Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2023, 09:18 AM   #6341
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
It’s about winning, I said Trudeau is handing this election to Smith and nothing you posted shows I was “Lieing”
So, this post basically contradicts your entire posting style on this forum. You're saying it's okay for a politician to do whatever they want, even be "cynical, manipulative and unfair", so long as it produces results.

So, any complaints you had/have about Trudeau/Singh/Notley/etc. are pointless, because by your own logic, what they do is fine, if it gets them results. Good job Yoho, you just justified all of Trudeau's scandals as PM because I mean, he's still PM, right? The ends justify the means!

You can't seem to go 24 hours on this forum without contradicting your own logic. It's a sign that you have no idea what you're talking about. That along with your stance on Filipino people has done a great job of representing conservative values and both the CPC and UPC.

You clown.

Last edited by b1crunch; 01-20-2023 at 09:47 AM.
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #6342
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Honestly, the constant bashing of Yoho is just killing this thread. How it can be fine to have personal attack after personal attack on them is just beyond me. It's what kills political debates in general, in my opinion, because people aren't going to debate and can't just have an actual conversation about the issues at hand.

And before someone gives me the "well, what kind of debate is Yoho providing here?!", can you blame them? Like it's allegation after allegation about them and how stupid they are or whatever. It's tiresome.

To top it all off though, the truth is they probably just troll you guys who can't resist it now.

Anyway...just my thoughts and I'm sure that I'll be flamed for them.

Can you point to a time before this where they provided honest debate on anything?

This isn’t exactly a situation where a poster said something extremely ignorant and dumb, once, and got slammed relentlessly for it ever since. They have always been a horrendously poor poster and use CP,l presume primarily because if they just retweeted on Twitter they’d receive zero engagement.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:24 AM   #6343
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, the constant bashing of Yoho is just killing this thread. How it can be fine to have personal attack after personal attack on them is just beyond me. It's what kills political debates in general, in my opinion, because people aren't going to debate and can't just have an actual conversation about the issues at hand.

And before someone gives me the "well, what kind of debate is Yoho providing here?!", can you blame them? Like it's allegation after allegation about them and how stupid they are or whatever. It's tiresome.

To top it all off though, the truth is they probably just troll you guys who can't resist it now.

But you said it right here. He doesn't debate. He posts from tweets to articles without actually reading the articles and doesn't offer any of his own commentary. When asked to back up any claims or rational for why he posts them, he ignores it. Though to be fair, it's reached the point that he's likely incapable of backing up his arguments because he's posting so many things without doing so.

At least you're willing to back up your side of things with a healthy debate.

He's definitely trolling at this point and the board would be better without him on it because everyone else is incapable of ignoring him.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:25 AM   #6344
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:

I mean, when people like Yoho post braindead/contradictory/seemlingly racist crap, yea, some people are going to call him out on it. I don't want to live in a society where we let these kinds of things go.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #6345
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much the anticipated response. He doesn't debate, so we can just fire personal attacks. Knock yourself out, I guess.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:29 AM   #6346
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And before someone gives me the "well, what kind of debate is Yoho providing here?!", can you blame them? Like it's allegation after allegation about them and how stupid they are or whatever.
As someone who has had Yoho on ignore for quite some time now and only sees their posts when someone is misguided enough to quote them, this is not a chicken and egg problem. Yoho's posts are a complete waste of disk space on these forums, and the treatment he's being subjected to in this thread was precipitated by the content he shares and manner in which he conducts himself and engages in discussion -- and I'm being generous when I use the phrase "engages in discussion". Everyone treating him like he was raised on eating lead paint chips is the fruits of his own labour.

Again, I put him on ignore ages ago, and the forum is a far less stupid place for my having done so; I'd recommend people give it a go.

Quote:
Honestly, the constant bashing of Yoho is just killing this thread.
Hilariously, your tepid defense of him has now completely derailed the thread into talking about why he's such a net-negative on the forum. Bravo!

Last edited by TorqueDog; 01-20-2023 at 09:32 AM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:30 AM   #6347
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not sure this will go over well, but this line....I despise. It comes across like "I put out an opinion and don't want any actual feedback on it". I don't know, its a message board, you have the most popular opinion, the least popular opinion, whatever it is opinion....you are going to get flack for it. Its how it goes. As I mentioned earlier, I grew up in rural, rural Alberta and would walk into meetings as a youth sometimes disagreeing with things. That was....an experience to say the least. But put yourself out there, people are going to respond in all sorts of ways...
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:32 AM   #6348
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty much the anticipated response. He doesn't debate, so we can just fire personal attacks. Knock yourself out, I guess.
As far as I can tell, he doesn't;t get attacked personally because he doesn't debate. He gets attacked because he posts things that can be construed as racist and illogical. Totally different than what you're suggesting.

Last edited by b1crunch; 01-20-2023 at 09:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:33 AM   #6349
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It does appear he's somewhat trolling with some of the links and stories he posts but then I see posters calling him a racist and the whole thing looks bad for everyone involved.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:39 AM   #6350
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It does appear he's somewhat trolling with some of the links and stories he posts but then I see posters calling him a racist and the whole thing looks bad for everyone involved.
He's atleast indirectly confirmed that he's a racist POS. He just skirts the fine line between ban/not-ban worthy very well so doesn't see any mod repercussions yet.

His counterpart, Yikes, is in the sin bin because he let out too much racism accidentally on purpose lol.

Yoho is trained well and will not make the same mistake! The troll bots are improving!
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:42 AM   #6351
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually Yoho was banned for like a week or so a while back. I have no idea what for, but I'm sure it was both deserved and not nearly long enough.

Don't know that I would call Yikes his counterpart -- the thing that made Yikes' post so shocking is that it really came out of nowhere, at least for what posts of theirs I had read previously.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:44 AM   #6352
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
I mean, when people like Yoho post braindead/contradictory/seemlingly racist crap, yea, some people are going to call him out on it. I don't want to live in a society where we let these kinds of things go.
Agreed, intolerance of intolerance isn't intolerance

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:51 AM   #6353
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
He's atleast indirectly confirmed that he's a racist POS. He just skirts the fine line between ban/not-ban worthy very well so doesn't see any mod repercussions yet.

His counterpart, Yikes, is in the sin bin because he let out too much racism accidentally on purpose lol.

Yoho is trained well and will not make the same mistake! The troll bots are improving!
I'm not going to go through the thread to find the details about how he's "indirectly" a racist. I just feel that the word gets thrown around a little too much in political disagreements. Politicians like Trudeau like to use the word to divide and I don't find it terribly constructive unless it's blatant as in the case of the other poster. If you really think he's a racist then put him on ignore rather than chase him around calling him a racist. The entire Alberta politics discussion has been sidetracked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:51 AM   #6354
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
As someone who has had Yoho on ignore for quite some time now and only sees their posts when someone is misguided enough to quote them, this is not a chicken and egg problem. Yoho's posts are a complete waste of disk space on these forums, and the treatment he's being subjected to in this thread was precipitated by the content he shares and manner in which he conducts himself and engages in discussion -- and I'm being generous when I use the phrase "engages in discussion". Everyone treating him like he was raised on eating lead paint chips is the fruits of his own labour.

Again, I put him on ignore ages ago, and the forum is a far less stupid place for my having done so; I'd recommend people give it a go.

Hilariously, your tepid defense of him has now completely derailed the thread into talking about why he's such a net-negative on the forum. Bravo!
Yeah, because page after page, and post after post of hearing about what an idiot Yoho is wasn't already derailing any discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
I'm not sure this will go over well, but this line....I despise. It comes across like "I put out an opinion and don't want any actual feedback on it". I don't know, its a message board, you have the most popular opinion, the least popular opinion, whatever it is opinion....you are going to get flack for it. Its how it goes. As I mentioned earlier, I grew up in rural, rural Alberta and would walk into meetings as a youth sometimes disagreeing with things. That was....an experience to say the least. But put yourself out there, people are going to respond in all sorts of ways...
I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't get feedback. I just knew that people who seem to enjoy bashing Yoho weren't going to like my thought on it. To each their own. I feel like I've made my point in asking for some decorum, and pretty clearly people disagree.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:53 AM   #6355
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There have been dozens of attempts to engage them in genuine dialogue on several different occasions. They ignored them all. They are obviously trolling at this point...ignoring them would be ideal, but poking fun is also fine.

They represent a depressing reminder of what this province is up against and the braindead idiocy that may subject us to another term of this madness.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:58 AM   #6356
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm not going to go through the thread to find the details about how he's "indirectly" a racist. I just feel that the word gets thrown around a little too much in political disagreements. Politicians like Trudeau like to use the word to divide and I don't find it terribly constructive unless it's blatant as in the case of the other poster. If you really think he's a racist then put him on ignore rather than chase him around calling him a racist. The entire Alberta politics discussion has been sidetracked.
Omg it's not that hard to find...it was literally last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
And then avoid all questions about said post.

Also weird that you somehow brought in Trudeau in all of this lol.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 10:00 AM   #6357
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This is a discussion forum. If you post something, you should be willing to discuss why you posted it. He doesn't.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 10:02 AM   #6358
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Omg it's not that hard to find...it was literally last week:

And then avoid all questions about said post.

Also weird that you somehow brought in Trudeau in all of this lol.
I brought him up as an example of how it's used the wrong way. So him posting a link of a Calgary Herald article is proof he's racist? What the hell is going on in this thread?
Old 01-20-2023, 10:03 AM   #6359
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't get feedback. I just knew that people who seem to enjoy bashing Yoho weren't going to like my thought on it. To each their own. I feel like I've made my point in asking for some decorum, and pretty clearly people disagree.
I say this with best intentions, but not sure the below really adds to the decorum angle

Quote:
Sure, it would be great if everyone exchanged pleasant handshakes after each opinion. I kid but I am 100% with you on decorum, in fact its actually what I discussed with my MLA the last time they came to the door.

And, actually, as I think about it, that experience is kind of an apt metaphor for how I feel things have been going here. We disagreed on some stuff, but I actually had a good conversation with the MLA. He was open, conceeded/agreed to some of my points, was respectful, and gasp even acknowledged that he and his party have just as much work to do to be respectful as the other guys....

....yet, in a conversation about decorum, his helper that was tagging along randomly interjected, with some odd comments about "yeah well bad other team!", "you don't know!", "something nonsensical not even really in the conversation", let out a sarcastic laugh, and....left.

The MLA stood with a bit of a bewildered look on his face, talked a bit more respectfully, and then left.

No offense, to you or Yoho, but....by and large, Yoho, you remind me of the helper. You keep dropping random things in, and when you do engage, its extremely, extremely limited. You've left the Smith legal system interference all alone. The Filipino discussion has continued, because you have never come back to it. You dropped in some thing criticizing the announcement of it, didn't give much feedback, and then just kept ignoring it and ignoring it and ignoring it, and as a result people kept asking about it asking about it....and now here we are.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:10 AM   #6360
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyway, back on topic (?), I don't know what the heck Smith's comms is thinking or doing, because this is the messaging they are putting out over the period and .....its significantly confusing to be kind....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1616245850371657730