Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #61
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I have to reply to this epic thread. When I was about 13 I used to babysit the 3 boys across the street. THey were about 4, 6, and 9. They used to be gaga over power rangers so we would wrestle all the time. I think you could easily take on 20-30 5 year olds. I mean one hard punch would probally be all it takes.

SUre they are high energy, but they arent tough. I bet even a backhand would take one out. If they were biting your shins I am sure a hard punch to the top of the head would be all it takes.

Also they are five years old. I mean how much can you teach them that they are going to remember? HOw motivated can you get a 5 year old. Think of a birthday party... you cant even get them all to friggin pin a tail on a donkey. How organized are they gonna be?

Last edited by stang; 07-23-2007 at 11:52 PM.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #62
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

If they didn't get you in the first couple of minutes you could take on 30 easy. If you knocked out the bravest ones off the bat the rest would all start crying and you could chase them down at your leisure.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #63
the_hound
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Could you imagine 30 of these buggers comin at you ?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #64
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
OK. Let's change it up a bit.

How many midgets could you take down?

Midgets are wee however they would be much more intelligent and organized.

I say I'd max out at 4. I'm not that tall to begin with and 4 midgets would probably be organized enough to get me on the ground and then start taking it to me.

This thread will likely upset "The Little People of America".
In my younger years my older brother was having a party at my house, he had a good friend who is a midget and he was an angry drunk, anyway him and my brother got in an all out fight, now a precursor to this story is that my older brother played football volleyball and basketball and was nominated for high school athlete of the year and his midget friend kicked his ass, it was not even close
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #65
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
In my younger years my older brother was having a party at my house, he had a good friend who is a midget and he was an angry drunk, anyway him and my brother got in an all out fight, now a precursor to this story is that my older brother played football volleyball and basketball and was nominated for high school athlete of the year and his midget friend kicked his ass, it was not even close
The stories you tell...
That is epic son!

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #66
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I guess it depends on how strong the midget is. I for one would have no problem hitting a midget.....moreso than a 5 year old so I would have zero guilt about it. I think I'd back myself towards a corner so that they only had one path to attack me and I could use my length of limbs advantage as much as I could. I think you need to keep the fighting as much one on one as possible. If like 10-50 pound midgets band together I'm probably going down and if I'm held down by 500 pounds and being bitten, and punched I'm probably finished. I think I could kick the lights out of about 4 and probably damage the 5th one good enough until the rest of the pack could pin me down. Of course if Supermidget is in that group I could be down a lot earlier.

But I can say this much...if it's midgets I wouldn't hesitate to cheat and use weapons. With 5 year olds I wouldn't be importing foreign objects.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #67
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I think 50 lbs is a little light for a midget.

I think 2-3 at most is what I would be able to take, if that - every punch is aimed at your groin and every kick is going to be hitting your shins. One is always going to get through no matter what kind of defense you are putting up.

Give me a baseball bat and that number goes up. Like playing Tee-ball.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #68
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

5yo arent that tall, you could easily take down a couple with kicks. Also picking them up and throwing them at others would be a great tactic. Also hair pulling, slapping, flying knees etc.

MYK
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #69
jam26
First Line Centre

Exp:

This discussion made for a hilarious bit on the Ron and Fez Show. The download is availabe here:

http://www.ronfez.net/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2916
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #70
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just skipped to the bottom... so I have no idea how many the Prez (TM) could take.

I bet about 5-10, but it depends if they were released as a swarm or staggered. If they were staggered maybe more, because you'd have time to take them out before the next one came. What an awesome thread.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #71
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoGnEtO View Post
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
For them to all be "healthy Americans" is one heck of a demographic abnormality.

Not being able to touch a wall doesn't help. I'd say about 20 before I start to get tired, or before the press of kids threatens to push me out of bounds.

Though if you can pile the bodies up into a safe wall to funnel the kids so that they can't swarm, you might be able to last considerably longer.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #72
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye View Post
For them to all be "healthy Americans" is one heck of a demographic abnormality.

Not being able to touch a wall doesn't help. I'd say about 20 before I start to get tired, or before the press of kids threatens to push me out of bounds.

Though if you can pile the bodies up into a safe wall to funnel the kids so that they can't swarm, you might be able to last considerably longer.
Funnel them through the "hot gates"?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #73
HelloHockeyFans
n00b!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I guess it depends on how strong the midget is. I for one would have no problem hitting a midget.....moreso than a 5 year old so I would have zero guilt about it.

But I can say this much...if it's midgets I wouldn't hesitate to cheat and use weapons.
HelloHockeyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #74
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Midgets, five year olds, whatever, I can take on as many as you got. As long as I can dip my legs in ether before the anklebiters arrive, I'll have no worries.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #75
lifer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Here's the way i see it. Midgets or 5 year olds are very small (stay with me, this is where it gets complicated), so they will have trouble climbing over things. The problem is you don't have things to stack and make them climb. You do have a room full of little people though; little people that you should be able to KO pretty quickly. Hammer the first 7 or so in front of you and try to pile them up around you...like a wall. Then the other midgets have to try to climb over them or move them. Each one you smash while they are trying to get at you improves your prospects of defense. Under these conditions these little fellas wouldn't be able to get at you in huge numbers. One or two at a time. I'm pretty confident that I could sit there all day knocking little kids or midgets down if they're coming one at a time.

My number...if my plan goes well, over a hundred...easy. I would own those little punks. I could probably keep punching, kicking, choking and throwing 5 year olds until I got bored or hungry.
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #76
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
. Hammer the first 7 or so in front of you and try to pile them up around you...like a wall.
Or you could stack them up to make a small mountain of five year olds. Stand on top of the mountain and then give them a big boot to the head when they try to climb the mountain. And when you want to give your foot a bit of a rest you could grab one and chokeslam him down on the mob of tiny below.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #77
lifer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
Or you could stack them up to make a small mountain of five year olds. Stand on top of the mountain and then give them a big boot to the head when they try to climb the mountain. And when you want to give your foot a bit of a rest you could grab one and chokeslam him down on the mob of tiny below.
that would be quite effective. as long as none of the little squirts regained consciousness while you were standing on them and took you down with a swift kick to the gooch. But I like where this is heading. Using the kids as fortifications and weapons. It's like we're in a developing country or something.
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #78
Grunt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Question 1:

How motivated do the other kids remain when I stomp through the chest of the first kid to go down like I'm smashing a pack of ketchup?

Question 2:

How many kids remain from the group after I smear the guts from the first smashed kid on my face before commencing to twist the other kids' heads off like they were bottle caps?

Question 3:

Am I allowed to use the skulls of any expired kids as bludgeoning weapons and do I have an empty pillow case to put a few heads in for said purpose?
This is the greatest post I've ever read. I read it 5 mins ago and I'm still laughing, lol. Bravo.
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #79
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
This is something no has considered. Everyone keeps talking about taking out a bunch and then getting swarmed. Well the 10 or 20 that get quickly knocked out would create an obstacle for the other kids and possibly yourself. If your plan is to stay planted and fight them off, you will have created a wall around you, either slowing down a possibly take down or bogging down your legs. If your plan was to run around, then all the kids you have knocked down will be all the over the place, making it much more difficult to escape a take down.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #80
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Funnel them through the "hot gates"?
Indeed. And I honestly was not even thinking of 300 when I posted that.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote