Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #421
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Frank Clark, but that price seems ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1120743061838024704
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #422
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I like Frank Clark, but that price seems ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1120743061838024704
The price tag is really high in a draft that supposedly is the best for interior and edge rushers in 10 years. They turned around and gave him a 5 year $105.5 million deal with $63.5 million guaranteed. Seems like Andy is going all in.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #423
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The price tag is really high in a draft that supposedly is the best for interior and edge rushers in 10 years. They turned around and gave him a 5 year $105.5 million deal with $63.5 million guaranteed. Seems like Andy is going all in.
the clock is ticking before Mahomes gets paid, thus going all in right now. Will be interesting to see what Mahomes signs for when the time comes
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #424
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers franchise kicker Robbie Gould says he has pulled the contract proposals he sent to the team and told the Niners that he will not negotiate or sign a long-term deal with them and wants to be traded.

Gould said Tuesday that if he reports at all, it will not be before the 49ers' Sept. 8 regular-season opener, making him a summer holdout.

Gould's agent, Brian Mackler, said: "At this time, we are unsure when or if he will report. It will not be prior to Sept 8, at the earliest, if at all."

"The bottom line is, I'm unsure if I want to play there anymore," Gould told ESPN. "At this point, I have to do what's best for me and my family back home."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ks-wants-49ers
Old 04-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #425
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow a kicker holdout? He's been really good for the last three years but kickers are a dime a dozen these days as the Raiders picked up Carlson off the street and he went was 94% for them including 8/9 from 40-49 and 3/3 of 50+. It will be interesting to see if there's much of any trade market for Gould.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #426
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
4m
Steelers working hard to complete a contact extension for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger before Thursday night’s NFL draft begins, per sources. The 37-year-old Roethlisberger is scheduled to be headed into the final year of his contract, but Pitt wants to retain him well beyond.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:55 PM   #427
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
4m
Steelers working hard to complete a contact extension for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger before Thursday night’s NFL draft begins, per sources. The 37-year-old Roethlisberger is scheduled to be headed into the final year of his contract, but Pitt wants to retain him well beyond.
Lol, why
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scornfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2019, 03:56 PM   #428
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

only thing surprising is it hasn't been done yet, expected it much earlier in the offseason. Absolutely fine with it too.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #429
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

So the draft goes tomorrow.....i sense way way less enthusiasm for it than in years past.

Curious as to why.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #430
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So the draft goes tomorrow.....i sense way way less enthusiasm for it than in years past.

Curious as to why.
Tomorrow? It's Thursday isn't it? 25th?
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #431
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Tomorrow? It's Thursday isn't it? 25th?
I live in an alternate universe where today is Wednesday.

or

Its Wednesday somewhere so i am not wrong.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #432
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
19m
Broncos’ Pro-Bowl slot CB Chris Harris has requested a new contract or a trade, per league source.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:20 PM   #433
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:
Icon32

Quote:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
19m
Broncos’ Pro-Bowl slot CB Chris Harris has requested a new contract or a trade, per league source.
That’s just being reported nationally now? Well known here for quite a while. As soon as Kareem Jackson got paid CHJ made it clear he wants a raise. Don’t blame him, he’s been on a team friendly deal for ages and is drastically underpaid. I expect him to be moved at the draft.

Edit: nice he wants either 15 mil AAV or trade me. Good for him, get that money Chris.

Last edited by ResAlien; 04-23-2019 at 09:34 PM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 PM   #434
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Good for him, hope to hear more and more of these stories.

Quote:
Mental health concerns kept Cole Madison away from the NFL last season, but the 2018 fifth-round draft pick said the speculation that it was because of former Washington State teammate Tyler Hilinski's suicide was untrue.

Madison left the Green Bay Packers last summer after he went through offseason workouts. He was placed on the did not report list when training camp opened in July, and his return to the Packers on April 8 for the start of this year's offseason program came as a surprise.

"This last year was really just focused on myself," Madison said Tuesday in his first interview in nearly a year. "Not even football or nothing, just myself and my mental health and everything like that. I was dealing with a lot of things off the field for a long time that I was putting off, and it finally caught up to me, and I had to take care of that, make a grown man decision. I did that, and then after that I decided I wanted to come back and play some football. So that's why I'm here.

"At that point, football -- I love football -- but at that point, it was my health, and my life was on the line. I had to go help myself before my football career. If I didn't get my chickens in order back then, I don't think I'd be here right now."

Madison said his mental health concerns came before Hilinski's death in January 2018.

"I was going through some stuff for a long time that I was putting off, and they caught up to me with the decisions off the field I was doing," he told reporters. "I wasn't making good decisions, and it led to bad thoughts.

"This was before Tyler. Tyler, if anything, helped me with knowing that other people go through things, too. It was a little light at the end of the tunnel -- light in a dark area. This stuff originated a long time before Tyler."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-life-was-line
Old 04-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #435
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boring draft this year for the Bears. I've hardly been following it since I'm never too familiar with the draft class after the 2nd round. I anticipate the Bears grab a running back in the 3rd or 4thbround this year so I've tried becoming familiar with the RBs.

I'm mostly interested in Ed Oliver of all things 2019 draft as he is probably the first player I've ever noticed as a freshman and followed since then.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #436
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger is now under contract in Pittsburgh through the 2021 season.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Steelers finalized a two-year contract extension for Big Ben, per sources informed of the contract
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...year-extension
Old 04-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #437
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Curious as to why.
Probably because it's a defense heavy draft which isn't as sexy as drafts where there are some top level QB's, receivers, or running backs. If you like Blaine Gabbert then you will love the QB's in this draft but other than Russel Wilson-lite (Murray) there's little intrigue or excitement over Haskins, Locke, Jones, etc. There's maybe a single RB and WR that would be considered 1st round talent. That said it's one of the best drafts in years for DL talent so it's very important for a lot of teams that need to improve their pass rush. I'm excited for sure but it helps build intrigue when your team has multiple first rounders.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #438
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ryquell Armstead is a guy the Bears have been linked to pretty heavily out of Temple.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #439
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Wow a kicker holdout? He's been really good for the last three years but kickers are a dime a dozen these days as the Raiders picked up Carlson off the street and he went was 94% for them including 8/9 from 40-49 and 3/3 of 50+. It will be interesting to see if there's much of any trade market for Gould.
According to Lynch he won't be traded.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #440
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back to Chicago would be my guess. Gould lives the city and was even present at their playoff game