Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2022, 08:44 PM   #301
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished the new season. Thought it was great and I was anticipating a grand finale as I was under the impression this was the final season. I guess I was wrong. ..now we have to wait for another season for the great final battle
Old 05-31-2022, 09:08 PM   #302
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

two more episodes July 1st so you might now have to wait that long.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:13 PM   #303
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just looked it up and apparently there's one more season following season 4 part 2.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:37 PM   #304
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

We're 4 episodes in and loving it. So far it's as good as season one. With all the characters they have now they're still able to give them lots of screen time and development.

Leaning in the horror aspect might be a good thing. The younger kids who watched the first season are well into their teens now and able to handle it.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:24 PM   #305
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Just looked it up and apparently there's one more season following season 4 part 2.

Yup. I think the show's creators said last year that season 5 would be the last. Apparently they've had the overall story arc planned out for a while.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:19 AM   #306
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't know that this was a Part 1 until just before watching the final two episodes.

I liked it, but it felt unresolved (obviously).

Spoiler!
Old 06-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #307
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
The "Kate Bush" scene was easily my favourite part of the entire series so far. Absolutely incredible.

Spoiler!
Old 06-03-2022, 11:56 AM   #308
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finished rewatching season three last night. It was basically like watching it for the first time; I remembered something about a mall, and Billy being the the bad guy, but just about everything else had it's room cancelled in my memory palace.

On the whole, it was my least favourite of Seasons 1-3. It lacked the shadowy, classic horror feel of seasons past, and some of the characters seem to have outgrown their usefulness - so it's nice they're adding more characters.

I liked the addition of Robin, but the expanded and over the top role of Murray didn't work for me.

Both Lucas and Max and Elle and Mike's relationship dynamics are a refreshing direction for the characters, but Will and Dustin took a backseat. There was a line there when Mike was talking to Will about not like girls then an immediate awkward "sorry" that makes me think Will's gay or something. And I imagine the show will explore Dustin and his long distance girlfriend (forget her name) next season.

Steve got really annoying.

The parts of the show I really care for this season were Nancy and Jonathan's thing. It just didn't work for me, and I can't put my finger on why. Joyce and Hopper started to get on my nerves toward the end, too.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:00 PM   #309
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

As someone who loved Season 1 and thought 2 was meh and 3 was better but still just good I gotta say I was absolutely blown away by this season. Right up there with the first season. Cannot wait for the conclusion.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:41 PM   #310
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I think Season 4 is the best season yet. Not only is the story amazing, like really really good and compelling, but also the execution of it… I think it may be the best TV I have ever watched. Like straight up right there with The Wire.

Unreal. Just finished the first part of season 4, and I’m legit blown away. Wow. I know not everyone will love it, but I did for sure.

I think I love it particularly because it is so unique, so in its own class. I don’t know what could compare. And then there’s the acting, which also is world class. Amazing show.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 11:44 PM   #311
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I didn't know that this was a Part 1 until just before watching the final two episodes.

I liked it, but it felt unresolved (obviously).

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:36 AM   #312
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Spoiler!
I also agree with that, thought it was well done.

Spoiler!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:05 AM   #313
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I think Season 4 is the best season yet. Not only is the story amazing, like really really good and compelling, but also the execution of it… I think it may be the best TV I have ever watched. Like straight up right there with The Wire.

Unreal. Just finished the first part of season 4, and I’m legit blown away. Wow. I know not everyone will love it, but I did for sure.

I think I love it particularly because it is so unique, so in its own class. I don’t know what could compare. And then there’s the acting, which also is world class. Amazing show.

Agreed. This season in particular is truly outstanding top-notch television. Can't wait to see how they wrap things up in these last 2 episodes. We're essentially getting two movies to close out the season. I just read that episode 8 runs almost 90 minutes, while episode 9 will be a whopping 2 hrs and 30 minutes.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #314
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the Hopper storyline really dragged but the other two storylines were enjoyable.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #315
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished season 1. It was even better than watching the Oilers lose to the Avs! 9/10

2016.... haha just a bit behind.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:17 PM   #316
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Just finished season 1. It was even better than watching the Oilers lose to the Avs! 9/10

2016.... haha just a bit behind.
Season's 2 and 3 are probably 7-8/10 so expect a bit of a drop off. Season 4 has been as good or better than Season 1 so hang in there.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2022, 02:29 PM   #317
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Anybody else find Uma Thurman's daughter to be a ####ty actress and an annoying character? Can't stand her. She is so outgunned by the rest of the cast. Seems like she's acting in a high school play or something beside a bunch of pros.

My daughter and I look at each other and roll our eyes every time she bogarts a scene.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #318
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Anybody else find Uma Thurman's daughter to be a ####ty actress and an annoying character? Can't stand her. She is so outgunned by the rest of the cast. Seems like she's acting in a high school play or something beside a bunch of pros.

My daughter and I look at each other and roll our eyes every time she bogarts a scene.
Robin and Steve are the best. The whole insane asylum she was awesomely over the top.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:36 PM   #319
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Season's 2 and 3 are probably 7-8/10 so expect a bit of a drop off. Season 4 has been as good or better than Season 1 so hang in there.
Season two was a drop off but season three was incredible IMO.

And not saying anything that hasn't been said a million times by this point but that Max/Vexna running up the hill scene was unreal
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:32 PM   #320
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Random Stranger-Things-related thought:

I noticed a Jeep Cherokee in the background of a scene in the first or second episode. The Cherokee was in production from model year '84 through 2001, and there are subtle visual differences between "early" ('84-'86) ones built by AMC, ones thereafter ('87-'96) built by Chrysler, and the last few years of production after a "refresh" for the '97 model year. Film and TV productions often #### this up. E.g. Cast Away, the movie starring Tom Hanks, had Hanks' character driving a Cherokee, which Helen Hunt's character kept around for the years after he went missing and returned to him in the dénouement. He went missing in 1995 so it should have been a '95 model at the newest, but it was clearly a '97 or later.

Stranger Things actually got this right! It's set in '86, and they had an '84-'86 Cherokee in the background. The badging on the tailgate gave it away. The '84-'86s were available with the 2.8 L Chevy V6 as an option and had a "V6 2.8 L" badge on the bottom left of the tailgate when so equipped. At the bottom right was a "Jeep" badge, with "Cherokee" centered above the licence plate:

Spoiler!

After '86 the V6 was no longer available, replaced by AMC's own 4.0 L straight-six; the badge at the bottom left read "4.0 Litre". The "Jeep" and "Cherokee" badges also swapped position, with "Jeep" in the centre and "Cherokee" at the bottom right:

Spoiler!

I'm impressed they got this minute, unimportant detail correct.

EDIT: Oh, it's not just a background vehicle, it's the ######y jock's car! (Just watched episode 3)

Last edited by timun; 06-10-2022 at 08:00 PM.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timun For This Useful Post: