have gone off the cliff.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:37 AM   #4858
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post

That episode was so disappointing. Everything about the story was amateur and the writing was just plain terrible.

“You’re not flying to Kings Landing”
“No I’ll take the horse”
“Why?”
“So the dragon can die when I’m not on it”
“Wanna pet your boi?”
“Nah”

And then this...climate change hit Kings Landing I guess....?

Spoiler!

Episode 3 had its flaws, but it was awesome, so they get a pass. This
one was just a disaster.

Other gripes:
- Misandrae gets captured, but the others on the ships don’t.
- They look remarkably fine just having come off the beach.
- Cersei has so much firepower against this little rinkydink group, kills the personal assistant.
- Tormund...”Well see ya, we gotta wrap up our storyline quick”
- Incredible aim for the first dragon and then Storm Trooper level aim at the other.

I’m not full of hope for the remaining two episodes.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:06 AM   #4859
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^
I'm still enjoying the show, but I can't disagree with anything in that account of where it's at. I accept that it has entered into a different stage and is much more fluff than before, but it has to wrap up some time and needs to move quick to do that. In some ways, you could say the show has been crippled by a massive budget.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:09 AM   #4860
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit: double post

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote