Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #41
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Someone will get a chance with sams power either next week or automatically week 4

I imagine they will make it really easy, so they are already factoring in a return within first 4

Maybe a 2nd battle back after that
Well yeah but it won’t be Swaggy. Julie has never given away information to houseguests before like that. And she wouldn’t if he was coming back.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #42
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep. After tonight’s post eviction revelations to Chris, that all but confirmed there was no pre jury battle back happening.

But whoever gets the boot next week or week after will get the chance via Sam’s bonus life.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #43
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rachel’s guess for the amount of seconds for the tie breaker question was the most ridiculous guess I’ve seen in a long time. She guessed the challenge lasted 12500 seconds. That’s over three hours.

The correct answer was like 450. That’s 7.5mins.

How do you guess 12500 seconds for a challenge that lasted 7.5 mins?

Easy for viewers at home to criticize, I’m sure I would be nervous too. But she did a lot of math on that board and that’s the best guess she can come up with?
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #44
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Rachel’s guess for the amount of seconds for the tie breaker question was the most ridiculous guess I’ve seen in a long time. She guessed the challenge lasted 12500 seconds. That’s over three hours.

Easy for viewers at home to criticize, I’m sure I would be nervous too. But she did a lot of math on that board and that’s the best guess she can come up with?
Well maybe some US Americans like such as, and the people in the Iraq and South Africa, don't have calculators. Such as and therefore, education in South Africa, I mean over here, such as, should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, to build up our future.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #45
Hitman88
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post

Found this on Reddit:

Hitman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hitman88 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #46
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Swaggy would make this season a whole lot more entertaining...
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #47
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scottie winning HOH turned out to be a pretty good thing, especially after Swaggy left. We get a power shift and Level 6 takes a hit this week. Hopefully Sam will not use her power.

It's been pretty solid so far, people are playing the game. Kaitlyn confronting the bros after having her "vision" was hilarious. Brett's veto speech mocking her was great.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #48
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Scottie winning HOH turned out to be a pretty good thing, especially after Swaggy left. We get a power shift and Level 6 takes a hit this week. Hopefully Sam will not use her power.

It's been pretty solid so far, people are playing the game. Kaitlyn confronting the bros after having her "vision" was hilarious. Brett's veto speech mocking her was great.
Apparently CBS editing this season has been pretty heavy handed. Kaitlyn was told by Bayleigh (Scotty told her about the bro talk almost immediately after) so it had nothing to do with the vision and in fact it only makes her look more crazy. Also Sam is not the nice girl they portray her as.

On one hand Scotty had a good week getting out a player he set out to. On the other hand he's kind of blown up his game as who is going to confide with him or talk alliance in the future when they know he's going to immediately out them to the rest of the house? I don't think he played that well at all as he already had one of them out guaranteed so he didn't need to let that out as he could have used that as ammunition later. Him outing the bros immediately after their discussion just shows he can't be trusted with any sort of game talk.

Sam's power kind of sucks because she's not likely going to use it this week which means next week is a wasted week seeing the person evicted will likely be back in the house.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-19-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #49
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interesting that Sam isn't as nice as the edit she gets. They should bring back the yell reviewer and potentially have him replace Zingbot
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #50
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

To be fair, everyone is a bit of an ahole. Rockstar, dude bros, Kaitlyn, JC etc.

I could do without rockstar. When they kept cutting to her DR during the veto I had to skip it. She's too annoying.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #51
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think he played that well at all as he already had one of them out guaranteed so he didn't need to let that out as he could have used that as ammunition later. Him outing the bros immediately after their discussion just shows he can't be trusted with any sort of game talk..
I disagree. While I think his whole HoH and everything leading up to it could be a mistake seeing as he could floated in the middle with no one going after him, once he got HoH I think he did well.

There was a shady non-vote (Scottie's own doing) but he had to separate himself from that. By putting up the bros and then immediately telling his alliance of that conversation, it helps to build trust. To them, he went against the other side completely with no shady side-dealings. If he told Bayleigh before anyone else like suggested, that's a good way to have her trust you. It would have been an utter disaster for Scottie if his alliance found out about the discussion and offer from someone else at a later time. And the only animution it served was to get Kaitlyn against the bros, which worked.

The added bonus is just how ######y the bros were to him, so no one can fault him for not jumping at their offer. It also shows that the bros were willing to go behind the Level 6 alliance for their own gain (assuming they didn't tell the alliance, not that it matters as no one on that side really seems to be gaming outside of forming a large alliance and letting Tyler control them).
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #52
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just think he could have laid a lot lower. He already accomplished his objective and he didn't have to cause a combustible situation. He's still not tight with anyone and I'm not sure what he did helps and he's no longer going to be looked at as an innocent floater as according to L6 their targets in order are Faysal, Rockstar, and Scotty. It's a bad sign when they would rather evict you than Kaitlyn as the house is supposedly getting tired of her act. He's the only one not really in a close alliance so he's in trouble and I can't see a scenario where he lasts deep into the game.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-19-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #53
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both of you make good points. I guess the only way we will know is with time.

I have to hand it to him though, he's doing way better at this HoH thing than I thought he would. Not shying away form the tough talks, KILLING it at the PoV. He's doing exactly what he wants to be doing. Both him and Tyler have surprised me.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #54
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

The hinky vote against Swaggy was stupid and pointless, though.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #55
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm thinking Sams power was to set off a battle back,

After she uses the power then next 4 players out will be put into a battle back. So had she used it on Steve it would have been the first 4 out, had she used it on Chris it would have been evictee 2 through 5.

Since she probably wont be using it, evictees 4-7 will get to battle back.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #56
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Zero chance there’s a battle back. Julie spoiled more vote info for Winston. She’d never do that because outside house info is never allowed. Im pretty sure all battle back houseguests always got sequestered and we know from Swaggy’s obnoxious tweets that he’s definitely not in sequester.

Whoever gets evicted has a comp to complete, lots of people think it’ll be a timed puzzle, but not a difficult one otherwise what’s the point.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #57
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Some fascinating info on Bayleigh’s power. It’s insane.

Quote:
And last, but certainly not least, Bayleigh nabbed the "Identity Theft" app, which allows her to change who the HOH nominates to be put on the block and put up her own secret nominations instead. She can do this at any point up until there are only eight houseguests left. The best part about this power, though, is that it keeps her hands completely clean from any potential backlash, meaning the rest of the house will think the two nominees were the HOH's original picks.

Bayleigh went into even more detail about it on the live feeds, revealing that the HOH cannot state even after the fact that the nominations weren't their own choices. So basically, Bayleigh could make other alliances like Level 6 turn on themselves, especially if a member of the Level 6 alliance is the HOH at the time and ends up having to put up members from their own team without being able to explain why.
Meanwhile, Tyler’s power kind of sucks.
Quote:
Tyler was the second houseguest to receive a Power App and he opted to take "The Cloud," which prevents him from being put on the block during any given nomination ceremony or veto meeting during the first eight weeks of the competition. However, he needs to use it before the Head of Household reveals their elimination picks for the week, so it's not like he can wait and see if he gets put up and then use the power. He needs to make that call prior to the unveiling, and if he doesn't know that he's a target, he could end up not using it when he needs it most.
https://www.bustle.com/p/how-the-big...akdown-9784271
Old 07-19-2018, 11:09 PM   #58
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's hilarious how riled up Rockstar and Kaitlyn are over the harmless stuff Brett is saying, he's been pretty respectful for the most part. He doesn't even believe his own lies. How dare he do that to Rockstar on her daughter's birthday!

Bayleigh's power is pretty overpowered.

Spoiler!
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #59
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
it's hilarious how riled up Rockstar and Kaitlyn are over the harmless stuff Brett is saying, he's been pretty respectful for the most part. He doesn't even believe his own lies. How dare he do that to Rockstar on her daughter's birthday!

Bayleigh's power is pretty overpowered.
Spoiler!
Winston is a big baby. How could he not realize that his alliance wasn't against him and were faced with the reality they had to vote out either he or Brett and one of them had to go? He acted like he got backdoored. The fact that Brett is a bigger target (meat shield for the others) and better competitor should have been a big clue that they would prefer to keep Brett over him not to mention he had a far superior social game.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-20-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #60
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Totally my fault for clicking on the spoiler tabs but could we possibly put "HOH winner" above spoilers like that? I don't mind most spoilers but like to keep HoH and Veto winners a surprise.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post: