Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Advice for cheap shipping to the UK (and the US)?

Hi, anyone know of any suggestion for a cheaper alternative to ship parcels to the UK and the US?

I have a lot of soccer jerseys to be sold to England and needs to find a cheap shipping method. Canada Post prices are stupid.

It is about 25 kg and the box will be about 30"x 30" x 15"

Help please....
lazypucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #2
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dyk post for the US. full tracking and you get USPS pricing.

I sent 4 packages to the US last Thursday. Michigan, Florida, West Virginia and Califonria.

The combined shipping for the 4 of them was cheaper than 1 small book to Nova Scotia with Canada Post. jesus.

They really need a new name though. We all call them dick post.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 01-05-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
firebug
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Hi, anyone know of any suggestion for a cheaper alternative to ship parcels to the UK and the US?

I have a lot of soccer jerseys to be sold to England and needs to find a cheap shipping method. Canada Post prices are stupid.

It is about 25 kg and the box will be about 30"x 30" x 15"

Help please....
I ship a fair amount of clothes due to my ebay stores. If you are in calgary, Chit Chats has great rates to the USA and good overseas rates or their premium services (tracked via air). However you do have to get your items to their office off of 42nd Ave SE.

If you are sending items less than 2kg and the buyer is willing to wait 30- 45 days for delivery the small packet options from canada post are the most affordable that I've found.

~P^2
firebug is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firebug For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #4
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the DYK Post tip. I went in today and it was super busy. But prices are good, like it only cost me 1/3 of what I have to pay through Canada Post for anything going to the US or overseas.

For shipment of heavy (and big) items to overseas, I found these guys. Anyone heard of or used them before?

https://www.polimark.com/

And I would like to ask the experts here on CP if there are any cheaper alternatives to send packages within Canada? Even sending within Canada using Canada Post the price is ridiculous.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #5
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for the DYK Post tip. I went in today and it was super busy. But prices are good, like it only cost me 1/3 of what I have to pay through Canada Post for anything going to the US or overseas.

For shipment of heavy (and big) items to overseas, I found these guys. Anyone heard of or used them before?

And I would like to ask the experts here on CP if there are any cheaper alternatives to send packages within Canada? Even sending within Canada using Canada Post the price is ridiculous.
www.soluship.com/Integrated Carriers is what I use at my work.

You type in your dimensions, destination, etc. and then all the carriers instantly bid on your order - Purolator, Loomis, UPS, etc. It's way cheaper than going direct to the carriers and it's nice because all your tracking is in one spot instead of spread amongst multiple carriers.

We have an account, so I don't know if you can just go to their site and start shipping. If you ship a lot, though, could be worth looking at getting set up. It was a serious game changer for us when we found them.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
www.soluship.com/Integrated Carriers is what I use at my work.
Looks like it is for commercial only. I ship maybe 3 or 4 small packages within Canada a week so I don't think these guys will take me on. But even shipping 3 or 4 packages is costing me like $80 so I want to find something cheaper if it is available.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #7
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

How much is/was the DYKpost fee? I've been considering it, but I can't seem to see the fee breakdown for shipping stuff out of the USA.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote