Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you renew your Seasons Tickets?
Yes 101 39.15%
No 28 10.85%
Don't have tickets but want to see the results. 129 50.00%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2018, 11:52 PM   #81
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Reckoning? In what way?

This could be exact motivation the owners need to finally cash out and move on. No arena deal in sight. Fair weather fans bailing on the team. Timing would seem to be optimal to make plans to back away from this dumpster fire and take the money and run. Those declining revenues and lack of a building allowing the team to remain fiscally competitive seem to give the owners the out they want, and the support with the other owners that Calgary isn't capable of supporting a team. Add in a successful expansion team taking the league by storm, and another expansion franchise on the horizon, they could easily take the expansion money and then sell the team to the highest bidder and watch the team head south. Seems very plausible. Careful what you wish for.
hahah - super unlikely.

Reckoning in the sense that maybe after 10 years of asking fans to eat garbage, enough have figured out that they don't want to pay for the pleasure of doing so.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:05 AM   #82
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out of 3 friends with tickets, one is out for sure, one is out if GG is back(even told KK himself) and the other is renewing because he gives most of them away to clients.

Frustrating season for the paying fans with 22 home losses and the majority of better games played on the road
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:13 AM   #83
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Out of 3 friends with tickets, one is out for sure, one is out if GG is back(even told KK himself) and the other is renewing because he gives most of them away to clients.

Frustrating season for the paying fans with 22 home losses and the majority of better games played on the road
I did this last year. Had tix for years. Split with three others. One was out, one was in, one was waffling, but really out. If I couldn’t make a game, it was tough to recoup the STH cost. It was my decision and I pulled the plug.

I can now buy tix on the secondary market for STH price, with no hassle to unload the ones I can’t use. Or just go to the games I want and pay even face value.

The other factor was the arena nonsense.

2004 is a long time ago and 1989 even longer. That good will erodes in a decade and a half. The team is not good under Gulutzan and the market dynamics reflect the situation. The smartest guy in the room has them playing obviously stupid hockey, and nobody likes it. Not the players and not the fans.

I have watched pretty much every game this year and don’t regret cancelling one bit.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:22 AM   #84
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did not renew my seasons last year but ended up grabbing a ticket pack just before the season started. With how things turned out, I wish I hadn't. I think I've seen two wins all season and a bunch of awful losses. The Coyotes game next week will be the last game.

I doubt I'll spend any money on tickets next season. If they do a jersey retirement ceremony for Kipper, Iggy, or Theo, I might make an exception.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:25 AM   #85
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Can we start a petition? And then send it to Treliving, cc to KK?

KK will probably just tell you the Flames are no longer pursuing a coaching change in Calgary.
Barnet Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 AM   #86
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe some of you guys can split the tickets two-way or four-way.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:33 AM   #87
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Simple question: Season ticket holders... To renew or not to renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Can we start a petition? And then send it to Treliving, cc to KK?

NM duplicate post

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 03-24-2018 at 02:44 AM.
Barnet Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #88
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never had season tickets, but can't imagine renewing if I had them.
You guys who are going to renew, make me realize there is another level of loyal fan than I will ever be.

For better, or for worse.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #89
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
The team is not good under Gulutzan and the market dynamics reflect the situation. The smartest guy in the room has them playing obviously stupid hockey, and nobody likes it.
Understatement
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 06:18 AM   #90
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We will renew but will move seats - hopefully back to the cheaper ones in Sec 219. I find it very hard to sell my tickets on here at STH price. People always want to pay a bit less. I do not intend to supplement other fans attending any more - along with the free seats I have given away this year when I can't attend. I love me some Flames hockey and hope next year is better for them. Anyone on here giving up their tickets in 219 Green?
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #91
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

On the fence. Moving back to Calgary today after 4 years away and had someone take over my tickets. Hoped to come back to a decent team and new arena under construction...guess I was a bit optimistic

Last edited by 3thirty; 03-24-2018 at 10:51 AM.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #92
zzibradleyizz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I will not be renewing. At least for the full season, may look at splitting 1/2 the season with someone.
zzibradleyizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #93
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It seems the ones who don't have tickets are taking the strongest positions, confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

Certainly demand wained by the last 3rd of the season, typically for a STH its much more important that the Flames win at home. The running joke at the dome was that people wanted their season tickets on the road next year. Typically in the past the Flames could be having a horrible season, but when you pay to go, you want your money's worth in that moment.

I think its an aberration, I would expect for the Flames to revert to form next year vis a vis the road and home record. Not saying they'll have a better season, but the home record will improve.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #94
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I declined my group share of tickets after last season partly because I didn't see the value in the product, and partly because after the whole arena debacle I wasn't really in a mood to give CSEC my money. The thinking was that I'll buy individual games if the Flames make it interesting.

I ended up going to a single game this year...the one against the Islanders where it was over 2 minutes in. It definitely didn't change my mind about tickets next year.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #95
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
It seems the ones who don't have tickets are taking the strongest positions, confirmation bias is a powerful thing.
I am not sure that you have used the terminology correctly here.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #96
Loob12
Draft Pick

NOT RENEWING until they get the SH**T together.
Loob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #97
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wife and I were talking about this after we left in the 2nd period of the last home game.
We never used to leave games, no matter what the score was, but this season was brutal for that. We just didn't feel like staying.

Nevertheless, we're seriously considering not renewing our season tickets for the first time ever. We've had them for 14 years now, and it's a sad state of affairs if we're even talking about or considering this.

Unless some major changes happen (top down), we're probably out.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #98
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

This could be a new theme pack - the retirement pack. Come early to every game to see a former flame honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I did not renew my seasons last year but ended up grabbing a ticket pack just before the season started. With how things turned out, I wish I hadn't. I think I've seen two wins all season and a bunch of awful losses. The Coyotes game next week will be the last game.

I doubt I'll spend any money on tickets next season. If they do a jersey retirement ceremony for Kipper, Iggy, or Theo, I might make an exception.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #99
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
This could be a new theme pack - the retirement pack. Come early to every game to see a former flame honoured.
I am excited for all the cancellations. I hope the newcomers actually make some noise and we can make the Saddledome fun again.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2018, 12:34 PM   #100
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

"Don't worry, a new arena pretty much guarantees an entertaining style of hockey." - Ken King to STH probably