Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #1241
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good deal. I stayed at the Decameron about 4 years ago and had a blast. Pretty good food and there's an awesome little bar down the street that shows hockey games.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #1242
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey Chris, what happened to the YVR deals site?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #1243
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Hey Chris, what happened to the YVR deals site?
Right now YVRdeals.com is just a simple redirect to the Facebook group. The redirect is handled by the domain registrar.

But from time to time the domain registrar screws up and throws a bad gateway error. I should probably just redirect it myself on the server but haven't bothered, maybe I'll do that now.

Anyways, long story short, you can go here for the Vancouver group.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #1244
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For the West coast lurkers, Air Transat has a last minute flight from Vancouver to Madrid, Spain for $560 roundtrip after tax. July 17-25.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 07-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #1245
bcsoda
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey Chris,

I have a friend who wants to fly from Calgary to Moncton anytime between August 9-22. Are there any good deals that you know of?

Thanks in advance!
bcsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #1246
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsoda View Post
Hey Chris,

I have a friend who wants to fly from Calgary to Moncton anytime between August 9-22. Are there any good deals that you know of?

Thanks in advance!
Hi BCsoda,

There hasn't been any real spectacular sales within Canada for the summer. I think the cheapest she'll find is around $615 roundtrip after tax using Air Canada. August 12 to 19 looks like two of the cheapest dates.

I mean really, all you can do is look at Air Canada and WestJet, and make a note of the cheapest pre-tax dates to fly.

Both WestJet and AC have codes out right now for 10% off, but they expire tonight at midnight...

WestJet

http://www.westjet.com/promotion/

Save an extra 10% off new online bookings when you travel up to September 30, 2010.

To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the Promo code PCR34 and Coupon code O1UK7QG are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Bookings must be made by July 16, 2010 (11:59pm CT) and travel must occur before September 30, 2010.

Air Canada

Air Canada has released a 10% off coupon code for Tango flights within Canada. See fine print for details.

* Coupon Code: Q4TZUR91
* Discount: 10%
* Expires: July 16, 2010 midnight, from your city of departure
* Travel by: September 30, 2010

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a..._discount.html

Last edited by cmyden; 07-16-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #1247
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm thinking about going to Bali. Have you been there? When is the best time to go? I was thinking about going next month before school starts.
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #1248
bcsoda
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Hi BCsoda,

There hasn't been any real spectacular sales within Canada for the summer. I think the cheapest she'll find is around $615 roundtrip after tax using Air Canada. August 12 to 19 looks like two of the cheapest dates....
That's what I thought, but figured it might be worth asking anyway. Thanks again
bcsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #1249
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Another cheap late summer option to Europe...

Calgary to London Gatwick (LGW) - Aug 26 to Sep 16 - $580 roundtrip after tax.

Can also return on the 18th, 23rd, 25th, same price.

http://www.airtransat.ca/

Old 07-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #1250
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
I'm thinking about going to Bali. Have you been there? When is the best time to go? I was thinking about going next month before school starts.
Hi Jeremy,

I've never been, but would love to go. Apparently June or late September are good times to go. The weather is still cool and dry (cool as in low of 24C, high of 32C) but avoiding the July/August crowds.

One thing you can do is look for a good price to Jakarta (CGK) and then take something like Indonesia Air Asia to Bali (DPS) and back for around $140 roundtrip.

cM

Old 07-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #1251
jjbouma
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
I was there late June of last year. It was perfect weather and not overly busy. I would definitely recommend going. If you can get to either Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Jakarta for a good price, a return flight to Denpasar on either Air Asia or Tiger Airways is really cheap.
jjbouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #1252
Phaneuf3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Thanks Phaneuf, the best Cuba deals seem to be up to September at the moment. Melia Las Dunas for example is $672/person after tax in August/September but jumps to over $1000 for October.

Nice resort: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Maria_Cuba.htm

I would say the same applies for all all-inclusive destinations at the moment. Some good prices in September, but not much for Oct/Nov.

The best at the moment looks to be the El Cid Castilla in Mazatlan for $830 in October.

cM
Did Air Canada stop flying direct from Calgary to Santa Clara? I know they did that route last September. Everything I can find for that area now connects through Toronto with pretty bad stopover times.
Phaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #1253
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Umm does it really cost $400 to fly to victoria (~august 8) flying out of Vancouver August 15th? Crazy! You can sometimes get to montreal for this price
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #1254
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Umm does it really cost $400 to fly to victoria (~august 8) flying out of Vancouver August 15th? Crazy! You can sometimes get to montreal for this price
I hear you... I'm considering Seattle in September, but it's $450, unless you connect in Salt Lake City. Last summer I flew to Tokyo for that (thanks cmyden), and that connected in Seattle!
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #1255
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Quote:
I hear you... I'm considering Seattle in September, but it's $450, unless you connect in Salt Lake City. Last summer I flew to Tokyo for that (thanks cmyden), and that connected in Seattle!
Yeah, deals have been harder to come by in 2010. In 2009 the airlines were still reeling a bit from all the financial woes of the world. They cut capacity, and fares.

I haven't seen a good deal to Seattle in a long time. And there really haven't been any good WestJet or Air Canada sales since the one they had in April. I guess their numbers must be pretty decent for the summer if they don't have to offer any sales.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #1256
Sled
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm looking for Vegas September 2nd to 5th from Calgary. Would love to take the wife on a nice trip, any suggestions on cheap flights?

Sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #1257
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looking for some flights around august 13 or 12th to 15th for my wedding in vegas. Some people still haven't booked. All I am finding is just over 500. Anyone else able to find anything cheaper?
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #1258
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I just took a quick look at Expedia.....if you want from the 11-15 there are some just over $400 (I'm assuming you're leaving from Calgary?), if you want the 12-15 then it is a few bucks more, around $430. Might be cheaper to get a package deal than just a flight. But that was just a 5 minute look, I'm sure Chris has probably got something a bit better.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #1259
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hi, looking to take a trip to anywhere aug aug 22-sept 5.
Want best city forthe dollar. I Assume a US destination would be my best bet on this?

Not neccessarily those specific dates, just sometime between those dates.

I don't really know how to find deals other than looking at expedia, travelocjty, and the like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #1260
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I just took a quick look at Expedia.....if you want from the 11-15 there are some just over $400 (I'm assuming you're leaving from Calgary?), if you want the 12-15 then it is a few bucks more, around $430. Might be cheaper to get a package deal than just a flight. But that was just a 5 minute look, I'm sure Chris has probably got something a bit better.

are you on the american site? I am getting 480 as cheapest
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote