Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2017, 07:10 PM   #261
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
Harmonic is a big boy, he's fine. Had they fell on the ice and Mantha got an extra shot or two in while down, everyone would of got over it pretty quickly and wouldn't demand punishment. It was the heat of the moment and got a couple shots in. You make it sound like he took 10 in the back of the head like Holtby did from Emery (no suspension there either)
No one said Hamonic isn't a big boy. It's the precedence that's the issue. It should be glaringly obvious.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #262
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still waiting for Corey Perry's suspension on this play last spring.

Had he been suspended for that play, which was MUCH worse, I would have been fine with Tkachuk getting suspended. However that was never the case.

The double standard exists, clear as day.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #263
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

1 game for Tkachuk is okay. Not sure How the NHL can say that that was worse than what Mantha did
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #264
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

It shouldn't have been more than a fine, but the Flames seriously need to reign Tkachuk in. That was selfish and pointless, proved nothing, and now we're missing a key player when we need a bounce back game.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #265
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
It shouldn't have been more than a fine, but the Flames seriously need to reign Tkachuk in. That was selfish and pointless, proved nothing, and now we're missing a key player when we need a bounce back game.
Honestly, #### that noise

Tkachuk is at his best when he's in the mix and getting under the skin of the other 30 teams

The league needs to be held accountable for their consistently bush league decisions as it regards to discipline
Old 11-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #266
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
I almost always agree with your takes. However imo your campaigning in this thread is off the mark. The kid does play on the line and that is what sets him apart. I don't think that what he did warrants a suspension at all and I don't think that we should be angry or disappointed in him that he won't be able to play in Philadelphia tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chingas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #267
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I'm still waiting for Corey Perry's suspension on this play last spring.

Had he been suspended for that play, which was MUCH worse, I would have been fine with Tkachuk getting suspended. However that was never the case.

The double standard exists, clear as day.
Hopefully we see that Elliott in net tomorrow...fack the league. Flames need to go out and win a game
Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #268
Mister Yamoto
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Red Wings won this one.

The Flames can't handle games that go sideways. The last thing the Flames should be doing is getting a goon. Tkchuck is going to run out of 1/2 games suspensions pretty quickly.
Mister Yamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #269
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
Harmonic is a big boy, he's fine. Had they fell on the ice and Mantha got an extra shot or two in while down, everyone would of got over it pretty quickly and wouldn't demand punishment. It was the heat of the moment and got a couple shots in. You make it sound like he took 10 in the back of the head like Holtby did from Emery (no suspension there either)
to be fair ti was a lot more than "an extra shot or two". I've got to watch the video again but it looked to be a couple hammer fists too.

EDIT: Quick rough count was 8 CLEAR punches (speculate more as the linesman was blocking the view sometimes) and 2 hammer fists all after falling through the door

Last edited by spetch; 11-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #270
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Yamoto View Post
The Red Wings won this one.

The Flames can't handle games that go sideways. The last thing the Flames should be doing is getting a goon. Tkchuck is going to run out of 1/2 games suspensions pretty quickly.
Whatever.
It's not like the NHL gives out big suspensions for anything Tkachuk has been prone to do.
Remember Chris Pronger?
You want him on your team or not?
I rest my case.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #271
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whatever. 1 game. Serve it and move on. Stupid but whatever.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #272
Darth Tkachuk
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If it didn't prevent him from playing, the Flames.should appeal this rediculous susspension. Indeed, the only thing more rediculous out of all this are the people saying that Tkachuck should be "reigned in". ��
Darth Tkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #273
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

The main point here should be: if Witkowski had just kept walking, would Tkachuk still have received a suspension?

If the answer is No, Tkachuk is literally being suspended because a player on the other team did a suspendable action.

And the answer is 100% “No.”

That’s why this suspension doesn’t make any sense, and the Flames should appeal.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #274
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

The league might as well stop pretending that they actually care about player safety.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #275
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I just don't understand what the league is trying to do with this message.
It's okay for 3 separate players to knock Travis down And then it's okay for him to get dog piled on by a player and a ref on the bench.
They really screwed this up again.....George Parros just failed IMO...unless he's getting his orders from someone else WOW.....such horse shirt.
Tkachuk draws way more calls then he takes and Glen spoke about this before on the fan 960....having a bank account to draw from which should never be in the negative or your going to sit.
This whole talk from certain folks about the flames needing to reel Matt in is dogshirt.
The question I have is the Wideman effect has to be over doesn't it.?

Are the red wings that important to the league that they can just do whatever and get a stern finger waving pointing at and that is it.

So many times I think about the horrible calls piling up against our team over the years and I'm not about to forget any of it.....Homer glasses , koolaid or not this has gotten really bad .

It's all preventable neglect. I really hope Tkachuk stays the course and doesn't change a damn thing about his game because we don't possess another single player who is as invested as he is.

Just my thoughts and no one else's . I hope this gets appealed even if it is unsuccessful.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #276
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

I believe the league got it right with Tkachuk.
Ultimately the NHL is looking to establish a zero tolerance for anything between players on and off the ice. Makes all kinds of sense.
Even though what Tkachuk did was minor from an attempt to injure standpoint, there is a precedent to set or uphold.
I have no issue with the single game.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #277
CampbellsTransgressions
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

1 game is fair given the other guy got 10
CampbellsTransgressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #278
kehatch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
I believe the league got it right with Tkachuk.
Ultimately the NHL is looking to establish a zero tolerance for anything between players on and off the ice. Makes all kinds of sense.
Even though what Tkachuk did was minor from an attempt to injure standpoint, there is a precedent to set or uphold.
I have no issue with the single game.
There is no question they are trying to set a precedent. The problem its the wrong precedence. Hitting the player while he is on the ground, a vicious slash like the one Crosby threw, etc doesn't get discipline. Yet this does.

This was just good TV. Those risk major injury. The league needs to get its priorities in place if this is what they think they need to try and be consistent on.
kehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kehatch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #279
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crosby got nothing for litterally chopping off a dudes finger
Old 11-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #280
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I haven't seen an official announcement by the league or an explanation yet. Or did I miss it?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote