Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #461
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron View Post
They should be on the hook for the entire legal costs for the Flames. Other than employing Dennis Wideman, I cannot see any reason why the Calgary Flames could be found to be negligent in this situation.
They went for the long ball and missed. They are out $11,000, which is getting off pretty easy for launching a law suit that never should have went forward in my opinion.
Hopefully he gets a fair settlement from the league and moves on.
Employers are always liable for actions of their employees while on the job. Authorized or not. If I get his by a City bus, I sue the driver and the city.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #462
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Yup. The Flames are on the hook because they were Wideman's employer.

And dino - the whole "he finished the game" argument isn't the trump card you think it is. In fact, it completely defeats your argument. Because Dennis Wideman also completed the rest of that game. If we use your logic, that means we have to assume Wideman was fine, and therefore has no defence against the claim he deliberately struck and injured a linesman.

And yes, Henderson is entitled to money. How much and how much from which parties is yet to be determined.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #463
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
And yes, Henderson is entitled to money. How much and how much from which parties is yet to be determined.
Yes, Henderson is entitled to money. Through his employer (NHLOA) and through his insurance company. I completely understand why a judge would throw this out of court. It is frivolous and goes against agreements between his employer and the interest he provides services to. Use the mechanisms available or stfu. Henderson was hoping 15 minutes of fame would lead to big payout. Screw him. Welcome to reality.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 11:30 PM   #464
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well, the monetary damages are pretty easy to establish. Insurance defence lawyers deal with these kind of claims all the time. Loss of income, medical expense (which is all for Alberta health care anyway), miscellaneous items, and a set capped amount for pain and suffering under Canadian law.
Ok, but keep in mind that I am dumb. I am not a lawyer or versed in legal proceedings, so go easy on me.

But are his injuries a matter of fact at this point? I know he has his doctors, but you often here of anecdotes where people can stretch the truth in order to sue. Could the extent of his injuries still be a matter of debate from the Flames or Wideman sides and could they ask for second opinions from other medical professionals?
Old 04-29-2018, 12:05 AM   #465
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

That's a relief. Scumbag POS. Always was sh***y at his job and is already more wealthy than he deserves.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redrum For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 12:14 AM   #466
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Yup. The Flames are on the hook because they were Wideman's employer.

And dino - the whole "he finished the game" argument isn't the trump card you think it is. In fact, it completely defeats your argument. Because Dennis Wideman also completed the rest of that game. If we use your logic, that means we have to assume Wideman was fine, and therefore has no defence against the claim he deliberately struck and injured a linesman.

Since when is that my argument? when did I say Wideman did it because he was concussed?

He had his head down, looked up at the last second and braced himself...Exactly like Weber in Vancouver.

I agree we didn't hear anything about a Wideman concussion until the lawyers got involved. Watch the post game interviews...Wideman is just like "didn't see him, total accident...my bad, you guys know me better than that"

What is the motive?? Why would someone "attack" a linesman? Bad offside call? lol

The average joe thinks its a ref and the game was heated with bad calls ect. and Wideman lost it...it was a mundane game with nothing going on.

Truth be told it likely cost Wideman more of a career than Henderson

Last edited by dino7c; 04-29-2018 at 12:17 AM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 12:23 AM   #467
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Perhaps he should have made a habit of not being in the way of fast moving NHL players.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote