Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2014-15 Prospects Calendar

Flames Junior/College Prospect Playing Calendar: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/

Junior/College Prospects include: Bennet, DeBlow, Gillies, Janowski, Gilmour, Harrison, Hickey, Kanzig, Carroll, Klimchuk, MacDonald, Roy and Smith

Flames Pro Prospect Playing Calendar: http://teamup.com/ks088f12e8c6343c6e/

Pro Prospects are Calgary Flames, Adirondack Flames and Colorado Eagles

Helpful Instructions

All times have been entered converted to Mountain Time. I have set the calendar that if you are outside of Mountain Time, it should detect it and update the times accordingly. There is a day, week, month, list and agenda view. You can set it to whatever you find easiest to read. It is set to default show month view starting September 1st. Once September ends, I will update it to show it for October and etc.

For some days where there are many games (mostly weekends), there is a "+ x more" button on the day that you can click to see all scheduled games.

On the left hand side are the players/teams that are in the calendar. If you only want to look for a specific player/team, you can click on the names of those you don't want to see and it will take them out and leave only the ones you want to see.

For Apple users, you can create an app icon on your device to link directly to this calendar. To do this:

1) In Safari, go to this link: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/ http://teamup.com/ks088f12e8c6343c6e
2) Click on the box with an arrow pointing up icon
3) Click on "Add To Home Screen"
4) An app named "Flames Prospects Playing Calendar" will now be on your home screen

For Android users, you can also create an app icon on your device. To do this:

1) Open to link: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/ http://teamup.com/ks088f12e8c6343c6e
2) Click on the settings button (3 dots) and press the star button beside bookmarks
3) If you'd like, you can edit the name of the bookmark
4) Go to Browser Settings Menu and select "Bookmarks"
5) Press and hold the bookmark for the Prospects Calendar until the pop-up screen of options comes up
6) Select from the menu "Add to Home Screen"
7) The icon for the bookmark should now be on your home screen

Quote:
ORIGINAL POST - I have some time on my hands as I'm currently off work due to injury and going stir crazy so I figured I would take a stab at making a Prospects Calendar. I found an online calendar which I can put up and then everyone could either access it from there OR download it into their own personal calendar or (I believe) device.

I can put 10 different teams so I wanted to know the consensus of which prospects/teams we want to see. This was my preliminary list:

Adirondack Flames - Kenny Agostino, Bill Arnold, Michael Ferland, Sven Baertschi, Ben Hanowski, Max Reinart, Joni Ortio, Markus Granlund, Johnny Gaudreau, Corban Knight, Emile Poirer, Brett Kulak, Eric Roy, Patrick Sieloff (Note: I probably forgot names and added names some disagree with. Lets call it "For illustration purposes only" since it would be players no longer in Juniors or College)

Kingston Fronetiacs - Sam Bennett

Providence College - Mark Jankowski, Jon Gillies

Regina Pats - Morgan Klimchuk

Alaska Aces - Turner Elston, David Eddy

Victoria Royals - Keenan Kanzig

Charlottetown Islanders - Mason McDonald

Oshawa Generals - Hunter Smith

That gives me 8 so I could add two more. Suggestions?

Last edited by Drury18; 08-27-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Putting the links and instructions for the calendars in the first post rather then buried
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boston University - Brandon Hickey
Michigan State - Matt DeBlouw
Colgate University - Tim Harrison

I don't know if people want the first two, but I'd be interested in Harrison.

Rafikov and Ollas-Mattsson (don't know their teams this season) might be good ideas as well.

Gilmour should be added next to Providence.

If Eric Roy returns to Brandon that may be another one as well.

Last edited by mile; 07-13-2014 at 11:30 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here are the only other North American prospects not on your list:
  • Michigan State University - Matt DeBlouw
  • Brandon Wheat Kings - Eric Roy
  • Colgate University - Tim Harrison
  • Boston University - Brandon Hickey
Of those four, Hickey is probably the most likely to play in Calgary at some point in his career.

You could take out Adirondack and Alaska and just keep it at the drafted players who are still at the junior and college level. Then, you could do another one that has the Aces, A.Flames, and C.Flames schedules for the pro-level guys.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post

Rafikov and Ollas-Mattsson (don't know their teams this season) might be good ideas as well.
Would love to add both, however for the Russian and Swedish junior teams to big clubs, it's almost impossible to find schedules. I've been on both sites and you can barely get a roster or news. (Rafikov is Jr Team B Yaroslav Lokomotiv, Ollas-Mattsson is junior U20 Djurgården).

Quote:
You could take out Adirondack and Alaska and just keep it at the drafted players who are still at the junior and college level. Then, you could do another one that has the Aces, A.Flames, and C.Flames schedules for the pro-level guys.
I think I might do that. There seems to be a "Big 10" for the teams with prospects so I might leave out Adirondack and Alaska to do a specific Junior/College calendar.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Austin Carroll plays on Victoria as well, does he not?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Yes he does
Old 07-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Austin Carroll plays on Victoria as well, does he not?
Don't think he will be this season.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would love if this was done, we can sticky it too and remove that other topic I made from last year..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm working on it right now! It will take a little longer because I can't cleanly transfer in calendar files but I should have it done in a week.

So far, I have it able to be colour coded by team/player and can confirm that for Apple users, it will be available as an "app" where you have an icon on the phone, click it, and the calendar will open up completely separate from your own personal/work calendar so no beeping reminders or messing up your other calendars. Currently looking into if the same can be done for an Android (don't own one, don't know alot about them, trying to get a buddy to help me out on that part of it).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #10
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got it done a lot earlier then expected due to heat and construction work overnight that kept me awake all night.

Here's the link to the Flames Prospect Playing Calendar: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/

All times have been entered converted to Mountain Time. I have set the calendar that if you are outside of Mountain Time, it should detect it and update the times accordingly. There is a day, week, month, list and agenda view. You can set it to whatever you find easiest to read. It is set to default show month view starting September 1st. Once September ends, I will update it to show it for October and etc.

For some days where there are many games (mostly weekends), there is a "+ x more" button on the day that you can click to see all scheduled games.

On the left hand side are the players/teams that are in the calendar. If you only want to look for a specific player, you can click on the names of those you don't want to see and it will take them out and leave only the ones you want to see. The colours for the players/teams do not match school/team colours. I wanted to do this, however too many teams use blue and red and it would be difficult to distinguish in the calendar so I just went with the assigned colours to have visual difference.

A number of the college/university games are "TBA" as that is how it was listed on the school site. I will keep an eye out for updates and put them in as I can find them. I've also put in some of the special exhibition games and tournaments as I thought they might be interesting to some.

For Apple users, you can create an app icon on your device to link directly to this calendar. To do this:

1) In Safari, go to this link: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/
2) Click on the box with an arrow pointing up icon
3) Click on "Add To Home Screen"
4) An app named "Flames Prospects Playing Calendar" will now be on your home screen

For Android users, you can also create an app icon on your device. To do this:

1) Open to link: http://teamup.com/ks1605ebe85bacf1ff/
2) Click on the settings button (3 dots) and press the star button beside bookmarks
3) If you'd like, you can edit the name of the bookmark
4) Go to Browser Settings Menu and select "Bookmarks"
5) Press and hold the bookmark for the Prospects Calendar until the pop-up screen of options comes up
6) Select from the menu "Add to Home Screen"
7) The icon for the bookmark should now be on your home screen

(Note: I tried this with an older Samsung Galaxy that my friend had. I'm not proficient in Android's so this may not work on newer ones. If not, I'm hoping someone on the forum has an Android and knowledge and willing to jump in and help on this)

As always, if you have any questions or comments or find things that need tweaking (all games were entered manually so it's possible I made an error), please let me know. Hopefully this covers what the majority are looking for in the Prospects Calendar.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
jaymac106
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks for all your work D18m greatly appreciated!!
jaymac106 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaymac106 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #12
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dang. Nice job Drury.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Where's Kevin Hayes?
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #14
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Where's Kevin Hayes?
Glen Falls.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #15
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

As Getbak had suggested, I do also plan on making a 2nd calendar for our prospects that have turned pro with the Calgary Flames, Adirondack Flames and Alaska Aces. This calendar won't be up until mid-late August though as the AHL schedule is not released until mid-August. I have the Calgary Flames and Alaska Aces, just waiting on the Adirondack Flames one.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #16
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Little update on this second calendar: The AHL calendar is dependent upon the NBA calendar and it was delayed this year. Actually just came out this morning I believe. The AHL announced via Twitter they expect to release the AHL calendar in about 2 weeks.

I'm hoping to have the "Pro Prospect" calendar with NHL Flames, AHL Flames and Eagles dates up by Sept 1.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #17
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hearing that the AHL schedule should be released tomorrow morning. If so, I will have the pro prospect calendar up by the weekend.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #18
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both calendars have been added to the OP with instructions on how to put them on Apple or Android devices.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #19
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

That looks like a lot of work. Thanks Drury.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #20
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks so much for all the hard work. It is greatly appreciated.