Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2024, 09:37 AM   #3961
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Shoppers Drug Mart too
T&T Supermarkets as well.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2024, 10:37 AM   #3962
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man we really are becoming a total degenerate gambling society.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1785278837472842075
Old 04-30-2024, 10:39 AM   #3963
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Man we really are becoming a total degenerate gambling society.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1785278837472842075
Just catching up to the Pommies.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:51 AM   #3964
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Shoppers Drug Mart too
True, I meant as a grocery brand they were not a large presence here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
T&T Supermarkets as well.
Did not know that. And now it makes sense that the City Marketplace in Sage Hill is now a T&T.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:48 PM   #3965
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I ordered a pair of Jordan's and they arrived today along with another pair of women's jordans in another box that I didn't order. Both had my name on it.

That's weird how does that even happen? They came in separate boxes but both had the same tracking number.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:03 PM   #3966
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yo what size are the women's Jordans and how much do you want for them?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:48 PM   #3967
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Dbl post.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:48 PM   #3968
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Haha 5Y and gonna donate them. That's 6.5 in women's size.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 09:38 PM   #3969
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
There was a City Marketplace in NW Calgary but it closed a couple of years ago. Not sure if there are others? Regardless, Loblaws is not a big brand here other than Superstore.
It’s now a T&T and is always busy. Like super busy. Some days gotta wait for a parking spot. Really dialed in the general demographic plus has many great foods for those of us not in their primary targeted demographic. I definitely spend too much there now on treats and little luxuries.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:02 AM   #3970
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any time a driver is pulled over in the GTA will now have to do a breathalyzer test. Is this a thing in Alberta? It wasn't a thing in Vancouver the last time I was pulled over there, but the last time I was pulled was a very long time ago. It seems like a law that will get cancelled by some smart lawyer eventually.

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:37 AM   #3971
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not any driver in the GTA, anyone in the GTA stopped by the OPP, who are the provincial police force and generally patrol provincial highways such as the 400-series and the QEW. Right now it's just them, but for justification they are using the Canada Mandatory Alcohol Screening, which allows police to demand a breath test from any driver even if there is no suspicion. If they are sucessful, they will look at the rest of the province. Whether other provinces follow suit probably depends on how this goes.

Quote:
But as prominent DUI attorney Calvin Barry told CityNews in an interview Thursday, police have long held the right to demand breathalyzers without suspicion of impairment, but are only now wielding those powers on Ontario roadways.
“There was a legislative change about seven years ago,” Barry said. “The reason why the Liberals did all of this is because of all the carnage on the road, and stuff like the Marco Muzzo case didn’t help,” he added, referring to the infamous convicted drunk driver who killed three children and their grandfather in a September 2015 collision in Vaughan, Ont.
“Reasonable suspicion was taken out of the code, but police, for discretionary reasons, decided to still ask, still pull you over and say, ‘Hey sir, have you been drinking?’ or ‘Hey ma’am, have you been drinking, I smell some alcohol?’ They’d stick their head inside the window. But in reality, the reasonable suspicion was taken away by that amendment, it’s just that now they are starting to invoke it.”

Quote:
Barry, who successfully defended former Toronto Maple Leaf Rick Vaive on an impaired driving charge more than a decade ago, thinks some may try and challenge their charges in court if they’re nabbed during a mandatory screening, but he doesn’t think they’ll have much luck.
“I think that we will lose (a legal challenge) on the basis that it’s constitutionally sound and these cases at the Supreme Court of Canada and Ontario Court of Appeal, always seem to side in favour of the victim and the public because everybody has had it (with drunk driving),” he said.
He also advises people against refusing to provide a breath sample during a traffic stop, saying it’s basically an admission of guilt in the eyes of the law.
“Refusing is not the way to go,” he said, noting that DUI cases are often tossed on technicalities and issues with the breathalyzer machines or their technicians.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2024/05/...nt-dui-lawyer/
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:41 AM   #3972
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got one of those on memorial about 2 years ago. Had a couple g and ts from the flight from Orlando but tested zero. Not sure if they still do it.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:42 PM   #3973
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Cape Breton Regional Municipality does a thing called heavy garbage day. You just leave large or heavy garbage out on your curb and the citys garbage trucks go and collect.

One of the fun parts of heavy garbage day is you scour around looking for #### other people are throwing out you can fix or use, and , vice versa, having people take away things that they'll fix and keep out of a landfill. It's a great municipal good, a lot of elderly people dont have any way of getting rid of this stuff, and some folk don't have a truck to haul it away. It's like a community clean up Cranston and other communities do except it's everywhere and at your lawn.

Last edited by White Out 403; 05-05-2024 at 05:22 PM.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:06 PM   #3974
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Friend just sent a photo of her big win in Vegas at the slots. 16k win on a $3 bet! She's there for the Usher concert that got cancelled but it's all good now! Funny how gambling is some times, she had just won 17k at home playing slots a week before leaving for Vegas!
Old 05-05-2024, 04:32 PM   #3975
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Any time a driver is pulled over in the GTA will now have to do a breathalyzer test. Is this a thing in Alberta? It wasn't a thing in Vancouver the last time I was pulled over there, but the last time I was pulled was a very long time ago. It seems like a law that will get cancelled by some smart lawyer eventually.

Yah it’s been like that in Alberta for a while now. Breathalyze without a reason.

Honestly, it’s the way it should be.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:37 PM   #3976
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yah it’s been like that in Alberta for a while now. Breathalyze without a reason.

Fk that, it's not the way it should be. I, as a citizen, shouldn't be forced by the state to submit to giving my bodily fluids/breath/anything when I haven't done anything wrong and when I'm not suspected of doing anything wrong. That's crazy, man.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 04:39 PM   #3977
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fk that, it's not the way it should be. I, as a citizen, shouldn't be forced by the state to submit to giving my bodily fluids/breath/anything when I haven't done anything wrong and when I'm not suspected of doing anything wrong. That's crazy, man.
Meh. Driving isn’t a right. If you drive you should be sober and a test of sobriety should be allowed. Don’t like it don’t drive.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:11 PM   #3978
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Meh. Driving isn’t a right. If you drive you should be sober and a test of sobriety should be allowed. Don’t like it don’t drive.
I guess the argument but in a different space would be around something like the Patriot Act that gives the government the ability to search people's properties and records without their consent. The same argument could be made around if you don't like the law, don't commit the crime or be terrorist (or criminal) as defined by the government.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:07 PM   #3979
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Nah. That's conscriptive evidence. And it is bull####. We a constitutional right to privacy.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:19 PM   #3980
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Nah. That's conscriptive evidence. And it is bull####. We a constitutional right to privacy.
I have to agree. If a Cop has a reason to think you're impaired then by all means pull the car over and check.

But just a complete blanket license for no reason? Nope. I'm not for that at all.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: