- Gaudreau two assists to get to 500 points
- Lindholm hat trick
- Flames score 4 in game!
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:13 PM   #2
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Pretty much nailed it Bingo, good summary. Always enjoy your summary when I miss a game.
Sofa GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was a good game, a good road effort, and a pretty even one that could have gone either way.

Kuznetsov had a breakaway 100 seconds into the game, and hit the post. He scored there and it could have been a very different game.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #4
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the missed calls, there were definitely a few that we got the benefit for, and some we missed out on. Consistency is something that I hope is there though. It can get quite annoying to see the same plays get missed after being called earlier in the game.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Hey....2 points ....it was exciting and this team looks different already.
When they finally see what hard work does more often than not they'll realize....hmmm....Darryls being hard on us is how we win.
I'm glad it's sinking in.

New attitude, changed narrative, nothing heals a broken heart faster than a new found love .

I love seeing the fellas have some early success and on the road too. Good to see em bond and get the W .
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 AM   #6
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

We're a top defensive team...thanks Sutter. Every Matt Stajan, Troy Brouwer, Bouma, or Neal we sign instead of emphasizing a top coach should be referenced back to this point.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:17 AM   #7
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do you finish 0% shot attempts 5v5.

Well I know how.... but still, how?
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #8
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

THought Vladar played well.
Pretty tough shot to stop on the second goal. Player coming off the boards and has to almost the hashmarks to take the shot on his forehand. Very tough place to be stopping shots and low blocker are not the easiest places because a goaltender if worried about not having any gaps in between their arms.

Ovechkin shot he should have had. Looked like he was cheating on a potential pass. He will learn that with shooters play the shot and if you get beat on the pass it does not look as bad as if you get beat on the shot.

Like his mobility and ease of movement in the crease. Definate potential.

Have to wonder if putting him in this game was to test him mentally as last year with the Bruins he got lit up 8-1 by the caps.

Wonder what him and Ovechkin were joking about on the long shot Vladar caught not long after the tying goal.
Old 10-24-2021, 12:29 PM   #9
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutout View Post
THought Vladar played well.
Pretty tough shot to stop on the second goal. Player coming off the boards and has to almost the hashmarks to take the shot on his forehand. Very tough place to be stopping shots and low blocker are not the easiest places because a goaltender if worried about not having any gaps in between their arms.

Ovechkin shot he should have had. Looked like he was cheating on a potential pass. He will learn that with shooters play the shot and if you get beat on the pass it does not look as bad as if you get beat on the shot.

Like his mobility and ease of movement in the crease. Definate potential.

Have to wonder if putting him in this game was to test him mentally as last year with the Bruins he got lit up 8-1 by the caps.

Wonder what him and Ovechkin were joking about on the long shot Vladar caught not long after the tying goal.
I liked his game. Sutter was fine with it as well, said he thought he was solid. Mentioned that the second and third were ones you may say you want to have but at the save time they are good shots.

Vladar basically said Ovechkin was trying to get in his head. Ovi was telling him things like “I’m shooting glove, I’m shooting glove” but then shooting blocker

https://twitter.com/user/status/1452017008459935748
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #10
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Not sure where to put this, buuuuut... 4 games into the season and only 4 players on the team have scored a goal (Lindholm 6, Mangiapane 3, Coleman 1, Tkachuk 1).

Things feel like we're trending in the right direction lately, but I'm still worried about where the offence is going to come from this year.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #11
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

What I'm seeing is the Flames will be a tough out. They're not going to be easy to play against, and they're going to be in most games.

If the system allows the goaltenders to thrive they could be a top five team in the west. If they don't they may not have the offence to get them there.

Like most of us expected, though maybe trending a bit better than the average expectation.

Plus I think there's a potential boost to offence coming when Sutter moves off the Dube center teaching and bringing Monahan along slowly. I know people are writing off Monahan, but I think he probably goes on one of his surges when he gets to play with better players and is unleashed more.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2021, 08:42 PM   #12
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Not sure where to put this, buuuuut... 4 games into the season and only 4 players on the team have scored a goal (Lindholm 6, Mangiapane 3, Coleman 1, Tkachuk 1).

Things feel like we're trending in the right direction lately, but I'm still worried about where the offence is going to come from this year.
So after 4 games 7 goals from line 1, 3 goals from line 2, 1 goal from line 3 and 0 from line 4. That actually seems about right to me.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2021, 10:06 PM   #13
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Two ways to look at it. Gaudreau is not scoring, no goals. Or he is on pace for 123 points, shattering his career high.

Point is, it’s still pretty early. Even 1 goal at this point is 20 goal pace so things change quickly. One thing I’m worried about still though is no offense from the back.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: