Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #4861
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
I know this is an AB Politics thread and I don't think AB is handing this winter surge of cases or the overall health system well, this does seem to be a big issue in Canada across the board.

Our Canadian healthcare system is literally falling apart and it has been from before Covid but it's getting worse. I am really really wondering where the federal government is on this and why there has been such little actual action or leadership??

This is a prime example just like with Covid, lockdowns and other things where the Feds let the Premiers do the heavy lifting and they sat back and handed out chq's and programs mostly.

I mean surely there can be a handful of areas where the federal government can take a hand and show some actual change and impact in some capacity for now and the future? It's not even about spending money but reducing barriers entry, streamlining, thinking outside the box, changing immigration rules or certification etc.

The same thing is happening with the supply chains and general inflation. We get talking points about how concerned they are with things and how they are investing in the middle class etc but is anything actually happening of value?

It's wild what is happening in this country across the board

The less the feds touch the better. Less equals more in this situation unless they are increasing funding to help with ER wait times, ambulance wait times and front line essentials. They’d do well spending less on things that expire and they have to throw out because of awful planning.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:35 AM   #4862
Knut

Exp:

Health Care is firmly provincial jurisdiction. So Even if the feds provide a cash infusion it doesnt meant he province will use it the correct way.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 09:48 AM   #4863
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

BC’s health care is in shambles as well.

This isn’t a certain Provincial political parties failure.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #4864
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Healthcare has been an issue for over a decade here, just exposed further by a global pandemic. The difference between the parties is one actually wants to fix it while the other actively tries to make it worse
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 09:56 AM   #4865
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Instead of complaining or giving him an audience, I encourage you to click this link and press Yes.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/profil...ignore&u=14399

I’ve never used the ignore feature until today.

With tweets not loading anymore on Tapatalk, this basically just resolved itself.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #4866
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post

For sure. Alberta never had an advantage of massive resource wealth it pissed away for 40 years while healthcare crumbled. This is clearly the fault of the long-governing NDP and their inability to manage taxation, spending, and healthcare.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:03 AM   #4867
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
I saw this tweet and was like "Why is Guenther Steiner weighing in on Alberta politics??" Need more coffee.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 10:05 AM   #4868
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just because other provinces are also struggling right now doesn't excuse our own failings.

Especially since we have the resources to ensure a more functioning system.

Pointing fingers at what other people are doing, while not acknowledging that you can be better and lead by example is a childish excuse for allowing the currently unacceptable situation to continue.

It is lazy. It lets those in seats of power off the hook for who they are accountable to. "Other provinces aren't either, so I won't even try" is the equivalent of "the other kids did it, so I can too." I sure as hell don't let my kid run around without pants on at school, so an excuse of "but the other kids do it" flies like a lead balloon.

But it's the UCP, so lets let their childish antics continue, right? Let's let them feel like because the rest of the country isn't performing, that it is acceptable for them to fail as well?

Be better. Demand better. Lead by example. Set the model of success that the rest of the provinces in Canada look up to.

Hey Yoho. Instead of posting some BS twitter articles today that do nothing, why don't you spend your time instead and head on down to the Rotary Flames House and explain to the families and the kids in palliative care why the UPC is doing a great job.

Explain it real simple, since they are kids, and probably can't understand the 4-D chess that the UCP has planned to make what is left of their lives better.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 10:17 AM   #4869
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Just because other provinces are also struggling right now doesn't excuse our own failings.

Especially since we have the resources to ensure a more functioning system.

Pointing fingers at what other people are doing, while not acknowledging that you can be better and lead by example is a childish excuse for allowing the currently unacceptable situation to continue.

It is lazy. It lets those in seats of power off the hook for who they are accountable to. "Other provinces aren't either, so I won't even try" is the equivalent of "the other kids did it, so I can too." I sure as hell don't let my kid run around without pants on at school, so an excuse of "but the other kids do it" flies like a lead balloon.

But it's the UCP, so lets let their childish antics continue, right? Let's let them feel like because the rest of the country isn't performing, that it is acceptable for them to fail as well?

Be better. Demand better. Lead by example. Set the model of success that the rest of the provinces in Canada look up to.

Hey Yoho. Instead of posting some BS twitter articles today that do nothing, why don't you spend your time instead and head on down to the Rotary Flames House and explain to the families and the kids in palliative care why the UPC is doing a great job.

Explain it real simple, since they are kids, and probably can't understand the 4-D chess that the UCP has planned to make what is left of their lives better.
He'd find it empty. Need to go to the overcrowded Children's hospital now to track down those kids now. Not that someone like Yoho gives a flying #### about anyone else, children, seniors, people struggling. Not his ####ing problem!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:23 AM   #4870
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The classic George Carlin quote about Conservates only giving a #### about your health while you're a fetus then you're on your own after that still rings true. I can't remember the whole thing but know it ends with "If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ####ed.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #4871
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Healthcare has been an issue for over a decade here, just exposed further by a global pandemic. The difference between the parties is one actually wants to fix it while the other actively tries to make it worse
Aren’t they though.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6607357

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelown...-the-workforce

Last edited by Yoho; 12-07-2022 at 12:37 PM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:36 PM   #4872
Calgary Highlander
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
I saw this tweet and was like "Why is Guenther Steiner weighing in on Alberta politics??" Need more coffee.
You do not foksmash my healthcare!
Calgary Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary Highlander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 12:43 PM   #4873
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Health Care is firmly provincial jurisdiction. So Even if the feds provide a cash infusion it doesnt meant he province will use it the correct way.
In fact the feds offered more money but with the stipulation that it had have proof that it was used for healthcare so the UCP said no thanks then.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #4874
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
In fact the feds offered more money but with the stipulation that it had have proof that it was used for healthcare so the UCP said no thanks then.
Supporters of a party that declined federal funding, wants the feds out of our pensions, wants the feds out of our police force, and wants to be able to ignore federal laws, are now whining like spoiled children that the federal government isn’t doing enough in areas they’ve tried to help in and been rebuffed?

Wow, this is so surprising and unexpected.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 01:35 PM   #4875
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can't believe the Alberta government did this to bc
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #4876
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
What a bunch of ####s

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:36 PM   #4877
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So the foreign sourced drugs are coming from Turkey? And from the pharm company that is run by the Dr Oz family.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #4878
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
So the foreign sourced drugs are coming from Turkey? And from the pharm company that is run by the Dr Oz family.
Sounds about right.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #4879
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Interesting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1600596984184045568
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #4880
Fuzz