Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #61
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tickets for $23 plus fees: https://calgarysportsandentertainmen...rms/canada_day
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #62
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Even sell em at 10$ a pop and you're guaranteed people will be buying beers/food/merch while filling those seats.

I'm sad the Stamps won't budge on ticket prices.
And $10.50 cash only beer. I will not be renewing my season tickets. Calgary is by far the worst sports entertainment experience I have ever attended. Garbage food, overpriced beverages, and horrible facilities. The only people who would willingly spend money on this crap are people who haven't traveled elsewhere for sports entertainment.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #63
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah this city continues to fall further behind in terms of pro sports. It starts with the facilities and trickles down from there.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #64
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
And $10.50 cash only beer. I will not be renewing my season tickets. Calgary is by far the worst sports entertainment experience I have ever attended. Garbage food, overpriced beverages, and horrible facilities. The only people who would willingly spend money on this crap are people who haven't traveled elsewhere for sports entertainment.
Unfortunately, it's because they're all owned by the Flames.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #65
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the vendors are cash only. They got rid of beer tickets this year and added machines to most booths.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #66
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, it is super easy to get beer under Section R now with the tap debit machine. Maybe too easy lol

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:24 PM   #67
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They also have draught beer under section I which debit can be used for. Baby steps!

That said, the food is absolutely atrocious. My wife and I got two burgers from those barbecues Spots and they were burnt pieces of shrapnel with a price tags of 11 bucks each I think. They were legitimately inedible and we were super hungry coming straight from work from work for thnow Thursday night game.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #68
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes, ex-Stamp Brandon Browner arrested:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-form...233110763.html

Quote:
Former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner was arrested Sunday following a chase in Azusa, Calif., according to a report from NBC Los Angeles. Per the report, Browner was arrested wanted for kidnapping, false imprisonment, burglary, grand theft auto and violation of restraining order.

This comes less than three weeks after Browner reportedly spent two days in jail for battery and child endangerment. He was also arrested in the past for drug charges and making criminal threats.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #69
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

He actually made a lot of money (over $13 million) for a guy that started in the CFL. Such a shame that his life appears to be spiraling out of control after football.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #70
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ Agreed. Despite all of the issues with drug testing, etc. I was really happy to see him succeed in the NFL, and pick up a couple of Super Bowl rings along the way. Hope he can get things figured out soon.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #71
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of injuries coming off a bye week:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1017057661483798528

https://twitter.com/user/status/1017057935552339968

https://twitter.com/user/status/1017058029198626816

Old 07-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #72
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Yikes, ex-Stamp Brandon Browner arrested:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-form...233110763.html
And now charged with attempted murder, along with felony robbery, burglary and false imprisonment

Not looking good...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...empted-murder/
Old 07-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #73
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a dillhole:

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/foo...d-1c770c08da62

Quote:
Kyries Hebert isn’t backing down from being Public Enemy No. 1 in Calgary.

Instead, when he was asked about that distinction on Wednesday in Ottawa, the Redblacks linebacker decided to take a shot at former Stampeders running back Jon Cornish.

Hebert , with the Montreal Alouettes at the time, was fined in 2014 after delivering a brutal illegal hit to Cornish’s head that left the Stamps great with a serious concussion.

On June 28, Hebert again took a head shot at a member of the Stampeders, this time earning a one-game suspension for going high on receiver DaVaris Daniels.

That prompted a — since deleted — tweet from Cornish calling for the Redblacks to release Hebert, who brought it up Wednesday when he was asked about the perception of him as a dirty player among Calgarians.

“It’s not something I care about, no,” Hebert said. “I saw Cornish had a tweet but it was kind of soft, which is how I always treated him on the field.

“Whatever, I’m here to support my team and my family and the fans of (Redblacks nation), that’s who I care about.”
Quote:
It was Cornish, though, who drew the ire of Hebert.

“(Hebert) forfeited his right to be in this league,” Cornish wrote after the hit on Daniels. “It’s time for us to all stand up for one another and state we will not accept this behaviour. Please join me in asking the (Redblacks) to release Kyrie Hebert.”

On Wednesday, Hebert chose to defend his record while accepting that his hit on Daniels was illegal.

“There’s a way to do things and that wasn’t the way, so make adjustments,” Hebert said. “I have over 800 career tackles, I’ve been in trouble five times, maybe. So the ratio’s not like it’s an every play incident (or) occurrence. I’m going to clean it up, like I said, the most important thing is our team and being available for them.”

Old 07-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #74
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeking any kind of retribution on Hebert is pointless, he's a lost cause - You want to punish the REDBLACKS, put a little extra oomph into tackling Greg Ellingson or William Powell, keep it clean, mind you, but send a message just the same.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #75
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would Cornish delete that tweet? He IS the greatest running back in CFL history and his time was cut short by that dbag.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #76
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

News on Bo Levi Mitchell is about as good as could be expected...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1017823652744589313

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/07/1...ctural-damage/
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #77
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
good to hear
but just as a precautionary. they should sit him for the next game.

We're not in a bind for wins and it's just the Al's we're facing next
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #78
OminousFlames
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
good to hear
but just as a precautionary. they should sit him for the next game.

We're not in a bind for wins and it's just the Al's we're facing next
I have very little confidence in Arbuckle. We'd probably lose 10-7 or something if he is playing. If Bo is good to go.. I'd have him play the first half.. and if they're up by more than 10, then sit him the second half.

Every game is important, you never know what will happen in the second half of the season where they may need these wins.
OminousFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #79
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousFlames View Post
I have very little confidence in Arbuckle. We'd probably lose 10-7 or something if he is playing. If Bo is good to go.. I'd have him play the first half.. and if they're up by more than 10, then sit him the second half.

Every game is important, you never know what will happen in the second half of the season where they may need these wins.
The Stamps start playing against divisional opponents after the Montreal game. If Bo needs another week of recovery, I'd rather trot Arbuckle out there and see what happens rather than risk additional injury that could set Bo back even further. Every game is important, but divisional games are even more important.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #80
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp: