Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-25-2023, 11:50 PM   #8981
simonsays
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A name that I think is interesting is Vancouvers Kirill Kaprizov. His stat line is through the roof.

GP 46 - G - 27 - A - 30 - +/- -1

They can't afford to keep him. He's 25 and will go UFA if he doesn't sign. This is his first year in the NHL. Plays LW. Currently making 900K or so. Such a strange player to analyze. His team has tried (unsuccessfully) to out score their problems, and he's been a big contributor to that. But with over a point per game ... how the eff are you a minus?

Watching to see what they do with this absolute windfall... Who hasn't helped them at all at capturing points in the regular season grind. And he's never played an NHL playoff game in his life. Super interesting to me.
simonsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:57 PM   #8982
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
A name that I think is interesting is Vancouvers Kirill Kaprizov. His stat line is through the roof.

They can't afford to keep him. He's 25 and will go UFA if he doesn't sign. This is his first year in the NHL. Plays LW. Currently making 900K or so. Such a strange player to analyze. His team has tried (unsuccessfully) to out score their problems, and he's been a big contributor to that. But with over a point per game ... how the eff are you a minus?

Watching to see what they do with this absolute windfall... Who hasn't helped them at all at capturing points in the regular season grind. And he's never played an NHL playoff game in his life. Super interesting to me.
I am so confused.right now. Either you're having a stroke or I am.

Kaprizov plays for Minny and makes $9m per

....and he has 11 pts in 13 playoff games.

Last edited by Samonadreau; 01-26-2023 at 12:02 AM.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2023, 11:59 PM   #8983
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you thinking of Kuzmenko?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 12:03 AM   #8984
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsays View Post

I want whatever it is your having and I’ll have an extra for a difficult day.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:14 AM   #8985
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Are you thinking of Kuzmenko?
Thats not kuzmenkos stat line though or his age lol

If it is him...

Most people here want him traded, hes been incredible all year, real fan favorite, but hes 27 in a few weeks, we already have a glut of scoring wingers, and his value is gonna get boosted by his salary being basically entry level

Not huge size but he plays physical and wont get pushed around, gives it back too. Hes played net front on power play and never looked out of his depth

Probably more of a true 2nd line player, but hes been playing with petterson all season and they've performed as a legit 1st line

Dhaliwhal here has said hes likely going to sign a bridge deal around 6m a year though, so trade seems unlikely, we hope someone makes a huge offer before then though
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 12:34 AM   #8986
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

He must have mixed them up and looked up the wrong player
Old 01-26-2023, 01:16 AM   #8987
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'd totally take Kuzmenko in Calgary but I do think he really likes life in Vancouver, even if the team is a bit of a circus. He had his pick of destinations and chose that city.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:53 AM   #8988
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I'd totally take Kuzmenko in Calgary but I do think he really likes life in Vancouver, even if the team is a bit of a circus. He had his pick of destinations and chose that city.
True but there was a limit to what teams could offer. He can now field offers from anyone. I don't see him in Calgary because they don't have the cap room and I think he will be 5-6M at least.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:20 AM   #8989
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Flames should trade for Tarasenko. If we are going all in with this group let's go for it. They are never going to tank for a rebuild so might as well ice the best roster they can. What's the cost of 'Senko? 1st round pick + high prospect + salary equalization? I'm sure Brad is kicking all the tires.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:33 AM   #8990
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Flames should trade for Tarasenko. If we are going all in with this group let's go for it. They are never going to tank for a rebuild so might as well ice the best roster they can. What's the cost of 'Senko? 1st round pick + high prospect + salary equalization? I'm sure Brad is kicking all the tires.
If we're looking at St. Louis, I have a hard time thinking that Sutter and Treliving will look beyond Ryan O'Reilly.

Big body. Plays centre, plays wing, plays PP, plays PK, great on the faceoff dot.

...he's also already signed one contract here, so maybe he'd be open to another if some other cap stuff happens.

Last edited by ComixZone; 01-26-2023 at 10:38 AM.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:37 AM   #8991
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
If we're looking at St. Louis, I have a hard time thinking that Sutter and Treliving will look beyond Ryan O'Reilly.

Big body. Plays centre, plays wing, plays PP, plays PK, great on the face-off dot.
signed with Calgary once upon a time
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #8992
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think we can afford a Ryan O'Reilly will cost way too much and will almost certainly require a 1st going the other way.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #8993
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
I don't think we can afford a Ryan O'Reilly will cost way too much and will almost certainly require a 1st going the other way.
I don't think the Flames will shy away from spending a 2024 1st round pick +. I don't think very many teams will be spending 2023 picks, and for those who do I'd imagine they'll go towards Patrick Kane and Timo Meier who are undoubtedly the top two pieces at this deadline.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:40 AM   #8994
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

O'Reilly doesn't look very good at all this season. I would be wary that he would actually add value. Also, which of our centres does he displace to the wing? Lindy presumably?

I think cost will be similar for tarasenko and I'd give him the edge. But knowing the history of our organization and becoming focused over multiple years on specific players prior to acquisition, I can absolutely see us trading for ROR this year.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #8995
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
O'Reilly doesn't look very good at all this season. I would be wary that he would actually add value. Also, which of our centres does he displace to the wing? Lindy presumably?

I think cost will be similar for tarasenko and I'd give him the edge. But knowing the history of our organization and becoming focused over multiple years on specific players prior to acquisition, I can absolutely see us trading for ROR this year.
Nah, I'd see it as:

Dube - Lindholm - Toffoli
O'Reilly - Kadri - Huberdeau
Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman
<lots of options on 4th line>

As much as Tarasenko makes sense to us, I think the team has a goal of playing a very specific way - and O'Reilly is probably one of the best fits league-wide for that style. He's also a Stanley Cup Champion *CAPTAIN* which Sutter will cherish.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #8996
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think the Flames will shy away from spending a 2024 1st round pick +. I don't think very many teams will be spending 2023 picks, and for those who do I'd imagine they'll go towards Patrick Kane and Timo Meier who are undoubtedly the top two pieces at this deadline.
I don't think we can trade that pick because of all the conditions on the Monny trade.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #8997
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Treliving wasn't the one who went after ROR, and its been a Treliving staple of sorts to seek out prior targets. Not that he wouldn't want him or be interested, but I wouldn't suggest his prior offer sheet plays any role.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:43 AM   #8998
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Nah, I'd see it as:

Dube - Lindholm - Toffoli
O'Reilly - Kadri - Huberdeau
Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman
<lots of options on 4th line>

As much as Tarasenko makes sense to us, I think the team has a goal of playing a very specific way - and O'Reilly is probably one of the best fits league-wide for that style. He's also a Stanley Cup Champion *CAPTAIN* which Sutter will cherish.
Yeah I like the looks of that. Team would be miserable to play against.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:45 AM   #8999
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
I don't think we can trade that pick because of all the conditions on the Monny trade.
You can trade picks that have conditions on them, it may just kick in other conditions.

As is today, the pick in that Monahan deal is the 2025 CGY pick.

Ah that deal was fun.

Quote:
1. In the event Calgary’s own 2024 first (1st) round choice is selection 20-32 (inclusive) (following the determination of the 2024 NHL Draft lottery results), then Montreal shall have the option, exercisable until 48 hours prior to the start of the 2024 NHL draft, to exchange the conditional 2025 or 2026 first round choice to become Calgary’s own 2024 first (1st) round choice); or,

If Florida’s 2025 First (1st) Round Choice Transfers to Calgary (pursuant to the conditions on an earlier trade)

2. In the event the conditions to trigger Montreal’s option as noted in #1 above does not occur, or Montreal declines to exercise this option, the following conditions shall prevail:

A) If both Calgary’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice and Florida’s 2025 first (1st) round choice (previously acquired by Calgary) are not in the top-10 selections of the 2025 NHL Draft (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results), then Montreal shall receive the earlier of the two (2) stated choices; or,
B) If Calgary’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice is a top-10 selection and Florida’s 2025 first round selection (previously acquired by Calgary) is outside of the top-10 selections (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results), Montreal shall receive Florida’s 2025 first (1st) round choice).
If Florida’s 2025 First Round Choice DOES NOT Transfer to Calgary (pursuant to the conditions on an earlier trade)

3. In the event the conditions to trigger Montreal’s option as noted in #1 above does not occur, or Montreal declines to exercise this option, the following conditions shall prevail:

A. If Calgary’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice is not in the top-10 selections of the 2025 NHL Draft (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results), Montreal shall receive Calgary’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice, and additionally,

1) If Florida’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice is not in the top-10 selections of the 2025 NHL Draft (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results); and,
2) Florida’s 2025 first (1st) round choice has been transferred to another NHL Club; and,
3) Florida’s 2025 first round draft position is better than Calgary’s 2025 first round draft position; then Calgary will transfer their own 2025 fourth round choice to Montreal.
B. If Calgary’s own 2025 first (1st) round choice is a top-10 selection (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results), Montreal shall receive Calgary’s 2025 first (1st) round choice, subject to the following condition below:

1) In the event Calgary’s 2025 first (1st) round choice is the first (1st) selection overall in the 2025 NHL Draft (following the determination of the 2025 NHL Draft lottery results), Calgary will retain its own 2025 first (1st) round choice and Montreal shall instead receive Calgary’s own 2025 third (3rd) round choice and a conditional 2026 first (1st) round choice. Montreal shall receive the better of Calgary’s 2026 first (1st) round choice or Florida’s 2026 first (1st) round choice (following the determination of the 2026 NHL Draft lottery results) (previously conditionally acquired by Calgary).
If they don't have the pick, then Montreal just won't get the option.

Last edited by ComixZone; 01-26-2023 at 10:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 10:50 AM   #9000
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope those conditions are met and MTL takes the 2024 pick.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote