Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #2741
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Anyone going in on Quarter Hill after winning their two lawsuits against Apple for $100mil?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/QTRH.TO/
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2021, 02:11 PM   #2742
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
Ive been selling off my Cryptocurrency plays since September, was building them for about three years; only have 1/6 of them left.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Ya, I don't blame you. Its at about 1% of my portfolio now so pretty modest (get my feet wet). If institutions start selling off to get their profits and it comes crashing down well then ill load up, but I think $150k bitcoin by 2023 isnt out of the question either.

Last edited by Samonadreau; 02-28-2021 at 02:14 PM.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #2743
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
What's the pulse on crypto right now? Bought in Friday. My first buy in a crypto play... a few years too late but hopefully some tread left on those tires.
What crypto? you aren't late
Old 02-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #2744
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
What crypto? you aren't late
Just BTCC and BLOK. Not set up on any Crypto exchanges.

Glad to hear the vote of confidence. You holding any?
Old 02-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #2745
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, I don't blame you. Its at about 1% of my portfolio now so pretty modest (get my feet wet). If institutions start selling off to get their profits and it comes crashing down well then ill load up, but I think $150k bitcoin by 2023 isnt out of the question either.
I'll buy when it drops closer to power cost of the coin which is probably somewhere around 10k. (I haven't looked it a few months)

Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #2746
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just BTCC and BLOK. Not set up on any Crypto exchanges.

Glad to hear the vote of confidence. You holding any?
I hold BTC, ETH, and ADA

I have held BTC since early 2017 when it was $1500 and people in the other thread were mocking me for buying whole coins at that price. I would be shocked if BTC isn't over 100k this year, ADA over $10, and Either over $5k. Still in a bull cycle if you look at the historic 4 year cycles.

Have to warn you though lots of people will be butt hurt when you make money.

IMO ADA is the best buy right now...BTC at 100k is only 2x, ADA should 8x at least

Last edited by dino7c; 02-28-2021 at 05:40 PM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #2747
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I hold BTC, ETH, and ADA

I have held BTC since early 2017 when it was $1500 and people in the other thread were mocking me for buying whole coins at that price. I would be shocked if BTC isn't over 100k this year, ADA over $10, and Either over $5k. Still in a bull cycle if you look at the historic 4 year cycles.

IMO ADA is the best buy right now...BTC at 100k is only 2x, ADA should 8x at least
Past performance doesn't indicate future results; could BTC get above 100k 100%. But Cryptocurrency is a luxury good, when people feel good about their situation and feel they have extra money to through at Crypto it goes up. But when this pandemic is over people won't want to spend on cryptocurrency, they'll want to spend on getting the #### out of the house.

I hold cryptocurrency and have cryptocurrency stocks; I'm a long-term bull, medium-term bear, short-term who the #### knows. This year, I actually think it'll crash hard again.

I should fast then I expect in my stock holdings because they started trading as if BTC was at 100k already and ETH at 3k. There wasn't really upside on my most bull opinions about cryptocurrencies trajectory this year.

I also worry Tesla selling cars for BTC will have a massive downward effect on the currency as holders start cashing out.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:56 PM   #2748
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Past performance doesn't indicate future results; could BTC get above 100k 100%. But Cryptocurrency is a luxury good, when people feel good about their situation and feel they have extra money to through at Crypto it goes up. But when this pandemic is over people won't want to spend on cryptocurrency, they'll want to spend on getting the #### out of the house.

I hold cryptocurrency and have cryptocurrency stocks; I'm a long-term bull, medium-term bear, short-term who the #### knows. This year, I actually think it'll crash hard again.

I should fast then I expect in my stock holdings because they started trading as if BTC was at 100k already and ETH at 3k. There wasn't really upside on my most bull opinions about cryptocurrencies trajectory this year.

I also worry Tesla selling cars for BTC will have a massive downward effect on the currency as holders start cashing out.

You really think that many people will buy Tesla's with BTC? Also, that isn't cashing out its just transferring.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #2749
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
^^^^^
This post is reffering to SPCE, right?
PLTR. SPCE i'm loading tmw as well. I've waiting for these dips.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:37 PM   #2750
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ive been selling off my Cryptocurrency plays since September, was building them for about three years; only have 1/6 of them left.

Quote:
I hold BTC, ETH, and ADA

Which exchanges do you folks use? Coinbase?
Old 02-28-2021, 09:46 PM   #2751
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use bitfinex mostly

Coinsmart is also good if you are looking to e-transfer canadian funds for buying and get setup quick

Trezor for cold storage
Old 03-01-2021, 08:57 AM   #2752
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You really think that many people will buy Tesla's with BTC? Also, that isn't cashing out its just transferring.
Tesla's are in high demand on the resale market, so some users may see it as an opportunity to sell coins and then resell the car and Tesla won't want to sit on that much crypto so they will need to sell it.

So really to me, it's about the float, enough people just hold onto their coins due to not being able to cash out that the available float is lower than the total number of coins.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:03 AM   #2753
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Which exchanges do you folks use? Coinbase?
I used several coin exchanges, but haven't for 5+ years. But that isn't what I'm discussing here. My investments in cryptocurrency over the last three years have all been in my TSFA via cryptocurrency stocks. So Questrade .
Old 03-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #2754
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Tesla's are in high demand on the resale market, so some users may see it as an opportunity to sell coins and then resell the car and Tesla won't want to sit on that much crypto so they will need to sell it.

So really to me, it's about the float, enough people just hold onto their coins due to not being able to cash out that the available float is lower than the total number of coins.
This doesn't make any sense, sorry. If someone has bitcoin, and wants a fiat currency, they can just sell their bitcoin for that currency. Why would anyone want to take another step and buy a Tesla first, just to go through the hassle of then selling the Tesla to get the currency they wanted in the first place. Selling a car isn't just a few clicks on the keyboard, you need registration and insurance to drive it off the lot, then you need to sell your now used car and there's no way you're getting the same price as the dealership once you take possession. It makes no sense to do this.

And the reason Tesla is taking bitcoin for their cars isn't to then get rid of the bitcoin, it's because they want more bitcoin.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:35 AM   #2755
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Anyone going in on Quarter Hill after winning their two lawsuits against Apple for $100mil?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/QTRH.TO/
For some reason ive held a small amount of this for a couple years, any idea what its capable of doing?

Nice to finally see some green today, last week hurt really bad
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #2756
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Up 70% today...kablooom! I am in on this one at 0.17...sold half this morning at 0.59 then it shot up again. What a ride.
CMC Up another 50%

Unreal.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:22 AM   #2757
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
This doesn't make any sense, sorry. If someone has bitcoin, and wants a fiat currency, they can just sell their bitcoin for that currency.
Buying coins with fiat is easy, selling is not
Old 03-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #2758
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just bought a bit of NERD.CN; they just announced a partnership today with Staples this morning to provide SMEs with IT and cybersecurity services. Hopefully this is a fruitful play.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...812696625.html

Quote:
A trusted provider in the managed IT and cyber security space, Nerds On Site for Business can support Staples small business customers across Canada with remote and on-site solutions for everything from setting up a company's workforce to work from anywhere to managing an entire IT network.

"Nerds On Site is ready to support Canadian SMEs with customized IT solutions," said Charles Regan, CEO, Nerds On Site. "We are pleased to partner with Staples Canada on Nerds On Site for Business to reach more SMEs in need of IT services during this crucial time, with a suite of curated programs and resources that will provide the support they need to successfully and securely run their businesses."
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #2759
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Buying coins with fiat is easy, selling is not
You obviously don't know what you are talking about...it takes 30 seconds to sell crypto on a good exchange. Maybe 5+ years ago this was the case, not now.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #2760
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You obviously don't know what you are talking about...it takes 30 seconds to sell crypto on a good exchange. Maybe 5+ years ago this was the case, not now.
This is an overly aggressive post, with claims with no substance, welcome to my ignore list.