Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #81
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
This is the greatest post I've ever read. I read it 5 mins ago and I'm still laughing, lol. Bravo.
Thank you, thank you very much.

BTW, nobody has yet to answer my questions...
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #82
Calgaryborn
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I would say 30 to 40. I wouldn't pick any up because that would take too much energy. What I would do is take my stand in a corner and use there expired bodies as obstacles to slow down the advancing hoards. A blow to the head or heart with my fist and/or taking out their knee caps with a kick would be my primary strategy. Fatigue would be my eventual undoing.
Calgaryborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #83
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Going back to beating down midgets.....Would anyone else like to swing in on a tarzan rope into a room full of midgets that was long enough so that your feet would be like 4 feet above the ground. You would be at a perfect height so that you could keep swinging around kicking them in the heads and they couldn't do anything. I mean it's not like they can reach above their heads with their arms.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #84
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Going back to beating down midgets.....Would anyone else like to swing in on a tarzan rope into a room full of midgets that was long enough so that your feet would be like 4 feet above the ground. You would be at a perfect height so that you could keep swinging around kicking them in the heads and they couldn't do anything. I mean it's not like they can reach above their heads with their arms.
I don't think that would work so well. They'd have a pretty easy time ducking when they see you swinging towards them. Also, they could form a giant midget pyramid that the other midgets would use to run up, jump off of and swarm you mid-swing.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #85
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Hmm, I'm in the 40-50 kid range. My son is 8 months and have 15 nieces and nephews for reference. They range from just above and below the 7 year old range, but I could kick the crap out of at least 2-3 dozen of the little ankle biters before I took my first damage. Then its on, there would be little bodies flying left and right for at least 20 more bodies. That would give me time to catch my breath before sending 10-15 more little buggers over the fence....they may start to catch up with me then....
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #86
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
HAHAHAHAHA, that situation really made me laugh. Mighty midget swing!
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #87
lifer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"fighting is bad"

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=346853

I saw this video last night. I think it's somewhat appropriate for this thread. These kids are resilient, but I think I could KO them.
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #88
Prototype

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
"fighting is bad"

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=346853

I saw this video last night. I think it's somewhat appropriate for this thread. These kids are resilient, but I think I could KO them.
That has to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long damn time. Nice work!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #89
PYroMaNiaC
Scoring Winger

Exp:

You people are all nuts. Every last one of you. Take one "motivated" 5 year old screamer to the supermarket during 10% Tuesday, give them the child's cart and you'll have a whole new appreciation for the damage that one small "motivated" child can inflict.

I could handle two. That's it. That's all. That's why I only have two children.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #90
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Part 2 of Man vs Kids, this ones pretty brutal! lmao http://www.break.com/rushhour3/man-vs-kids-part2.html
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #91
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYroMaNiaC View Post
You people are all nuts. Every last one of you. Take one "motivated" 5 year old screamer to the supermarket during 10% Tuesday, give them the child's cart and you'll have a whole new appreciation for the damage that one small "motivated" child can inflict.

I could handle two. That's it. That's all. That's why I only have two children.
you're not taking into account the motivated adult...if that kid was bugging me enough, it would be game over.

This thread is bad, too. Not long after this thread resurfaced, we had some of my cousins and their kids over...about 6 kids between the ages of 4 & 7, and I found myself thinking "this would be over in 5 minutes".
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #92
lifer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
Part 2 of Man vs Kids, this ones pretty brutal! lmao http://www.break.com/rushhour3/man-vs-kids-part2.html
haha. I realize that this is fake and all, but some of that stuff has to be considered child abuse. No way it doesn't hurt those kids when he swings them at things. Oh well, they're pretty young, they probably won't remember these beatings when they're old enough to go to the cops.
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #93
Flamescupbound!
Backup Goalie

Exp:

LOL, this was one damn entertaining thread to read through.

Seriously though, I think alot of the ideas people have come up with here are a little hollywood.

If you're being swarmed by a mob of angry 5 year olds, how the hell are you going to pick one up and form "barricades" out of them? I mean, you wouldn't have the time to do it! They're going to be kicking you in the junk, shins, jumping on your back, biting your neck. As soon as you bend down to pick up a crumpled 5 year old you're done, they'd tackle you.

Plus, maybe alot of you haven't punched something in a while, but it's ing tiring, and by the 10th 5 year old your fist would have swelled up like a balloon. Adrenaline would help you through the fist pain I guess.

I think maybe I could take down maybe 10-15 before the rest of the swarm got to me. I'm thinking a large man with high pain tolerence could take down about 20.
Flamescupbound! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #94
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Considering most 5 year olds are at a prime height to be incapacitated with knees and kicks normally reserved for knocking down doors...

I'd say it would be pretty hard to be overrun by 5 year olds. Wind, aerobic health, and a general hate for small teeth people will undoubtedly prove to be the difference maker.

Plus, kids are getting smarter nowadays. When one drops from an openhanded slap that leaves his ears bleeding, chances are some of the kids are going to be looking for a way out.
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #95
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

OMGz kid rush!

I think trained children would be scary. I'm sure they'd be trained to go for the hair, the eyes, ears, nose... fingers... and if they start biting... I dunno.. I think the moment they got you off your feet, you'd be done for. And I'm sure the kids would be trained to trip. I still think I could still dispatch 20-30 if I could disable the children quickly enough before getting tired and letting the little buggers trip me. Divide and conquer!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #96
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

trained children would kick ash. Any one on here who has answered over 5 is nuts.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #97
CrusaderPi
Redundant Minister of Redundancy
Self-Banned

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
That looks like any given night in my living room, especially the part where they are jumping on me and the end when I get tired. The only difference is my sound effects aren't so cool, and my kid kicking techniques are nearly so cherry.

Edit: After watching part 2, I totally have to get some foam blocks to whack my kids with. Looks like fun.

Last edited by CrusaderPi; 08-12-2007 at 11:18 AM.
CrusaderPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #98
WessThompson
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd go with 50+...I figure one punch for kid, toss in a couple of kicks, tosses, body slams, elbows, head smashes...50+ is very do-able.

If I can last 10 mins without getting knocked out with 10 guys who are in the 6 foot and up range, I think I can take on 50+ 5 year olds LOL

Great thread...and commical mental pictures come to mind
WessThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #99
Flamescupbound!
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WessThompson View Post
I'd go with 50+...I figure one punch for kid, toss in a couple of kicks, tosses, body slams, elbows, head smashes...50+ is very do-able.

If I can last 10 mins without getting knocked out with 10 guys who are in the 6 foot and up range, I think I can take on 50+ 5 year olds LOL

Great thread...and commical mental pictures come to mind
Ok. If 10 guys couldn't knock out a single guy in 10 minutes, either you are Bruce Lee, or these guys are the biggest sissies ever.
Flamescupbound! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #100
WessThompson
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

HAHA I'm not Bruce Lee...nor were these guys sissies. I'm not a small guy at 6'3" and 210lbs...but I'm not huge either. I was suckered while getting my shoes on to leave a party by a guy who was about 6'4" and 10 lbs on me. Busted my nose first punch. The thing is with several guys on one...until you go to the ground, only a few can get at you at once. I pretty much tucked my chin into my chest and started throwing the fists. Desperation at that point really. After a couple of mins I slipped in my own blood and went to the ground. The kicks and punches started flying but I was well covered up. Took a kick to the ear which made me decide I should get off my ass in a hurry. hahah Those don't feel too great. I was surprised I was able to stand up, but managed. I then grabbed the largest guy and another guy beside him in a large bear hug and jumped through a large window in the kitchen...with them leading the way. The 6 foot drop was a little more than I remembered, but I landed on top fortunately LOL

I have no doubt I was lucky to walk away with nothing more than a broken nose, broken bone in my hand, a cut lip, and a 10 stitch cut across the back of my heel from broken glass.

All that being said, I would much prefer the 50 or so 5 year olds any day
WessThompson is offline   Reply With Quote