Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #2821
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Game of Thrones Season 7 - Game of Reunions

Easily one of, if not the most engaging episodes of the entire series. Was hooked on every scene, every quip, ever line, ever glance, it was brilliant. There are so many little things that made that a fun episode and important episode but it was great to see Ser Davos being a smuggler again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
A supergroup consisting of: Jon Snow (undead), The Hound, Tormund Giantsbane, Lord Beric Dondarrion (undead), Ser Davos Seaworth, Thoros of Myr, and Gendry "I swing a big ####ing hammer" (Baratheon).

That's one helluva group of hardened badasses. Should be fun.
What a super group!

Man, Gendry showing up put a huge smile on my face which only got wider as he picked up that massive hammer and took it with him. Something else happened when he swung that hammer and killed the two gold cloaks, I'd tell you but I don't want to put a hole in my armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
How did Sam not pick up on the Rhagaer annulment thing?
Sam was ranting and raving and wasn't at all paying attention to his little wilding bride sadly, doubt he heard a word she said at that point. Ultimately that little tidbit will end up being fan service, it doesn't matter who is who or who has a claim at this point. Dany isn't going to give up the throne because Jon is rightful heir, even if the heir does have great hair.

Endless amount of things to touch on, what an episode.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #2822
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 PM   #2823
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
[B][SIZE=4]
Sam was ranting and raving and wasn't at all paying attention to his little wilding bride sadly, doubt he heard a word she said at that point. Ultimately that little tidbit will end up being fan service, it doesn't matter who is who or who has a claim at this point. Dany isn't going to give up the throne because Jon is rightful heir, even if the heir does have great hair.

Endless amount of things to touch on, what an episode.

i saw the scene too, I'm aware he wasn't listening because Gilly was going on about steps and stool samples and his mind was elsewhere. I already addressed this and I meant it was a tease for the viewer to see that information put out there and not have Sam pick up on it.

And if you think Jon's lineage doesn't matter, you're mistaken. It is probably the biggest revelation in the entire series, for viewers (many of whom haven't picked up on it yet due to the complexity of the storylines) and for the characters. It has nothing to do with him taking the throne from Dany either.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #2824
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
i saw the scene too, I'm aware he wasn't listening because Gilly was going on about steps and stool samples and his mind was elsewhere. I already addressed this and I meant it was a tease for the viewer to see that information put out there and not have Sam pick up on it.
Well that's one oddly defensive reply. All good?

Quote:
And if you think Jon's lineage doesn't matter, you're mistaken. It is probably the biggest revelation in the entire series, for viewers (many of whom haven't picked up on it yet due to the complexity of the storylines) and for the characters. It has nothing to do with him taking the throne from Dany either.
Maybe I am!
Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #2825
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, in the group going north of the wall you have a Ranger, a Cleric with some good healing spells and weapons buffs, a Barbarian, some high level Fighters, and maybe support from a Druid. That's a pretty well rounded party for the types on encounters they'll likely have in this campaign.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #2826
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

So will Jorah get to meet his feisty niece (relative anyway) if he survives the trip beyond the wall and makes a stop at Winterfell before he goes back to Dany?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #2827
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I'm starting to grieve the end of the season and the long wait ahead.
Winter is coming
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:29 AM   #2828
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Major fangasm when Gilly said that Rhaegar's original marriage was annulled for another "secret" marriage.

Biggest revelation in Game of Thrones was completely brushed off by Sam who decided to vent about poop instead. Lmfao.

Gilly basically nonchalantly and indirectly confirmed that Jon Snow is in fact not a bastard, and the rightful heir to the seven kingdoms. But of course none of the characters have any ####ing clue.

Tonight was an embarrassment of riches for the fans.

"I thought you'd still be rowing"

HA.
*raises glass to the writers*
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 01:44 AM   #2829
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Information will come up at Jon and Dany's wedding. Can see she is falling for him.
It's funny and awkward, because she has this old flame in Jorah and melted upon his return. But at the same time is crushing hard on Snow and his dragon-taming prowess and solemn brooding poses. And now the two are carrying out missions together, so it's like Jorah and Daario all over again.

The appeal of keeping the throne bloodline pure will ultimately win Dany over, though. Since royal incest is the current fad and all.

Poor Jorah.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #2830
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else wish that this season was spread out over 2-3 seasons instead of how quickly we are going through everything.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #2831
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So will Jorah get to meet his feisty niece (relative anyway) if he survives the trip beyond the wall and makes a stop at Winterfell before he goes back to Dany?
She's his cousin. His father and her mother were brother and sister.

If Jon's group is successful (and they'll have to be if we want an eighth season), I wonder if they'll go south over land or by sea? Jon returning to Winterfell could ease some tension there, which is why it probably won't happen.

If they do head to Winterfell, there could be a lot of reunions. The Mormont cousins (although, they've likely never met before); Arya and Gendry; Arya & Sansa and the Hound; Brienne and the Hound; Jon and Arya & Bran.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #2832
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Littlefinger sure is a dangerous bugger. Question is whether or not Arya will take the bait. You would think she could figure out that he's trying to manipulate her or that he obtained that paper as some form of leverage over Sansa. Why else would he go to all the trouble of acquiring it? Are her suspicious emotions towards Sansa enough to cloud her perception? Kind of a big gamble by Littlefinger.

Great episode anyways. Dany is looking more like a nut than ever. The whole, 'bend your knees or my dragon burns you' schtick is a far cry from her role as 'breaker of chains'. Must have a lot of pent-up desire for some knee bending as a result of Jon holding out on her.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #2833
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
She's his cousin. His father and her mother were brother and sister.

She's his aunt. Rhaegar was Daenerys' brother.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #2834
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm betting that Gilly brought the book with her otherwise what is the point of her character anymore?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #2835
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
She's his aunt. Rhaegar was Daenerys' brother.

He's talking about Mormont
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #2836
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not one to complain to much about this show but I kind of found it lame how Bronn and Jamie just popped out of the water after everyone left. Jamie Lannister just tried to kill Daenerys and she just picks up and walk away with her dragon after seeing him tossed into the water next to them? Surely she would have had the dragon boil that water to ensure they don't come out? Also how long can these men hold their breaths? That seen was a little too much Fast & Furious for me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 07:39 AM   #2837
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a great episode with so much going on. I loved the return of Gendry with Davos' line about rowing and the scene with Jon Snow and the dragon was one of the best moments in the entire series. I'm also very curious what Cersei has planned for her meeting with Dany and if she is actually pregnant or if it was just a ploy to keep Jamie by her side.

My only problem was how easily Jamie survived death and escaped however we still got a Jamie and Tyrion reunion so it is only a minor nit pick.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #2838
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Where's Ghost?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #2839
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Where's Ghost?
Eaten by the Drogon CGI budget.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #2840
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really wish Dany had asked Jorah how and who healed him of the Greyscale.
Jorah: "Samwell Tarly at Old Town healed me"
Dany: "Funny, we just ran into some Tarlys"
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote