Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2022, 07:03 PM   #2381
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
Yeah guys, let's pretend Danielle Smith is some unknown that hasn't been in Alberta politics for decades now.

And that her own words is "twitter troll nonsense."
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #2382
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
It’s the first I’ve heard of it

Didn't you say you voted in the UCP leadership race?

You did so without even a cursory look into the candidates proposals?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 07:07 PM   #2383
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe if people discussed policy and why they don’t actually like Smith vs reposting twitter troll nonsense which is akin to saying someone read the National Enquire once. There’s also a lot of bigotry, misogynism in here, maybe that’s why people don’t want to bother to engage.

Let Danielle Smith put forth some policy. I’m not even defending her as she’s quite capable. I’ll vote for the party with the best policies and what’s best for Alberta.

Maybe you missed the whole sovereignty act nonsense she’s been touting. This has nothing to do with misogyny and everything to do with the fact that a dangerous ideologue has made incendiary comments non stop since being made premier and that’s just scratching the surface of her true authoritarian beliefs.

She’s pure evil, and will ruin Alberta.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:10 PM   #2384
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

lmao @Macman
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 07:14 PM   #2385
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe if people discussed policy and why they don’t actually like Smith vs reposting twitter troll nonsense which is akin to saying someone read the National Enquire once. There’s also a lot of bigotry, misogynism in here, maybe that’s why people don’t want to bother to engage.

Let Danielle Smith put forth some policy. I’m not even defending her as she’s quite capable. I’ll vote for the party with the best policies and what’s best for Alberta.
Everybody believes you.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:33 PM   #2386
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Didn't you say you voted in the UCP leadership race?

You did so without even a cursory look into the candidates proposals?
No, I didn’t buy a membership or vote for Smith. That health policy was just released as well.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #2387
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Everybody believes you.

I don't get the hint of sarcasm. I definitely believe a card-carrying member of the UCP who did no research before voting for candidates is the type of person who will carefully weigh policy proposals between multiple parties before choosing which one to vote for.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #2388
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It’s the first I’ve heard of it and so far it’s only being proposed with current MLAs saying it’s not a great idea but if it helps people with dental and prescriptions costs, that could be be beneficial to people without benefits.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6586386
This one was quite a big deal during the leadership race. You essentially could provide Pharmacare for the same amount of money. It’s so out of touch with the needs of Albertans.

If you want to find dental care fund it. If you want to fund pharmacare fund it. This wierd $300 rebate to everyone to use on pseudoscience just wastes precious health resources.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 07:50 PM   #2389
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
No, I didn’t buy a membership or vote for Smith.

Ahh, I had you confused with the other sycophant.

Quote:
That health policy was just released as well.

Not really. She announced it in July.

https://twitter.com/abdaniellesmith/...37949808394246
Old 10-16-2022, 07:54 PM   #2390
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Okay. Which of these awful decisions will Smith undo?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:23 PM   #2391
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:

You got some evidence of this claim?
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 08:28 PM   #2392
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
It’s the first I’ve heard of it and so far it’s only being proposed with current MLAs saying it’s not a great idea but if it helps people with dental and prescriptions costs, that could be be beneficial to people without benefits.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6586386
She's been talking about this plan for a while now. I read about it during the campaign trail, and she wrote an essay for a journal on it a while back.

You can get upset with people and claim they need to wait for her policies, but that's what a campaign is for. She's already argued for her policies and now being judged on that. Sorry if you don't think she should be judged for things she's said, but that's not how politics works.

To me it seems like you are getting upset at people on this forum because you are less informed than them. "I've never heard of that before, therefore everyone's frustration is invalid". That's a you problem.

Also, she was highly judged on this forum for her comments about anti-vaxxers being discriminated. Again, these are things she said. If we can't judge her on things she's said or says than what the hell is the point of discussing politics at all? Every politician should be judged on the things they say. You're certainly free to disagree with people and their views, but the arguments you made make no sense.

Your stance is ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:39 PM   #2393
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah come on guys, just giver her a chance. It's not fair to judge her based on her words and actions
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 09:29 PM   #2394
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
You got some evidence of this claim?
Well the poster who thanked your post said she should be buried alive and that she (Smith) should be at home barefoot and pregnant in her kitchen. Are those acceptable things to say or am I being ridiculous and overreacting? Or saying all conservatives can’t think. That’s bigotry.

As far as the list that was posted, Smith has been premier for a week.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:40 PM   #2395
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Well the poster who thanked your post said she should be buried alive and that she (Smith) should be at home barefoot and pregnant in her kitchen. Are those acceptable things to say or am I being ridiculous and overreacting? Or saying all conservatives can’t think. That’s bigotry.

You're being ridiculous for your opinion that a person (Smith) can't be judged on things she's said, or because you haven't heard of them before. That's absolutely ridiculous.

As for the other stuff, I'll let the poster in question speak for himself, because I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Interesting though that you're willing to judge people on this forum for things they've said but not the Premier. I mean one of those is an internet rando and the other is the political leader of the province.

Also, it's a political discussion thread. I've seen lots of people say negative things about conservatives, ndp, as well as liberals. Were you equally outraged and outspoken when posters ridicule the ndp and liberals? I'm not saying either is right, but I've definitely seen it go both ways.

Last edited by b1crunch; 10-16-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:44 PM   #2396
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:

What does this mean? Are you saying she can't be judged for things she said/did before being Premier?

Trudeau and his failures (blackface) will be happy to know that, I guess.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:09 PM   #2397
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come on macman.

I mean this as no I'll will, but you come across as someone who is knows these are bad actions, but are so ridiculously dug in that you can't admit it.

It's ok. No one's going to think of you as a "bad" conservative for not voting for the party's candidate. In fact, quite the opposite, it shows you have morals and critical thought.

I've voted for just about every party in this province. Stop, take a step and look at things with an unbiased eye. This isn't hockey where the home team is number 1 no matter what. It's ok to put them in the penalty box when they deserve it; in fact, it's your duty as a citizen.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 10:10 PM   #2398
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
One of the worst posts of the year. Congrats.

I think you've misunderstood me. I know that Danielle Smith is a dangerous idiot. But we live in a political climate where saying and doing stupid deplorable stuff is not enough to stop people from supporting you.

Hillary Clinton ran on a moral high ground campaign and lost. Moral high ground is painfully subjective. Folk are uncertain about NDP economics. To me, proving they have a solid and reasonable plan is their path to office
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:26 PM   #2399
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

She's also apparently considering pulling the plug on the Springbank dam, despite $/construction/finally a decision made.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1581766944738643969

Last edited by RedHot25; 10-16-2022 at 10:29 PM.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:44 PM   #2400
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I asked which items you think she will undo? I am genuinely happy to have a policy discussion as you requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
She's also apparently considering pulling the plug on the Springbank dam, despite $/construction/finally a decision made.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1581766944738643969
Maybe we can repurpose the diggings for a mass grave for the most discriminated group in the last 50 years or so. Not saying I want them killed, but surely they've run out of places for all the bodies if things here were worse than Rwanda.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote