Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default Jamie Lundmark retires from pro hockey

http://www.kac.at/de/news/spieler/ja...rosse-laufbahn

Damn there goes plan A of the Flames off season retool plan. On to plan B.

Was playing the last 6 years in the Austrian hockey league.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Forget Allen Iverson.

Jamie Jundmark was THE answer!
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great guy. Was a big fan of his through his Jr yrs here in MJ. By pure luck got to be at his first game as a Flame. Really felt his career was hurt by being thrust into the Rangers org as a rookie with huge expectations.

Glad he found a home in the euro leagues.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

He was a pleasure to watch in that second Quad Cities season. He and Kyle Greentree made for a great top line and even tricked people into thinking Kris Chucko had an NHL future! (still sad about his later injuries of course)
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Great guy. Was a big fan of his through his Jr yrs here in MJ. By pure luck got to be at his first game as a Flame. Really felt his career was hurt by being thrust into the Rangers org as a rookie with huge expectations.
2 years in junior after being drafted, a full season in the AHL. Didn't even play in the NHL until he was 22. It's not like he got a rushed Oiler's prospect treatment.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

All the best to him. I always liked Jamie Lundmark... called up and did whatever was asked of him. Plus he came up and ruined the Red Wings a couple of times back when that was an accomplishment. Shame he never made it as a regular... even when he was firmly established as an AHL/NHL tweener you could see the essence of what made him such a high pick.

Good luck Jamie.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Jamie and the Lundmark's were regulars on The Hockey Wives. I won't lie, I watched it because of the Calgary Flames connection. It was interesting seeing from the hockey player's family's perspective when an NHLer has to play overseas. Props to the wives who have to essentially raise the family on her own while the husbands are living out their hockey dreams overseas.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #8
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
2 years in junior after being drafted, a full season in the AHL. Didn't even play in the NHL until he was 22. It's not like he got a rushed Oiler's prospect treatment.
Back then more players spent their 20 season in the dub rather than in the A. More ice time and a leadership position was more valued than 5 minutes as a 4th liner. At least that was my impression of the times.

And with the Rangers he was expected to be their star rookie, but struggled to make the lineup and was ripped pretty hard by the fanbase. The pressures were there and they took their toll on him.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #9
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Always loved Jamie Lundmark. He was a really great person here in Calgary, one of those guys that had a career that could instill bitterness due to draft position, but he just came in every day and did everything that was asked of him.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is there still a chance Treliving might sign him? Maybe at least as a chauffeur to drive Glen Gulutzan and Dave Cameron very far away from this hockey team?
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #11
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

I actually liked Jamie Lundmark as a player even if he never quite lived up to expectations. Good luck in future endeavors!
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #12
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I look forward to seeing more of him and his wife on hockey wives
Old 03-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #13
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

He sure played well with Jarome and Oli that one stretch. Happy he was able to play this long
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #14
bigpete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This game sticks out to me when I think of Jamie Lundmark. March 2009 when the elite Red Wings dominated the Flames in the first period, the Flames pretty much in the penalty box all period including a 4 minute 5 on 3. A wild finish as the Flames score 3 times in the dying minutes (2 by Lundmark) to take the lead before Detroit scores with 40 seconds to tie it. Flames win in the shootout.

One of those games that is etched in my memory since the Flames overcame (from what I remember to be) some terrible one-sided officiating to win in dramatic fashion.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/gametr...090312_CGY@DET
bigpete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigpete For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #15
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I remember reading a retrospective article about the 1999 nhl draft explaining how week of a draft it was. In the article, former Rangers gm, Neil Smith, recalled how when he drafted Lundmark 9th overall, Jack Ferreira, the gm of the Ducks, told him that Smith “had just got the best player in the draft”.

His career didn’t quite pan out that way, but still not a bad career.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #16
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpete View Post
This game sticks out to me when I think of Jamie Lundmark. March 2009 when the elite Red Wings dominated the Flames in the first period, the Flames pretty much in the penalty box all period including a 4 minute 5 on 3. A wild finish as the Flames score 3 times in the dying minutes (2 by Lundmark) to take the lead before Detroit scores with 40 seconds to tie it. Flames win in the shootout.

One of those games that is etched in my memory since the Flames overcame (from what I remember to be) some terrible one-sided officiating to win in dramatic fashion.

I also remember that game well, however many games in Detroit have played out like that over the years
Old 03-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #17
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpete View Post

I distinctly remember Dan Cleary selling that crap boarding call like a 90's wrestler as well.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #18
jayswin

Exp:

Pretty cool so many people seem to remember that Flames game vs Detroit. It's etched in my mind as well. Because of the comeback but also because I was a huge Lundmark fan.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
jayswin

Exp:

As luck would have it there's still a highlight package on youtube. What a great game, and as a bonus you get to hear the great Peter Loubardias call the game.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #20
Flames_F.T.W
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Pretty cool so many people seem to remember that Flames game vs Detroit. It's etched in my mind as well. Because of the comeback but also because I was a huge Lundmark fan.
I was at that game and it was amazing! I always think of that game when I hear Lundmark's name mentioned
Flames_F.T.W is online now   Reply With Quote