Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2020, 12:16 AM   #161
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roast Beef View Post
My relationship with drugs has never been there, and I can count on one hand the number of times I did so much as smoke a joint.

My relationship with alcohol was not good, and thankfully it's now non-existent. I haven't touched a drop since early 2018, because I liked it way too much and I was killing myself with it. At the end it got to where getting absolutely plastered and fall-down drunk was the goal every night. I'd start around 5pm, drink until I'd pass out at 3 or 4 am, then I'd wake up at 7am and finish off whatever was left to ward off the shakes, and then head into work for 9am. Rinse and repeat Mon-Fri, and the weekends were for benders. It took a few weeks of rehab and some AA, but I escaped that life.
It's great that you made it through. I'm sure it wasn't easy to overcome.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #162
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roast Beef View Post
My relationship with drugs has never been there, and I can count on one hand the number of times I did so much as smoke a joint.

My relationship with alcohol was not good, and thankfully it's now non-existent. I haven't touched a drop since early 2018, because I liked it way too much and I was killing myself with it. At the end it got to where getting absolutely plastered and fall-down drunk was the goal every night. I'd start around 5pm, drink until I'd pass out at 3 or 4 am, then I'd wake up at 7am and finish off whatever was left to ward off the shakes, and then head into work for 9am. Rinse and repeat Mon-Fri, and the weekends were for benders. It took a few weeks of rehab and some AA, but I escaped that life.
Good stuff. It's certainly far easier to come in here and talk about one's superior control over alcohol than it is to admit to it being or having been an issue.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #163
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m really thrilled with how this thread has turned out, I have to say - proud of everyone who’s taken some time to engage with the topic.

I have been smoking a ####ton of joints recently. It started right before New Years, and once I get on the smoking train, it’s tough to hop back off. I’ve been trying to use the balanced 1:1 Oil in the hope that the extra CBD blunts the cravings - mixed results.

I know it’s bad for me. I can feel what it does to my lungs and my heart. I know I have to stop.

Maybe the Biden administration will help. I remember not smoking in such a panic during the Obama years.