Old 02-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #61
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
How is this pronounced? Kwuggalos?
Precisely.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #62
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What's everyone's take on the military industrial complex? Has there been collusion between Military Intelligence, media and politics to split the soft minded rabble into left and right and keep them at each other's throats over nonsense issues, allowing the MID to be uncontested in the court of public opinion while robbing the country of trillions of dollars and killing millions across the globe in perpetual wars of imperial expansion? Or is it all just a paranoid fantasy of Q and its merely a coincidence that war profiteers have been enjoying a runaway freight train of success decade after decade?
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #63
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
What's everyone's take on the military industrial complex? Has there been collusion between Military Intelligence, media and politics to split the soft minded rabble into left and right and keep them at each other's throats over nonsense issues, allowing the MID to be uncontested in the court of public opinion while robbing the country of trillions of dollars and killing millions across the globe in perpetual wars of imperial expansion? Or is it all just a paranoid fantasy of Q and its merely a coincidence that war profiteers have been enjoying a runaway freight train of success decade after decade?
I think you are creating a conspiracy where people acting in self interest explain it better.

People with money donate to politicians to get preferable policies.

Political parties develop branding and messaging to gain votes with wedge issues.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #64
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"But it was one WikiLeaks document that particularly caught my attention at first: a classified 2010 CIA “Red Cell Memorandum,” named after the highly secretive unit created by Bush/Cheney CIA Director George Tenet in the wake of the 9/11 attack.

What made this document so fascinating, so revealing, is the CIA’s discussion of how to manipulate public opinion to ensure it remains at least tolerant if not supportive of Endless War and, specifically, the vital role President Obama played for the CIA in packaging and selling U.S. wars around the world. In this classified analysis, one learns a great deal about how the “military industrial complex,” also known as the “Blob” or “Deep State,” reasons; how the Agency exploits humanitarian impulses to ensure continuation of its wars; and what the real function is of the U.S. President when it comes to foreign policy.

What prompted the memo was the CIA’s growing fears that the population of Western Europe was rapidly turning against the War on Terror generally and the war in Afghanistan specifically — as evidenced by the fall of the Dutch Government driven in large part by the electorate’s anger over involvement in Afghanistan. The CIA was desperate to figure out how to stem the tide of anti-war sentiment growing throughout that region, particularly to shield France and Germany from it, by manipulating public opinion.

The Agency concluded: its best and only asset for doing that was President Obama and his popularity in Western European cities."

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-l...-document-from
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #65
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Glenn Greenwald? I hear he’s just a sketchy dude with google.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #66
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Paranoid Q fantasy. Corporations are doing more damage than the MIC, even though some of those in the MIC are corporations.

Quote:
"But it was one WikiLeaks document that particularly caught my attention at first: a classified 2010 CIA “Red Cell Memorandum,” named after the highly secretive unit created by Bush/Cheney CIA Director George Tenet in the wake of the 9/11 attack.

What made this document so fascinating, so revealing, is the CIA’s discussion of how to manipulate public opinion to ensure it remains at least tolerant if not supportive of Endless War and, specifically, the vital role President Obama played for the CIA in packaging and selling U.S. wars around the world. In this classified analysis, one learns a great deal about how the “military industrial complex,” also known as the “Blob” or “Deep State,” reasons; how the Agency exploits humanitarian impulses to ensure continuation of its wars; and what the real function is of the U.S. President when it comes to foreign policy.

What prompted the memo was the CIA’s growing fears that the population of Western Europe was rapidly turning against the War on Terror generally and the war in Afghanistan specifically — as evidenced by the fall of the Dutch Government driven in large part by the electorate’s anger over involvement in Afghanistan. The CIA was desperate to figure out how to stem the tide of anti-war sentiment growing throughout that region, particularly to shield France and Germany from it, by manipulating public opinion.

The Agency concluded: its best and only asset for doing that was President Obama and his popularity in Western European cities."

Wikileaks and Glenn Greenwald are both Russian assets used in their disinformation campaigns. When the GRU is behind a lot of the information they both rely upon, you should be able to put two and two together.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #67
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
war profiteers in every country since the invention of the spear have enjoyed runaway success because we are an inherently violent species and like shiny toys that kill, both as nations and as individuals, you might as well suggest rain is a conspiracy organized by big umbrella
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #68
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
war profiteers in every country since the invention of the spear have enjoyed runaway success because we are an inherently violent species and like shiny toys that kill, both as nations and as individuals, you might as well suggest rain is a conspiracy organized by big umbrella

I've always through that the biggest fear in the Military industry is the invention of the one shot war ending weapon. It was there at the end of WW2 with the Atomic bomb a weapon so devastating and intimidating that nobody would want to risk a war with its involvement.

If a nation had a un natural balance of this weapon, war could become a thing of the past.

I'm sure the weapons companies were overjoyed after the Russians deployed their version.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #69
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The whole "Red Cell Memorandum" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Read it outside og Greenwald's addled presentation and it falls apart pretty quickly
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #70
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

So, did anyone catch Cullen Hoback's HBO documentary series about QAnon?

In the final episode it sure looks like 8kun administrator Ron Watkins inadvertently admits to being Q. Lots of people have long speculated that Jim and Ron Watkins were behind it, and I think this is really quite convincing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #71
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
So, did anyone catch Cullen Hoback's HBO documentary series about QAnon?

In the final episode it sure looks like 8kun administrator Ron Watkins inadvertently admits to being Q. Lots of people have long speculated that Jim and Ron Watkins were behind it, and I think this is really quite convincing.
No, but I wish you wouldn't have spoiled it, I was just about to watch it, haha.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #72
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
No, but I wish you wouldn't have spoiled it, I was just about to watch it, haha.
Dammit. Sorry.

Definitely watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #73
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

“ Matt Gaetz’s girlfriend, she was allegedly 17, the 17th letter in the alphabet is Q, it all adds up! What are you waiting for? The storm is finally here, and QAnon is like, ‘You can’t believe everything you read on the internet.’” - Colin Jost, SNL
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 01:43 PM   #74
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

So where is all this Q stuff at now? Have they pivoted to the next conspiracy?

It seems like most of this has been fully realized as a failure and a hoax finally to the general public.

Have the majority moved on?

I only ask because I assume there are some here who are tracking it all more thoroughly than myself.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:43 PM   #75
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It seems like most of this has been fully realized as a failure and a hoax finally to the general public.

I only ask because I assume there are some here who are tracking it all more thoroughly than myself.
I thought they all got outed in that HBO doc as a bunch of sophomoric edge lords.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:32 PM   #76
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:

They are running around in the dark, grabbing onto whatever chunks of whatever other conspiracies they can to lump into their worldview. Covid denialism and vaccine skepticism are the orders of the day. Not to mention intense interest in the absolute farce of an 'audit' happening down in Arizona.

For a sense of how bleak it is, the subreddit r/qanoncasualties is growing rapidly and people are sharing stories every single day of the pain and suffering this idiotic nonsense is causing to families and relationships.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #77
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I started listening to QAnon Anonymous as a way to better understand this craziness.

Seems like a decent podcast. It's pretty funny.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 05-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #78
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I feel like Springs1 fits into that mould.
Ha - I was thinking the same thing!
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #79
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I feel like Springs1 fits into that mould.
Joe Biden is going to outlaw Ranch Dressing!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!1!!!!1!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #80
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Joe Biden is going to outlaw Ranch Dressing!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!1!!!!1!

Joe Biden will make service charges mandatory!